Myth as a social game

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Lord---Scary Owl

Myth as a social game

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

You Poison the community.
Ease Up on the lesser skilled.
Professional Killer

Re: Myth as a social game

Post by Professional Killer »

seriusly man.. Smoo's just cute.
Zak

Post by Zak »

lol what a lame thread
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I don't troll you. I think you are a little confused as to what trolling is. I do however call you a 1 baller occasionally because that's what you are right now. There is no shame in being a 1 baller (well maybe if you stay one for years); Zak was the first ever Np & NC 1 baller.

Criticism is good and the criticism I give is valid, it's not just random insults. If you want to get better you should understand the mistakes I point out are to help you understand what you did wrong so you can fix it in the future.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things."

- Winston Churchill
Professional Killer

Post by Professional Killer »

Also let me give you the best advice you will ever hear.

First of all grow some balls.
Then understand that playing a game online the only way you can earn somewhat respect from others are by showing and getting to a level where ppl can rely on you in a game and you play it the way its ment to be played. (Unless you have the charm that I do that makes ppl love you.)

Seriously man we have all been threw this at one point.
Atom95

Post by Atom95 »

Posted by: Professional Killer
Seriously man we have all been threw this at one point.
Then you know how much it sucks, so why keep doing it to new members? There aren't exactly a ton new people lining up to play Myth. You do realize that you are killing any possible future the Myth community has, right? I've been playing since 2005, and the Myth community has never been a very welcoming place, but these days, it's nothing but a toxic sludge circling the drain. I used to try to let random people into my games, but it's gotten so bad that finding the hand full of decent people amidst the sea of human garbage isn't worth the effort.

I've been accused of killing the Myth community in the past. I'm not actively trying to destroy it, but I won't shed a tear when it finally succumbs to the cancer that's eating it away.
shadow

Post by shadow »

Myth as a gerontocratic game
In the whole. (sum up at bottom)
40-60 years old players
25-39 years old players (+paris (his getting extra years for being smart-ass))
14 and yonger

Most people get online to have fun, spit on your face and piss on your corp, enjoy myth for what it is.
There is also the people that you are playing with. You can try to get online to play a few games for FUN, but its real hard.There is always that one troll or that one person that fuck up every game and clearly out of league.
Lord owl is a number one problem.
Everybody want to get good game and one owl always try to fuck up it. 1 baller, noob and the such.
Sometimes he playing fairly average but regulary he fail hard. He can't stand any critic about it and always hear "1 ball owl, i am trying to have fun, get better". Then of course he try harder and don't come up with the results he want. He constantly bashed about his play. When it comes to 2t games he never, ever, forever don't get the best unit sets to prove how bad he is. Asmodian and other make it hard for him to fuck up and waste everybody time, in fact they decrease the craziness in games and they make it twice as hard to fuck up when they just criticize young fags and call em bad.

Sum up: Stop shit your pants, people like asmodian don't give a fuck about you and want a ggs, tell you truth, criticize you and the sort, u don't improve - it takes years and care.

Myth is the best game
U almost want to quit, and every want you to quit or dont give a single fuck.
But you never do that. U will retire and take new name and start over.
Welcome to MYTH
GG GF NO RE
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Atom95 wrote:
Then you know how much it sucks, so why keep doing it to new members? There aren't exactly a ton new people lining up to play Myth.

I think you missed his point. It doesn't suck at all in fact it shouldn't affect someone at all. If you can't take criticism then become a hermit because it's going to happen to everyone in this game and in life.
Atom95 wrote:You do realize that you are killing any possible future the Myth community has, right?
Do you really believe what you just wrote? There is no future for myth 2 unless someone within the community buys the rights to the game and it gets put up on steam.
Atom95 wrote:I've been playing since 2005, and the Myth community has never been a very welcoming place, but these days, it's nothing but a toxic sludge circling the drain.
Myth 2 is easily one of the more welcoming communities among online games (with the exception of the game itself which has a big learning curve). Honestly how would you be the one to know? You have nearly 0 interaction with anyone in the community. You play once a month? and play in private games with your FCWA crew.
Atom95 wrote:I used to try to let random people into my games, but it's gotten so bad that finding the hand full of decent people amidst the sea of human garbage isn't worth the effort.
Yeah you're full of shit. I have played in your games over the years and it's very rare that anyone is allowed in from outside your little circle. When I played in your games I literally typed nothing, but got accused of 'ruining the game' because I attacked someone on FFA that I apparently wasn't suppose to?
Atom95 wrote:I've been accused of killing the Myth community in the past. I'm not actively trying to destroy it, but I won't shed a tear when it finally succumbs to the cancer that's eating it away.
So you respond to PK with some 'holier than thou' attitude and then you end your litte rant with this, hilarious.

Again you have sat in your password games with your same 6-8 players as long as I can remember. You are not a part of the myth community and you don't socialize with them, but you act like you know how the myth community is. Look into the mirror, you are wearing goggles of delusion.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Myth is not nearly as toxic as 99% of other games. I play a lot of CS:GO now and I assure you it is 10000x more toxic than myth has ever been.
wwo

Post by wwo »

Every two years or so, someone posts their analysis of Myth culture, and it's always this. We should collect all those posts and sticky them in each mwc forum, thus saving another generation from trying to enlighten anyone.
Garrick

Post by Garrick »

I find myth to be pretty friendly for the most part. Yeah people do talk shit, but it's nothing that should be taken to the personal level.

Lord man, you should have played with stormin tormin. Now that guy would ream you something fierce when you messed up. Needless to say I took a lot of shit from some (most) players back in the day, including tormin. Even after all that 'abuse' I still miss those guys and truly wish they still played. I think taking the abuse is almost a right of passage in many ways. I probably deserved most of it

Really though if you don't find the game enjoyable then you probably shouldn't play the game. Hate the game not the player.

Truth is not many games have a community like the one you found/find in myth (found maybe is probably more appropriate cause it is pretty dead for the most part). A community where you can feasibly know and interact with all the players is kind of cool in some respects. It's kind of like living in a small town.
Lord---Scary Owl

Garrick, Hate the player, not the game

Asmo, its not constructive criticism, not once have you suggested do this or that instead of what you just did

PK, Did you go through this, if you haven't then don't tell me to grow some balls because your vagina was just pampered

I guess I really should just not care and start playing with FCAw
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Most of it is. I don't flat out tell you the change to make, but I point out the mistake allowing you to decide by yourself what you did wrong, but instead you usually just make a bad excuse.

Perfect example is the other day where your dwarfed my heron on float and blamed me for "running into it" (or something near that extent) when the bottle was nowhere near the enemy and in the water.

Anyways I'm not sure why you made this post, just to have a pity party? Apparently a little bit of criticism and trash talk is too much for you so I'll just avoid talking to you in the future. If you want to 'just have fun' (which isn't really fun) then FCAW is your crew to play with, enjoy.
Lord---Scary Owl

I was making a bottle for my ghol, and you ran into the throw, gj

Now that I think about it, I'm sorry I raised hostilities and I hope I will be forgiven
I will accept my place in the Myth community, I will accept 1 baller level, I will try to improve

sorry for posting this crap post, i was just mad...
wwo

Post by wwo »

Deep breaths before posting. People respect honesty, but also "death before dishonor".
sharkdrivingabus

Post by sharkdrivingabus »

Haha for a second I thought I was reading a copy-paste of a 2004 Elfroid thread.

Mr owl- are you 12? The emotions you express on this board seem like those of an insecure preteen.
Lord---Scary Owl

im 13 and Elfroid was a douche
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Scary Owl... http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/a ... -for-newbs. Read the last section of Part 1. And if you haven't read it at all... read all of it.

And haha... I just browsed through it myself for the first time in a long time... HEY ASMO... remember our PG 1v1 last night? :lol:

"The Heal Trap
You won’t need this too often, but it’s a great trick to have in your arsenal on Proving Grounds. What I
am referring to is trapping an enemy trow with your mellee pack. To execute this maneuver, keep a heron
guard(s) near on the outer edge of your mellee pack. When a trow gets close enough, heal the trow and
quickly surround it with mellee. There are varying techniques to pull this move off. What I generally do
is select my entire mellee group, hit T to heal the trow (careful… if your herons are close together you
may use their heals as well, which would be a waste), and send my mellee around the trow to a box
formation on the other side. I also use my artillery as a lure… dangling it just far enough to tempt the
enemy to kick it. A warlock or mortar dorf is a good trade-off for a trow!
"

Still works :D
sasper

Post by sasper »

this thread needs to be euthanised
Lord---Scary Owl

4v4 game

gkg
adrenaline
homer
lord---scary owl

vs

asmodian
BOC
dac
East Wind

i was given 3 ghols, i got 1 dmg but i threw a mort shell that killed 4 mauls when the arty hit them
asmo kicks me because gkg whisper whined to him and i got 1 damage

crap like this is killing myth, so stupid
wwo

Post by wwo »

Hold your own in a 1v1. Damage in a random game is never going to be used as justification. GKG hates me but still won't drop if I'm on his team. If I can do it, so can you!
grim

Post by grim »

LSO: Here's something your predecessor wrote a long time ago.
I'm just here 2 say that I think 'Myth Code of Conduct' Is a terribly nasty review. It advises players 2 be nasty 2 each other when they could easily b friends. Below is some general rules that I like 2 follow:

Say gl hf at the start of a game and gg after. Even if the game sucked say gg or people will say that u can't take losing. If u were doubled or tripled or whatever however, make a point of it and try and get the offenders booted.

Many people can fight without full pus on light maps. This is down 2 personal preference and if someone quits because they didn't get the units they wanted it's their problem. The captain needs 2 have units he can make a plan with and if he takes other players favourite units he may well not be able 2 use them.

One rule u should always follow is never asking if u can join someone's order. It's rude 2 ask and it's rude 4 them 2 say no.

I think playing 2 win and show off 2 others is all well and good in small doses but the community is 2 small 4 us 2 start fighting each other. Myth is all about having fun with ur friends and meeting other people. If u have problems with cheaters, don't just complain, tell PlayMyth.net 2 sort it out. It's why admins were invented.
R.I.P my fair prince :(
Lord---Scary Owl

you sound like your talking to a child, no orders anymore, i know all of this crap already, go f off grim

you shamed ESUTAC
grim

Post by grim »

I haven't actually played any myth in 3 years though, so I don't think I've given you that many orders. But good show nonetheless, dayumn.
sharkdrivingabus

Post by sharkdrivingabus »

I want you to answer this seriously - don't spare my feelings or anything:

When's the last time you truly - and I mean really - grimbled in the wabe?
grim

Post by grim »

Dunno. Sometime maybe in 2008 or something.
sasper

Post by sasper »

Lord---Scary Owl wrote:you sound like your talking to a child, no orders anymore, i know all of this crap already, go f off grim

you shamed ESUTAC
he was talking to a child. aren't you 12?
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

Obesity is really just a slow suicide, grim.
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Sorry owl..... but you gotta ge around a bit more before anyone cares. Take your small amount of units and learn how the game works before you worry about trying to go toe to toe against people who are 30 thst started this game at 13.

Who have been playing this long mainly play cause their friends have been playing just as long and in 2 weeks nobody is going to come around anymore.
switch

Post by switch »

adrenaline wrote:Myth is not nearly as toxic as 99% of other games. I play a lot of CS:GO now and I assure you it is 10000x more toxic than myth has ever been.
I'm hearing some good things about cs go gameplay lately. Care to comment further?
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Myth isn't toxic... it is more so a cliquey arrogant little community loosely held together by nostalgia and decade+ friendships.

I don't consider shadow toxic as my experience in eve has taught me all Russians act the same way.
Lord---Scary Owl

What about egotistic elitist americans?
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

The egos know no borders nor are they limited to any nationality... they are just presented in different ways
shadow

Post by shadow »

Honkey wrote:Myth isn't toxic... it is more so a cliquey arrogant little community loosely held together by nostalgia and decade+ friendships.

I don't consider shadow toxic as my experience in eve has taught me all Russians act the same way.
wtf idiot
I'm a nice player ! I'm your Bro ! Broseph !
honk honk
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Haha I like u shadow Russian gamers are very straight forward.
dac

Post by dac »

Bagrada (shadow) likes to talk shit and prepares 4 sentences or so, if you get past those and shoot it back he goes quiet while he alt tabs into google translate to try to figure out what you're saying about him, then needs a week or two to figure out a retort. He is pretty damn funny when he has time to think about what he's saying though, his trash talking in broken english is actually pretty good.

That said, you can ignore him. He is angry since he's in one of putin's siberian logging gulags. Anybody in his situation would be equally angry, present company included, so I don't hold it against him.

Oh, and he likes to rape people on cracks. It's fun to give him a dorf or two and watch him go on any map. Damn I didnt realize I actually like the dude.
Lord---Scary Owl

shadow isn't a problem he actually funny
tlantz

Post by tlantz »

I have moved between age group categories on Myth several times. I don't consider myself to have quit Myth. It's like an epic. I come back after many years of being away and everything's f'd up. So I go back to being lost at sea. I'm just not as badass as Odysseus.
shadow

Post by shadow »

dac wrote:Bagrada (shadow) likes to talk shit and prepares 4 sentences or so, if you get past those and shoot it back he goes quiet while he alt tabs into google translate to try to figure out what you're saying about him, then needs a week or two to figure out a retort. He is pretty damn funny when he has time to think about what he's saying though, his trash talking in broken english is actually pretty good.

That said, you can ignore him. He is angry since he's in one of putin's siberian logging gulags. Anybody in his situation would be equally angry, present company included, so I don't hold it against him.

Oh, and he likes to rape people on cracks. It's fun to give him a dorf or two and watch him go on any map. Damn I didnt realize I actually like the dude.

Oh Dac is such an ass kisser
No wonder you in MPD's Witnesses sect with smo and others
STAY AWAY SECTARIAN
dac

Post by dac »

shadow wrote:
dac wrote:Bagrada (shadow) likes to talk shit and prepares 4 sentences or so, if you get past those and shoot it back he goes quiet while he alt tabs into google translate to try to figure out what you're saying about him, then needs a week or two to figure out a retort. He is pretty damn funny when he has time to think about what he's saying though, his trash talking in broken english is actually pretty good.

STAY AWAY SECTARIAN
see, maybe two sentences, and quotes been up so its been stewing for a bit then its like... bam bam... nothing.

just like the sexlife. 5 seconds or less, takes a few days to save up enough to pay for it.

dunno man. you'll mb get there someday!
shadow

Post by shadow »

dac wrote:
shadow wrote:

STAY AWAY SECTARIAN
see, maybe two sentences, and quotes been up so its been stewing for a bit then its like... bam bam... nothing.

just like the sexlife. 5 seconds or less, takes a few days to save up enough to pay for it.

dunno man. you'll mb get there someday!
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Of course you'd like that awful movie.
dac

Post by dac »

I dont get the response, but okay. Must be lost in translation or something.
shadow

Post by shadow »

answer is 42
dac

Post by dac »

42 is not the best number.

the best number is a fraction. 10 over 18. dont reduce it, you're losing half the hotness and that shit becomes illegal.
shadow

Post by shadow »

dac wrote:42 is not the best number.

the best number is a fraction. 10 over 18. dont reduce it, you're losing half the hotness and that shit becomes illegal.
Mmmm...math porn, how about stop here phagget.
dac

Post by dac »

it's okay bag, some of you arent meant to ever get 10 over 18

unless you're talking the value of your rubles.
Revan

Post by Revan »

shadow wrote:answer is 42
so much win