this login isn't working

Gate of Storms (GoS) is a metaserver (lobby) for Myth II Soulblighter multiplayer where you can play online with friends and strangers alike for free.
wywrd|in

this login isn't working

Post by wywrd|in »

I saw that "|badrenaline" worked for him, so I did this one, yet it's telling me login/pw is incorrect.
Pyro

Re: this login isn't working

Post by Pyro »

You can add formatting to your login even if that was not included when you registered. Since the system strips the formatting characters out of a login to get the actual login, anyone who registers with that formatting will not have a working login. So "|badrenaline" is the same as "adrenaline".
wywrd|in

Post by wywrd|in »

well crap! thanks.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

I can rename you here to remove the formatting if you want... just let me know (via reply or PM).
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

He just made a new account, so I guess you could delete the one that did not work.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Ah ok. No harm, I'll leave it for now.
wwo

Post by wwo »

That might be handy, the ability to delete your own account.

I'm pretending that the server population is huge and that the admins are too busy to not give overwhelmingly nice and personal service. I almost feel guilty for making a flawed login that must now be put to pasture.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Yeah I'm not sure phpbb has a way to expose that. In any case there's not really a big harm in accounts that never get used... we have a lot of those already even without dummies ;)

Last bumped by Anonymous on 25 Jun 2018, 23:52.