LIZARD KING FFA LEAGUE 2014 CHAMP

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

LIZARD KING FFA LEAGUE 2014 CHAMP

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

IN 2012 CREMISI AROSE FROM THE CARNAGE, VICTORIOUS AS FUCK.
IN 2013 PARIS BATHED IN BLOOD, AND WAS CROWNED IN TRIUMPTH ACCORDINGLY.
IN 2014, LIZARD KING EMERGED FROM THE GREAT SEA OF GORE TO CLAIM THE TITLE.
WELCOME TO STREET MYTHING AT ITS MOST SAVAGE.

GOLD MEDAL
ImageLIZARD KINGImage

SILVER MEDAL
ImageINDENTImage

BRONZE MEDAL
ImageGARRICK

GGS, HAD FUN, CYA NEXT YEAR!

As always, all scores and detailed stats can be viewed here: http://gateofstorms.net/tournaments/FFAL2014

an official • Ϩ₮ØИЄƉ ₮ЯØШ • weekly event
drunken_deer

Re: FFA LEAGUE 2014 begins SEPTEMBER 7th

Post by drunken_deer »

please change the room to Eblis stone or I am not interested
shadow

Post by shadow »

drunken_deer wrote:please change the room to Eblis stone or I am not interested
hey diva
not enough drama in your post
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

The reason ffa league is held in phelot is because the room requires accounts, which helps for auto scoring purposes and for holding players somewhat accountable for drops / suicides.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

drunken_deer wrote:please change the room to Eblis stone or I am not interested
Why would you use a guest account in a tourney? Makes no sense...
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

please change the server to playmyth.net or I am not interested.
Zak

Post by Zak »

allow me to pick undead unit trades in ffa league pack or I am NOT INTERESTED!
shadow

Post by shadow »

allow me to play with drunken in 1 team, back to back, or I am not interested !
par73

Post by par73 »

I could care less if shadow or zak play or not. Disregard their suggestions or I am not interested.
wwo

Post by wwo »

Teach my local bartender how to play or I AM NOT INTERESTED.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

host this on weeknights after 11 pm EST or I'm not interested.
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

lol @ the not interested comments
par73

Post by par73 »

if its not drunken's slugfest tournament 2014, then i am not interested
shadow

Post by shadow »

if its drunken's slugfest tournament 2014, then i am not interested
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

If its Shadow trying to ask me out on a date cause he has a secret gay crush on me, then I am not interested
shadow

Post by shadow »

drunken_deer wrote:If its Shadow trying to ask me out on a date cause he has a secret gay crush on me, then I am not interested
don't judge by yourself
I just like having fun on special kids. Yeah, that's bad.
Also
If drunken don't play in that tourney, then I am not interested.
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

I'm just not interested.

par73

Post by par73 »

start with 200 points for one division and upgrade to 300 points for two divisions with rising interest, or I am uninterested.
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Please note that the time has been changed to 10:30 PM - 1:30 AM EST/EDT on Tuesdays.

I realize this is a bit more difficult for euros but the exigencies of my fall schedule have necessitated the change.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

WORKS FOR ME! or I'm not interested.
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

12:30am Wednesday, guess i'm not interested
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

No, its at 23:00 EST/EDT on Tuesday. That's either 11:30 or 13:30 for you depending on where in Australia your are located.

And if can't accept that I am not interested in your not being interested then I am NOT INTERESTED.
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Also please report any problems with the current version of the ffa league map pack in this thread.

There are some unresolved issues documented in last years thread too, zak, if you could take a look.
Funk

Post by Funk »

Mb somebody could host another division for euros like last year ?
par73

Post by par73 »

If 9-12 est is good for euros I could host it on a day Tuesday through saturday
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

We tried the conference system last year and it did not work well. My concern is that we split the already small available player pool & also end up with uneven conferences allowing people in one conference to rack up points easier. I feel like the current game time is late enough that committed euros could get up and get a few games in before work, no?
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

lol 3.30am

and I was thinking of playing!
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

I really do feel bad that Funk, who has been an FFA League stalwart, and Par, last year's champion, won't be able to make the current day/time (Dantski will always be my KOMANDANTSKI but I have be doubts about his professed interest in playing myth anymore).

I was thinking about a possible conference system some more and it occurred to me that the problem of uneven conferences could be resolved by keeping their scores separate, naming an Atlantic and Pacific conference champion, and then assembling the top 6 players or so from each conference for one more week of FFA League, probably on a weekend afternoon (EST), in order to determine the FFA League champion (this would be the playoffs, if you will).

The problem of diluting the player pool remains, and this problem is accentuated by what I see as a steep decline in European mything. Other than Funk and killerking, are there any more active euros at all? Chickenwire dominated the first few weeks of FFA League 2012, then disapeared forever. Tirri whined about the day/time and then never showed up when it was changed for him, etc. Meanwhile, West Coast mythers, such as Asmo, Rawr, LK, and so on, are among the most active. So how about this: if at least 5 people post in this thread expressing interest in a Euro-time friendly Atlantic conference, then I will create such a conference (likely hosted by par or Funk).

For now, however, FFA League stands as is.
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Also I would like to point out that, under the current day/time, anyone in Western Europe could wake up at 6 am and get an hour and a half of games in before heading to work. The current time is also relatively good for Australians and Japs, for whom it occurs around mid day.
rawr

Post by rawr »

Start this sooner, myth needs it
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

rawr wrote:Start this sooner, myth needs it
I'm flattered but I'm going backpacking and playing in a streetball tournament among other summery things... besides August is traditionally the time for a 2t MWC "afterparty" of sorts. Don't worry FFA League is only a few weeks away.
par73

Post by par73 »

It wasn't always a 2t after party and some times there is no party. Besides stop pretending myth is a priority in comparison to activities like hiking and streetball. :)

I might just have to play at work, but I'm not sure if the deal is sweet enough.
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Re: FFA LEAGUE 2014 begins SEPTEMBER 2nd

Whirlpools of gore and delight tonight, and a decent turnout. Bruce Campbell came out on top with 32 points. You can see stats and scores here: http://gateofstorms.net/tournaments/FFAL2014. GGs, until next week.
Pogue

Re: FFA LEAGUE 2014 is now in session

Post by Pogue »

What the hell, I don't get any points for all those 2nd and 3rd place finishes? :x

LOL @ Asmo's stats.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Pogue wrote:What the hell, I don't get any points for all those 2nd and 3rd place finishes? :x
Blame Milk it's his scoring system! :P
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Oh... didn't realize this had started already. Will attempt to show up next week for a few games, perhaps.
switch

Post by switch »

really looking forward to this week's matches.
starts at 7:30 pm pst. #projectedulus, newskin, cremisi, bruce campbell, pogue, Genghis, kirk, asmodian, PK, Samuel, paris, elfoid, milkman &c
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

7:30 pst is too late for me on a weekday being an east coaster, any chance of doing it a bit earlier? Would love to show up and throw some weight around, been a while since we've had any decent ffa's.
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Yo LK. Sorry man I'm an east coaster too (coulda sworn you lived out west though) but its the only time I can do this. Keep in mind you don't have to stay for all 3 hours though, you can just play for an hour or so, get your points and take off to bed if you need to.
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Fun games today dudes. Valentine game out on top for the week with 36 points and also claimed the top spot with a total of 55. Cya next week!
par73

Post by par73 »

Website says you came out on top with 51 points.
http://gateofstorms.net/tournaments/FFAL2014/rounds/374
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Yes, just as in the past two years I am not included in the standings due to my position as host and organizer. The only reason you're seeing my score is because we're autoscoring this year, whereas I used to do it manually. I actually asked punk to take me out of the points system altogether and he said something along the lines of "it's complicated to implement and surely mythers aren't stupid enough to care, just tell them to ignore your score."
par73

Post by par73 »

sounds pretty stupid to not include yourself in the standings, however it is your own decision. I'm confused as to if you're playing to win or not? Technically, all of your solo-wins are just games which extend the league by preventing the actual placing participants from getting points.
in the past two years you wouldn't have even been close to qualifying, whereas this year the pool of talent is so diluted you're a front runner to be champion of your own league.

Also, since it's a ffa tournament that you're participating in but not placing, we can just give the nod to the term 'grim-riggery'.

very 'unfair' but then again who gives a shit, it's not like anyone considered this ffa league a reasonable or fair competition in the first place.
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

How you can claim to know where I would or would not have placed in past years, given that I never included my own scores in the standings, is beyond me. The best I can do is assure you that I do indeed play to win regardless of my exclusion from the standings. I find playing ffas to win to be innately pleasurable and do not need extrinsic motivations to do so. Stop being a douche.
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

People who still find myth fun to play can be considered suspicious and possibly dangerous, approach with care.
par73

Post by par73 »

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ wrote:How you can claim to know where I would or would not have placed in past years, given that I never included my own scores in the standings, is beyond me. The best I can do is assure you that I do indeed play to win regardless of my exclusion from the standings. I find playing ffas to win to be innately pleasurable and do not need extrinsic motivations to do so. Stop being a douche.

after some thought, I was going to come and edit my post and say "despite being critical of your choices, I applause and thank you for hosting the league" instead i will leave you with a lovely post because i actually had fun last night

lets take last year for example

milk man, 90 points, 12 wins, 90 losses
http://gateofstorms.net/tournaments/FFA2013

pretty funny how in this year's league you already have 11 wins in just two weeks.

chances are how you did in those first two years wouldn't have mattered in regards to the standings, whereas this year you're a true contender and in first place. You should pat yourself on the back.

If anything, you're doing your job as a host making the extrinsic goals related to the cut off of your event that much more difficult to achieve for your guests (as you have every other year). and for that, i applaud and thank thee. I'm happy to play some games with a few familiar faces, even though it'd be better if there were more, the level of chaos would probably remain the same or could even escalate. The joys of ffa

You really shouldn't be upset with your 'rig-o-nomics', they aren't upsetting anyone you name calling nancy. the least you could have done was acknowledge said riggery exists by simply how you are approaching the format, rather than asserting your motivation behind playing free for all games whether they are played in your league or not.
Dantski wrote:care.
par73

Post by par73 »

He's just a modern day bitter betsy