Lag

Gate of Storms (GoS) is a metaserver (lobby) for Myth II Soulblighter multiplayer where you can play online with friends and strangers alike for free.
cdoug

Lag

Post by cdoug »

Hey guys, i recently upgraded my internet to even better speeds then i had befoe (10mb down 5 up) and i recently started playing myth again. however any multiplayer match i receive like a chop every few seconds for about 1 second. is their anything i can do to get rid of this problem makes multiplayer matches frustrating, and its not my computer as i have a very good pc. any ideas would be great!
punkUser

Re: Lag

Post by punkUser »

Note - it might be better to post over at Project Magma as the metaserver isn't involved (currently) in any ingame networking/lag.

That said some basic questions...
1) Is there any "lag" in single player?
2) Is there any lag when you host multiplayer?
3) If you have multiple computers available, is there any lag if you join a game (via TCP/IP) hosted on your own network?
4) What sort of internet connection do you have (DSL, Cable, Satellite, 4G/LTE)?
5) What are your results of running a http://www.pingtest.net/? Bandwidth/speed is almost irrelevant for Myth (remember, it worked fine on modems) - lag is typically due to long or inconsistent packet times or loss.
6) If you press "delete" in a game where you are getting lag, what is the range of pings you are getting in the upper right hand corner? Is it consistent or does it jump around a lot?