DOTA 2

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Captain

DOTA 2

Post by Captain »

Who plays this game?

Anyone actually good and want to play some games with me?
drunken_deer

Re: DOTA 2

Post by drunken_deer »

what a shit game you should go shoot yourself.
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

Captain wrote:Who plays this game?

Enculator plays it a lot, rab plays it sometimes too. I heard they played with Myrk and Flatline too.
legendary parpar

Post by legendary parpar »

captain feed reporting for duty

enculator is similar to the krok of the dota 2 community, i'm pretty sure the frenchmen copied all the farmer boy's moves
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

List of mythers I know playing dota 2 (which kinda reminds of myth a little bit for some unknown reason)............. I'm sure people would disagree it's anything like myth.

Flatline (me) - Decidedly average at the game at best. I know how to play but play lazy and do stupid shit every game. I have like 8 dota 2 dummy accs to fuck around on too :(
Chron1 - around same skill level as me doesn't do as much stupid shit
Enc - Much higher skill level than me but tendency to flame teammates so he gets muted or stuck in the low priorty pool every second day or so.
Rab - High skill level but is taking a break right now
Paris - Probably same skill level as me which is sad because I've been playing dota 2 a lot longer.
Ghengis - Has aspirations to be a pro dota 2 player.
Myrk - High skill level but suffers the same problem as enc........
Kilgrath _ haven't seen kil for a while
Cruiser - haven't seen cruiser for a while

Presently paris and rab don't really seem to play much but I play a fair bit with myrk enc and chron1 who are all active.
It's a fun game once you get past the mountain of the learning curve to it when you are new......I hadn't played any other moba like LOL or HON etc before I picked up dota 2 though so I assume if you have the learning curve isn't as steep.

If you decide to play it be prepared for endless autistic kids, young adults forever crying at you for sucking, often on mics which is even worse.
Imagine every game has 1 or 2 kroks in it but they have microphones...
Approximately 50% of people in the games that cry like you have just ran a train on their mom don't speak English either.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

If you are just getting into one of these MOBA games you should probably play League of Legends. I have played League,HoN and Dota 2 and Dota 2 is the worst of the current major MOBA's. ( I have admittedly played Dota 2 much less than the other two because the quality wasn't there)

Talk to Cruniac if you decide to play league he can probably help teach you the basics of the game.
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

If you decide to play moba games you pretty much admitting your a casual gamer with no sense of stratergy for unit management. Essentially its Blizzard Entertainments PVP diablo with monsters inbetween.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCk8Y32NS2c[/youtube] probally one of the best and origonal rts games released recently.

Probally the coolest thing about this, is you play a campaign about 5-7 different battlefields depending on what occurs and your military decitions in the battle. So lets say you play confederate you smash the union defences and take Seminary ridge but your men are exausted (condition). The next battle gives you fresh reinforcements historicly at the time of the battle when enterering the field not only this but those units that faught beforehand will have the same statistics as before so you can either choose to hold and wait for your reinforcements to attack together or keep pushing because the union will have a much larger army in the end game and are much deadlier when organized in a defensive position.

Also Morale plays in the game and Terrain, you fight in trees you get a cover defence bonus, fighting uphill tires your men out (named condition) and if your using artillery it drains morale.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

drunken_deer wrote:If you decide to play moba games you pretty much admitting your a casual gamer with no sense of stratergy for unit management
hmmm :roll:
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Asmodian wrote:

If you are just getting into one of these MOBA games you should probably play League of Legends. I have played League,HoN and Dota 2 and Dota 2 is the worst of the current major MOBA's. ( I have admittedly played Dota 2 much less than the other two because the quality wasn't there)

Talk to Cruniac if you decide to play league he can probably help teach you the basics of the game.
Quality as in what? Certainly not graphics. Lol graphics are fuckin horrid.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

interface and how smooth the game feels. The Interface is horrible on dota 2.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Asmodian wrote:interface and how smooth the game feels. The Interface is horrible on dota 2.
Seems fine to me. Only problem I had was the learning curve with 110 or so heros and learning how the shops and courier works.
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Asmodian wrote:
drunken_deer wrote:If you decide to play moba games you pretty much admitting your a casual gamer with no sense of stratergy for unit management
disagree all you want, having a single unit is not micromangement, nor is it tactical when you have things called Lanes that are predictable where you can flank and exploit the streamed direction of your opponent. Its repetitive grinding drivel that is paramount to the decline in quality games.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

MOBA's are far from my favorite genre of game, but correlating that to being a causal gamer is absurd. MOBA's are some of the most, if not the most competitive e-sport games right now. I'm not going to argue that you need an amazing ability to micro manage to be good at a MOBA, but there is definitely strategy in them. In-fact the players who are really good at MOBA's are normally good not because they are amazing at clicking their unit, but because they make smart decisions and have good coordination with their teammates.
Captain

Post by Captain »

I am already playing here. haven't been playing too long but I managed to hit 2900 MMR in the first couple months of playing. I just wanted to play with some peeps!
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

You can get your micro fix in by getting good with Meepo, Naga Siren and Beastmaster. If you really wanna challenge yourself get good with Invoker.
And Captain what's your Steam ID
Captain

Post by Captain »

so far I have pretty much just been playing Sven, love it. I didn't like Invoker at all, havne't tried the others..

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:54380069
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Captain wrote:so far I have pretty much just been playing Sven, love it. I didn't like Invoker at all, havne't tried the others..

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:54380069
meant account name
Captain

Post by Captain »

Its Captain
SamsWrath

Post by SamsWrath »

drunken_deer wrote:
Asmodian wrote:
disagree all you want, having a single unit is not micromangement, nor is it tactical when you have things called Lanes that are predictable where you can flank and exploit the streamed direction of your opponent. Its repetitive grinding drivel that is paramount to the decline in quality games.
I question whether you could win an beginner setting AI match.
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

I probally couldn't give enough of a shit to actually want to play that game anyway. So many more awesome games out there that heap shit on this.
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

well can't find you on there since there are a billion captains
legendary parpar

drunken_deer wrote:
I probally couldn't give enough of a shit to actually want to play that game anyway. So many more awesome games out there that heap shit on this.
you pretty much get the full game without paying a cent, any money you spend supports the community directly
worth more than a look
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

legendary parpar wrote:
drunken_deer wrote:
you pretty much get the full game without paying a cent, any money you spend supports the community directly
worth more than a look
No pretty much about it. The full game is free , there's no pay-to-win or anything with it. The only thing that costs is cosmetic items which are entirely optional.
I think its a pretty awesome multiplayer game myself.
There sure is a lot of ragers though but the game is a report system and having people friend request me after a lost game just so they can rage at me is hilarious..... (they couldn't say anything in game itself since they were muted for receiving numerous reports).
The community can be kinda cancerous in the game but I'll assume its no different to any other moba in that respect.
legendary parpar

flat is one of the best ragers he actually gets mad similar to enculator but at decimal level in comparison

come to find out rab uninstalled the game
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Flatline wrote:List of mythers I know playing dota 2 (which kinda reminds of myth a little bit for some unknown reason)............. I'm sure people would disagree it's anything like myth.

Flatline (me) - Decidedly average at the game at best. I know how to play but play lazy and do stupid shit every game. I have like 8 dota 2 dummy accs to fuck around on too :(
Chron1 - around same skill level as me doesn't do as much stupid shit
Enc - Much higher skill level than me but tendency to flame teammates so he gets muted or stuck in the low priorty pool every second day or so.
Rab - High skill level but is taking a break right now
Paris - Probably same skill level as me which is sad because I've been playing dota 2 a lot longer.
Ghengis - Has aspirations to be a pro dota 2 player.
Myrk - High skill level but suffers the same problem as enc........
Kilgrath _ haven't seen kil for a while
Cruiser - haven't seen cruiser for a while

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/117602888

He should probably start aspiring to be something else :lol:
enc

Post by enc »

yo captain, i added u.
also don't play with myrk
also rab re installed it since the new patch is pretty nice
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

I play but haven't in a few months, recently relocated and haven't had the time or care to get an isp though i should have one soon. Have flatline send you an invite to MoC.

P.s. dont mess with league of legends, its pretty much a poor man's dota2 and doesn't stack up for shit. Valve trumps pretty much everything.
legendary parpar

Asmodian wrote:
Flatline wrote: Ghengis - Has aspirations to be a pro dota 2 player.

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/117602888

He should probably start aspiring to be something else :lol:
you play league of legends tho :lol: now that's actually funny

the majority of his games are played on 'very high skill' which is the top tier you can get into for match making. the sense you made fell short of two pennies lad
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I was just busting his balls. All MOBA's are pretty similar, but I prefer league over the others because I feel like the skill cap is a bit higher and I feel like the competitive scene sort of enforces that.
legendary parpar

well as a league player I guess you could believe the skill cap is a bit higher than other MOBAs, but as a Dota2 player I could deny it. unfortunately for you, this cannot not be reciprocated.