DIY Myth Orders

Gate of Storms (GoS) is a metaserver (lobby) for Myth II Soulblighter multiplayer where you can play online with friends and strangers alike for free.
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

DIY Myth Orders

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

Hi punkUser and all,

I was thinking on how I could restore the fun of myth orders, more long term groups of players who are friends, more or less, and compete with one another and maybe eventually host events and whatnot. Sort of like gangs! I came up with the following set of rules. I've made it so that it would be fairly easy to set up scoring wise. The only thing that would have to be added would be the ability for a number of "order leaders" to add scores, much as individual tourney organizers can do currently. A bit more complicated would be how to assign the points, but I figure the points can just be assigned to the "order leader." It would be like scoring works currently, except that instead of everyone accruing and losing points, only the order leaders do.

HERE ARE THE RULES, please let me know if you think anything could be improved:

1. An order can have no less than 2 members.

2. Once someone is accepted into an order, they cannot leave the order unless they defeat the order’s captain. The order’s captain may also defer to a “champion,” another player within the order. The winner is responsible for keeping either the film or the GoS link to the film saved in order to prove his/her victory. (please note that it may take some time to process changes in order affiliation).

3. Any game can be officially treated as an official match provided that (a) at least one member of each order is present and (b) all the players on each team are currently registered with a single order and (c) EITHER the order leaders agree in writing within this thread OR all players verbally agree in planning time to the game being an official clan match.

4. The winning order’s leader is responsible for adding the films to the tournament database, which only order leaders may access.

5. When an order comes into being, it has 1 point. When one order defeats another, it claims all of the opposing order’s points.
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Re: DIY Myth Orders

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

Actually this would lead to an underclass of disenfranchised 0 pointers who nobody would ever play.

Maybe everyone begins at 160 and the opposing order gets half your points when they win?
Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

20 people play, that makes 10 orders.
Sounds like a great idea!!!!!
Good system but the leaving thing...if you want to leave i say you should be able to get permission without having to play for the right.

Legitimately we might actually get some orders...
Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

THOR has a myth playing family
Clan THOR
THOR -THOR-
Thorzinho -THOR-
Hericob -THOR-
Thorhenry -THOR-

Most legit clan ever.