Mazz challange plugin

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Flick42

Mazz challange plugin

Post by Flick42 »

Hello, fellow mythers!

After playing mazz for many years, I have decided that it is time for me to contribute in it by myself. So now Im working on Mazz challange plugin, which, by means of changing initial unit sets, will allow making sugnificant changes in gameplay without drastically changing script itself. Ive been working with it for some time now, and now I upload beta-version for everyone to download and play. Plugin includes several meshes with various initial unit sets, balanced to be interesting and challanging to play. It also includes new units and spells.

Mesh list:
Going solo - you are given sinlge unit - Mazzarin and almost unlimited amount of crystals
Illusion - mesh for 2 players with two Mazzarin units (Mazz himself and his illusion) and also, tons of crystals
Best buds - Mazzarin and Paladin with lots artifacts
Pets - regular mesh with several dark units at your disposal (black dragon, marilith, beholder)
4 melees - you are given Mazz, Pal, heron and zerk, as well as some crystals
Max melee - 2 Mazzarins, 3 Paladins, 2 FGs, herons and zerks, as well as some stuff for Mazz and Pal
Dorf riot - all arty replaced with dorfs
Ranged - all arty replaced with 3 ranges with full sets of celest bows
Egoistic - mesh designed to be played in separate groups (dont come too close to each other or you will regret it!)

There still is a lot of work to do, and all these meshes need a lot of testing.
Beta version may be downloaded here: http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... 20Uploads/
At this point, I will appreciate any opinions/comments/ideas about plugin, so make sure you post here if you download it.

GL&HF!
Demolition

Re: Mazz challange plugin

Post by Demolition »

Sounds fun! I'll start giving it a few tries! Thanks for the hard work!
Hadzenegger

Post by Hadzenegger »

sounds sexi flick
Flick42

Post by Flick42 »

Hello again, Im reporting progress on plugin.

Most of meshes are stable and almost finished now and I would be happy with any feedback on how it feels to play all of those.

Lately Ive been working with one particular mesh, called "Ultrahadrcore" that is meant to be an ultimate challange for a team to beat it. Some people might not be very happy that at this point, game becomes not noob friendly at all, but hey, that is the reason it is a separate mesh. Main mesh changes are listed below:

- additional bosses;
- mini boss waves with brand new unique bosses at approximate time marks of 0h30m, 1h0m and 1h30m (be aware!);
- increased difficulty of The Watcher fight;
- new spells and artifacts;
- Mazzarin Illusion ally unit to balance hardness of it all.

Mesh requires a lot of testing. Due to lack of time I might not be able to play it at all, and the most important thing for me to continue work is to see how all these changes affect gameplay and how playes going to react to new boss waves. So if you play it, please sent me the film afterwards (doesnt matter if you lose or win). Please sent films to my mail: qwop557@gmail.com

Plugin may be downloaded here:
http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... %20b16.zip

It does not reauire any patching now, just unzip it in your plugin folder (would require rc10a mazz to work).
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

The Mazz All-Star team will be assembling to beat this Ultra Hardcore mesh next weekend. Stand by for further details on a more specific day and time, probably early afternoon though either Sat. and/or Sun. Reply if interested and can show.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

B16 is newest? dling now.
bainst

Post by bainst »

I have not played the plugin, yet, but does it have any sort of time modification feature? Or a mesh that takes something closer to an hour to complete rather than three?

The description of the new unit selections sounds fun/useful. I like the single player option.
Flick42

Post by Flick42 »

bainst wrote:I have not played the plugin, yet, but does it have any sort of time modification feature? Or a mesh that takes something closer to an hour to complete rather than three?
No, time of the game is not changed. Game time is controlled by enemy spawns and in order to change it you basically have to change whole game script. In very distant future i might get my hands on something like short mazz version though.
Giant Killer General

A Mazz All-star game will be starting in 2 hours, at 3 pm EST today. We will be playing Flick's ultra-hardcore version on legendary, which has not been beaten yet. This can be found here for download:

http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... 20Uploads/

Choose b18, the most recent version.

The team today will consist at least of the following core players:

GKG
Dac
Flick
Arzenic

Please spread the word for any other mazz pro players to join. This will be a private game, mazz pros only.
Flick42

Post by Flick42 »

After long break, I made some updates on plugin:
- Healing aura rebalanced for Illusion and Going Solo meshes
For Ultrahardcore mesh:
- 2nd mazz removed (he made it wayy too easy to win)
- mini bosses updated, they are 'smarter' and stronger now
- fixed some bugs
- try vetting enslaved dragon to 250+ now
Download here (b21): http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... 20Uploads/
Giant Killer General

We will likely be trying to organize a good group for the new and improved difficulty of the ultrahardcore mesh.

Group will include, when available:
-myself
-dac
-flick
-arz

maybe asmo, crun, and whoever else might be interested and can show.

Look for us on Saturday mornings around 11 am eastern time
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I'm in to play if I'm free, but I only have time late nights.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Giant Killer General wrote:We will likely be trying to organize a good group for the new and improved difficulty of the ultrahardcore mesh.

Group will include, when available:
-myself
-dac
-flick
-arz

maybe asmo, crun, and whoever else might be interested and can show.

Look for us on Saturday mornings around 11 am eastern time
I'll inform Cruniac