O Canadians and their LACK of belief in freedom of speech

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Renwood

O Canadians and their LACK of belief in freedom of speech

Post by Renwood »

O Canadians and their LACK of belief in freedom of speech and debate as a virtue of civilized western cultures. Yes if you do not agree with things people are saying be sure to:
1. Gag them
2. Warn them
3. Ban them.

WTF punk. Locking topics, That is some bullshit right there.

You stepped up to host a website for the Myth community. Now you act like you did not know what that entails...Pulling the "IMMA TAKE MY BALL AND GO HOME!" bit. Puh-lease.
adrenaline

Re: O Canadians and their LACK of belief in freedom of speec

Post by adrenaline »

are you generalizing our entire population based on a single person or group you happen to disagree with? not even sure who or what the fuck you are talking about, but I guarantee there are 1000x more narrow-minded individuals in the USA.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Mmmm this is a privately owned server so he can do whatever he wants. PunkUser runs this without any support from this community as far as I'm aware of of. You should be grateful that he host this server and allows pretty much anything to go on the server.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Where was all this "No personal attacks" stuff with all the shit I have gotten on this very website over the years? If Asmo and Adren are Canadian as well, that would make a lot of sense.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

adrenaline wrote:are you generalizing our entire population based on a single person or group you happen to disagree with? not even sure who or what the fuck you are talking about, but I guarantee there are 1000x more narrow-minded individuals in the USA.
Btw, great job combating my generalizing statement with an exponentially even more generalizing statement about an entire country's population. Hypocrisy much?
grim

Post by grim »

Can we just use waybackmachine and post the conversations about this same topic with Blades and OM and be done with it. Just gonna be same shit over and over again like Asmo already presented.
Zak

Post by Zak »

None of them wete quite the nazi overlord tyrants that grim was in 2008
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Asmodian wrote:Mmmm this is a privately owned server so he can do whatever he wants. PunkUser runs this without any support from this community as far as I'm aware of of.
Yep, and I'm busy enough these days to not have time to deal with your usual bull-shit guys so don't push me on this ;) Please feel free to set up discussion boards elsewhere for all your non-GoS related chat if you want.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

The content posted on this site is rated G compared to prior years of Myth. Why is there suddenly a huge push for everything to be PG rated? Don't view these forums at work if you have an issue. And frankly overall there just really isn't anybody posting any bad content. Feels like omrake all over again. He single handedly crashed marius.
par73

Post by par73 »

PunkUser did the right thing

the myth community has always been somewhat of a trash can
once it's full, you need to empty it.

you're just a bunch of oscars
omylrake

Post by omylrake »

cohaagen wrote:Banning people on a dead game because your life sucks is a page right out of the OM playbook.
AHahahahahhaa..... cohaagen can't even tell the difference between a game, a game server, and an online forum?

Myth community drama would be entertaining if it weren't so predictable.

Insulting the guy who gives you something for free? Check. What's next? A few derps with a misplaced sense of outrage and entitlement try to intentionally piss off PunkUser then whine like little babies when he locks the forums like he said he would.

This should be good, gonna go nuke some popcorn, don't start without me.
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

Yea I'm pretty happy not to have black cocks and pictures of trump spammed all over my threads.

This "myth has always been full of assholes" thing isn't even true. At myth's height 1997-2001 the community prided itself on its mellow vibe. If you were a dick you were told to go play starcraft. There were always some iconoclastic pranksters but the difference was they were actually funny for the most part, not just angry morons.

The real problem is the community has become so small and white-ghettoized.

Thanks for the server PunkUser.
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Ya well its un-American to not respect ones private property either. This forum is Punks private property. He has a right to maintain and filter his content anyway he sees fit.

These discussions were pretty prevalent in 2008-2010 period as well.. however that was before society tried summarizing issues requiring a novel in a meme.
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

So what was the subject matter of Renwood's thing that got locked?
And obviously us Canadians are well known for hating freedom of speech. Heil Justin our great leader
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Honkey, WTF you talkin bout bro? Me sayin its BS to lock threads on the basis of being PC and stuff has nothing to do with not respecting private property. Nice try though.
Myrk you assume punk locked one of my threads so I spoke up? O no, its was a thread I was not even involved in. An injustice against one of us, is an injustice against all of us, Americans at least, that is.
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

Renwood stfu you fat fedora wearing clown. Don't make me put you in your place AGAIN.
Boxer

Post by Boxer »

I knew a man, free baller, and he'd dance for you.
With no underwear.
Pubic hair, a zipper scare, and baggy pants.
He sharted a poo..
Mr. Balls Dangler.
Mr. Balls Dangler.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Im fat now? Damn I wish I was fat. Then I could float no problem.
Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

Boxer wrote:I knew a man, free baller, and he'd dance for you.
With no underwear.
Pubic hair, a zipper scare, and baggy pants.
He sharted a poo..
Mr. Balls Dangler.
Mr. Balls Dangler.
Sounds like renwood on pogue's birthday
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

From what I've seen PunkUser hasn't had a clue from the inception of this haggard-not-even-a-tenth-of-what-marius-was server. People were swayed by a few enthusiastic idiots that thought having two servers running at once was a great idea because you couldn't create accounts on marius for the time being. Funny how thats all null and void now considering most people play on guest accounts anyways. We traded a great server for a bare bones pile of shit, why be surprised by anything else that runs downhill. I'll bet I could sell most of you douchbags human shit and you'd eat it as long as i said it was steak.

You're all gullible trash, shut the fuck up forever.
omylrake

Post by omylrake »

Lizard King wrote:From what I've seen PunkUser hasn't had a clue from the inception of this haggard-not-even-a-tenth-of-what-marius-was server. People were swayed by a few enthusiastic idiots that thought having two servers running at once was a great idea because you couldn't create accounts on marius for the time being. Funny how thats all null and void now considering most people play on guest accounts anyways. We traded a great server for a bare bones pile of shit, why be surprised by anything else that runs downhill. I'll bet I could sell most of you douchbags human shit and you'd eat it as long as i said it was steak.
People are shit, give them something free and all they do is bitch about it. Give Myth players a free game server and they'll bitch about it and whine and complain about the people who created or support the site (spending their time supporting and enabling the player's game habits).

Pick a server and go back in time to when it was the only Myth game server and you'll find people (probably some of the same people here bitching about PunkUser and GoS) whining and complaining about the server and the people who ran it.
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Embarassing that this is still going on.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Lizard King wrote:We traded a great server for a bare bones pile of shit, why be surprised by anything else that runs downhill.
Ridiculous LK hyperbole aside, you didn't "trade" anything. If not for GoS you'd have nothing right now, not MariusNet or any other server. Or did you miss the bit where there was minimal effort expended to fix stuff after the crash, despite us even offering to support them and help get it back up and running? The reality is PPE had zero inclination to even respond to e-mails let alone even just accept help getting it repaired.

As usual, I owe you guys nothing - you're welcome to go play at MariusNet, PlayMyth, Bungie or wherever the hell you want. Be glad I still feel some desire to provide a place for people to play (or don't and just leave ;)), but my desire to provide a place for people to spew their childish BS is significantly lower, and let me remind you that the forums are not a requirement for the server. If nothing useful is coming out of the forums these days, I'll shut them down.

So again, I recommend you guys start looking for one of the MANY free places to go do whatever discussions you want these days. Surprising perhaps to you guys, but this isn't 1999 anymore, you don't need BBS and "forums" to chat online. You don't need GoS or anywhere else to support your "freedom of speech".