Mouse responsiveness issue?

Gate of Storms (GoS) is a metaserver (lobby) for Myth II Soulblighter multiplayer where you can play online with friends and strangers alike for free.
NewMutator

Mouse responsiveness issue?

Post by NewMutator »

I know this likely isn't a server issue but I thought I'd post here anyway in the hopes someone has experienced this and resolved it. While playing in the client my mouse has selection issues where a click doesn't always translate. It happens a great deal of the time, enough to produce frustrating outcomes. Sometimes units will deselect when I'm trying to move them, or sometimes selecting becomes difficult to achieve. Telling units to move has mixed results; sometimes it works and others I have to click many times to get a response. T-clicking is always difficult. Healing units and especially fire arrows are hard to accomplish successfully. Someone else told me they had this issue too, so I know it isn't just me. It can be quite frustrating. Any ideas?
dac

Re: Mouse responsiveness issue?

Post by dac »

Try setting affinity for 1 processor and see if that helps.

I run into this a lot too, seems to happen less now but it's quite frustrating
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

I'll try that. Thanks for the suggestion.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Yeah I'm afraid I've got nothing much to help here. Myth doesn't do anything special with the mouse really, uses the same APIs that everything else does (at least on Windows, but I assume on Mac as well) so I don't know why you would see any issues that occur in Myth specifically but not other programs.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

I haven't played around with things enough to notice if the issue persists for other programs or not.