Noticed a Bug many times over the last 2 years

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Renwood

Noticed a Bug many times over the last 2 years

Post by Renwood »

Ok this has got to be a bug, I have never seen anybody else mention it, as it happens rarely, but could really screw up tournies and other high level play.

I notice it only seems to happen when the units targeted are tightly clumped together. For example, you throw a pus at some thrall clump, it hits one of the thrall directly in the chest. THEN the pus bit INSTANTLY warps to the ground at their feet and does not bounce at all. Just appears at their feet all of a sudden. It is like the pus did not even register the first contact with the thrall, so since the pus WOULD of had a 50% chance to explode per bounce, it never gets at 50% chance calculated. Because when it "hit" the thrall it didn't count as 1 contact/bounce. I have even seen this happen WITH DORF BOTTLES! Hit a clump of guys, instantly the bottle warps to the ground and now its not even lit. Also not getting its 90% chance to detonate per bounce/contact/hit to explode. I have also only noticed this happen when the units hit are walking forward INTO the incoming object. I also wonder if this phenomenon might have been the culprit of a lot of the people thinking there were MORE duds a few years back.

I was playing library the other day and I saw this happen with a dorf bottle. I said to everybody what happened in game when I saw it occur. I will try to find that film. Anybody else ever see this happen? Its a much bigger problem then the HGH turning bug, sice HGH are hardly on any maps at all. Since magma made sure to fix that bug, I would think they would be interested in this bug also. Lets call it the "teleporting to ground upon contact explosive projectile bug" I have not noticed this happen with arrows, but they are slashing damage in fear so maybe they are not affected or to small to even notice when they warp to the ground when they hit their target. Ok just found the film, at exactly 10 mins and 26 seconds in, indicator's dwarf throws a bottle and it hits a clump of thrall and teleports to its feet. Instantly stops burning, then gets detonated by the next bottle the dwarf throws.
Teleportin Bottle_pus bug@10_26.zip
Chohan

Re: Noticed a Bug many times over the last 2 years

Post by Chohan »

Renwood wrote:Ok this has got to be a bug, I have never seen anybody else mention it, as it happens rarely, but could really screw up tournies and other high level play.[/attachment]
>1 month away from 2016
Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

A lot of care about duds for a few baby shaker co-ops.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

LSO, you a big negative Nacy? The internet really needs more negative people. Its all of myth that's affected not just a few coops