Less Myth, More quality - future of myth

Asmodian

Less Myth, More quality - future of myth

Post by Asmodian »

That's my suggestion for anyone who plans on hosting a future 2t tournament where captains can form their own team. Cut out all the useless matches and get the best players playing against each other more frequently.

If you aren't good enough to play on those 4 teams then play in draft tournaments or get good enough so that someone wants you. Tournaments are suppose to be competitive, so it doesn't make sense to me that tournaments should be built in order to accommodate everyone within the myth community, that's what rabble games are for.
Arsenal

Re: Less Myth, More quality - future of myth

Post by Arsenal »

Hey guys, let's further alienate half of the 50 person community who actually even still play this game! Wonderful idea!

Myth is dieing and you guys are killing it.
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

Arsenal wrote:Hey guys, let's further alienate half of the 50 person community who actually even still play this game! Wonderful idea!

Yup this was a big point of contention when I was TO before the tournament, some people just want to exclude weaker players and teams which I was massively opposed to.
par73

Re: Less Myth, More quality - future of mythi

Post by par73 »

Holy liger

It is more myth, more quality for me.

My last ten weekends consisted of 4 games against finalists, 4 against why bother showing up (great for large rosters, sometimes), and 2 bye weeks. I'd rather have ten fun weekends.

I TO'd in 2013 on an inclusionary basis, after rioting to merge thundercox and time wizards against grins rule.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

A simpler solution would be to have divisions... i.e. Div 1, Div 2.
shadow

Post by shadow »

MYTH has no future. End of the line.
tirri

Post by tirri »

myths future will be that i will build the strongest draft team ever completely dominating the tournament after which no one will want to play anymore because the pinnacle of myth has obviously been reached
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Dantski wrote:
Arsenal wrote:Hey guys, let's further alienate half of the 50 person community who actually even still play this game! Wonderful idea!

Yup this was a big point of contention when I was TO before the tournament, some people just want to exclude weaker players and teams which I was massively opposed to.
That sound all great and dandy in theory, but the reality is I had to convince Teabaggers,Underdogs and to a lesser extent ULMS to even form a team. You should sign up for a tournament because you want to play and are willing to put in the effort to have an active team, not because a TO wants you to.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

adrenaline wrote:A simpler solution would be to have divisions... i.e. Div 1, Div 2.
sure I would agree, but is there even enough teams to field a second division? It's likely that at least one Div 2 team would refuse to sign up because they don't have the opportunity to play against the top teams even though they would have no chance of beating them.
par73 wrote:Holy liger

It is more myth, more quality for me.

My last ten weekends consisted of 4 games against finalists, 4 against why bother showing up (great for large rosters, sometimes), and 2 bye weeks. I'd rather have ten fun weekends.

I TO'd in 2013 on an inclusionary basis, after rioting to merge thundercox and time wizards against grins rule.
Uhmmm was "Holy Liger" suppose to be directed at me? Because you went on to agree with pretty much everything that I said afterwards...
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

could give the div 2 champions a chance to play the div 1 champions for a winner-takes-all match.
switch

Post by switch »

The real story: Multiple back to back Shinco Trophy winner GKG is the most dominant player in myth history. So much so that NO LIVING MAN can compete with his game mastery.

MWC 2015 pitch: Can NO MAN stop GKG?
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

I didn't log in for mwc because when looking for tune up games I signed on to see 4 man Pw games more than anything. May not be a power player but I certainly could have been of use and apprecisted a bit of practice. Elitist bullshit cost you someone who has been very active since mwc 08 and longer cares to keep this community alive.
rawr

Post by rawr »

sad to say, i agree with switch, if you win a trophy with gkg, not impressive. Now who wants to fight with me in 2015 and kick gkgs ass is the question!?
shadow

Post by shadow »

rawr wrote:sad to say, i agree with switch, if you win a trophy with gkg, not impressive. Now who wants to fight with me in 2015 and kick gkgs ass is the question!?
maan, u can't defeat GKG in MYTH
u already have posttraumatic stress disorder
just let it go, srsly
par73

Post by par73 »

lets hear about ptsd from someone who grew up influenced by russian culture

l c a
Ratking

Post by Ratking »

There are few games, true. But enough to get warmed up I'm sure. You would probably fit better in the rabble games anyway honkey.

You should probably look at the challenge of beating gkg from a different angle. It seems the competition needs to do something different in order to win. What that is I don't know. My guess is top notch leadership and group of highly skilled and equally motivated players.
par73

Post by par73 »

My guess is you play on a team where your captain doesn't flake after week 1

Can't beat em, join em, right ratking?
rawr

Post by rawr »

ouch... hahaha
Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Since you brought it up ill cover the topic.

It was clear to me after week 1 that that my current team was not going to win. Too many people with opinions and no clear on the field leader/captain. Plus bros were as always undermanned and still won. One victory gmen had was me making a call to send the wolves in a gap.

Then you want to last minute dump capping duties on me with little to no help. Then people bitch, moan and complain.

The results are in. My decision was correct. Not only did we win, but I was able to play and not cap. I had a great time on a low drama team.

Lets not forget the attempts you made to troll me across fb and this site. They were also pretty weak btw. Plus you did ask me to be a double agent and provide our strats to you before the matches.

So the question of who was right or wrong is blurry isnt it?
shadow

Post by shadow »

To be honest...
I was trying to defeat GKG, gave that idea few fair attempts.
WTC was a good team, with captain. Thor was doing his best and we have many glorious moments. Good memories.
But after playing in GKG's team , after I looked behind the scene, I finally realize how FAR we was to give him hard time.

What you can say about Gents ? Pfff... nothing, disaster. They was much better on paper, but much worse on battlefield. I guess all shit start with name - Gentelmens, lol, wtf is this gay shit. Why PK step up and make a team ? Why Rawr play with Paris etc
I like my WTC bros ( Kil, Rawr, Thor ( Yeah, Thor too, no idea why he take so many shit after TWS cause we don't stand a chance after GKG take care of smo - Question was is how hard we will die)), but Gents was ...dunno how to say, - no mojo, no power.

And finally, if u look at MWC 2014, u can see waht all reasons and motivations are around GKG. And he pretty much calculate everything in this tourney.
switch

Post by switch »

It's pretty obvious to me that the serious problem with late period myth is lack of captains that can compete. With everyone having lives and jobs and girlfriends and wives and kids and shit Myth just isn't that high of a priority. I think Ratking did the right thing by bailing on the gentlemen trainwreck. Myth casual players just want to get in a game, play with some solid teammates and have a good game. Honestly, I felt Killerking did a fantastic job assembling ULMS and capping us into the DE. He has a great balance between care-factor, time commitment and integrity. Sure we weren't playing at the GKG god-care mode level and we basically made everything up on the fly. But what else are you going to do with a team that's so international, in effect that was basically two different teams.

I guess to sum up, I see really two options left for MWC teams: 1) teams that are large (14-6 players or so) to make up for time commitments, with one player acting as "manager" who handles assembling the team, scheduling and what have you, with delegation to others for actual in game captaining if they chose and 2) GKG mode, which basically means economizing (hence Asmodian's title about "more quality" which really just means only players with his level of carefactor and there aren't many of those left...) and centralizing to a point that I find untenable in a "casual" game like Myth.

A really blatant question that came out of this MWC for me was the substitute situation. Generally I think players should be allowed to sub if there's some level of agreement if it makes for "a more interesting game" or a "more competitive game". It was disappointing to see so many under staffed teams mainly because of international time zones, real life, and captains not wanting to "do everything" in the way that really only GKG and Asmodian are willing to do anymore.

As Honkey and RK pointed out, most players are only on for a few games a night maybe once or twice a week, just looking for some quick carnage. When it comes to MWC they just want a good, clean game with some high calibre play. I sure know that's what I'm looking for. Check the drama at the door.
par73

Post by par73 »

RK,
you posted before the tournament began you would have strats prepared, etc. Then week 1 you showed up with no strats.
I think you lost confidence of all players who were present besides me on that week whether you remained on gents or not.

gents pretty much lost being undermanned, yet i think everyone on gents would agree: we got far stronger the minute RK left the roster.
ironically neither of the teams original captains were present at the end, yet gents was far more dynamic than any other team in the tournament.

like i said, my guess to victory is you play on a team where your captain doesn't flake after week 1.
this seemed to churn up a cry baby, ego-maniacal, carebear intense, shit talking post out of RK although the guess was reasonably valid from my mwc experience.
Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Clearly you have either lost your grip on reality or you have conviently chosen to alter the facts to serve the purpose of covering your ass.

I'm mildly amused by this so I'll play along.

Posted I would have strats prepared? I responded to the total lack of any real preparation taking place on the team. Mind you, the decision to have me cap came at the last minute - days beofre the match was to take place.

Having no strats? Please revisit my first statement. I had strats prepared.

Lost confidence? Great topic. Clearly the feeling was mutual. I didn't have much to start but by the time the match was over I had none.

Pretty much lost undermanned? We had a player advantage 7v6. What your attempting to describe is being overmatched, not being 'undermanned'. ;)

Stronger when I left? Yes, teams always feel stronger after being handily defeated and having one of their players switch to the winning team.

More dynamic? You were in the BB by DE2.

Your guess. If I was such a shit captain and you got better after I left, why make a point of it here? THATS your guess to victory over gkg? Better luck next year. :roll:

The only cry baby, ego maniacal, carebear intense shit talking is coming from you. Personally I'm satisfied with the way things worked out and harbor no bad feelings for anyone involved, including you.
par73

Post by par73 »

It is enjoyable to see you pick apart each line of that post and see you twist it to fit your point of view.
You're making me laugh too and I don't harbor any bad feelings unlike some other members of the gents, but I have no problem telling you how it is.

People were relying on you to be prepared and the team forums looked exactly like when we logged in week one, you were talking "I didn't prepare enough, I need help". You made a qr1 strat thread in the team forums and then neglected to actually write any strategies and either ignored or read something once and posted a one line response to your teammates offering help without actually listening.

Before I was talking about being undermanned at elimination, but since you want to talk about QR 1 and being undermanned:
We had less players at the beginning of the match and you started whining about it to me in private messages "I don't feel good about this", boo hoo it's a video game. You were letting yourself slip from the moment you logged on. Ultimately we paid the price for it in the result of that match, yet soon thereafter rewarded with you leaving.

In the end we pretty much lost (that match) because of how under prepared and overwhelmed our captain was on 4 of 5 maps, which isn't a winning strategy.

You ran away with your tail tickling your vagina after week 1, but everyone on gents became united and more active after you left. Our teammates helpful strat info you asked for but ignored in week one was finally heard and we won some close games later on because of it.
Like I said, we got better after having you leave, you wouldn't have even been a starter if our full roster had shown in the DE.

Meanwhile when gents lost in the semi finals we were undermanned as I had stated. PK wasn't even playing at that point.

Still Every match gents played was close (except the 4 waste of time weeks vs garbage teams which were blow outs), and gents still had an enjoyable summer season as a team.
Meanwhile you teamed with bagrasa, lol please.
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

lol, some major bitterness showing here. i wonder why this didn't all come out 2 months ago when it actually happened.

ok so gents were better off without ratking, so shouldn't paris be thanking him for leaving then, and leave it at that? What is the point of the rest of this exactly? Oh right, bitterness.

Rat - while gents may have been stronger without you, the CHAMPIONSHIP Bros team was stronger WITH you. So thanks for accepting the offer to join our team.

As we all saw, gents didn't need any more people with their 11 man roster and Rat was holding them down as a non-starter as their team was too dynamic for him anyway. Instead rat was a starter on the CHAMPIONSHIP Bros team and had the top damage ratios in the grand finals match.

Paris and gents wanted rat gone. rat left. I wanted rat. Rat joined us. We won. Gents were just too dynamic of a team to win any important matches. and everyone is happy with the end result. I am glad this could be a win-win-win situation for all involved, we can hug it out later.

BROLOS YOLOS CHAMPIANOS
shadow

Post by shadow »

Ratking wrote:Plus you did ask me to be a double agent and provide our strats to you before the matches.
Funny, how paris ignore this. So low, so dirty. Same shit was in TWS this year.
Culmination of gent's play was in match against ULMS.
Also gents NEVER allow subs or specs ( fellows and bros always allow, - feel the difference, "gentelmens")
Gents was fail team from start to end. No glory.
Sorry, not sorry.