Myth PROTOTYPE Action Figures (made in 2010)

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Renwood

Myth PROTOTYPE Action Figures (made in 2010)

Post by Renwood »

Yay, back in 2010 when nobody had a 3D printer and I had to work with a rapid prototyping design firm to get these produced!
In a machine the size of a huge refrigerator that costs $250,000
If you give a rats ass, donate with paypal @ Digitalpeaches@yahoo.com to get these bad boys PAINTED, by Blue Table Painting http://www.bluetablepaintingstore.com/
wwo

Re: Myth PROTOTYPE Action Figures (made in 2010)

Post by wwo »

I'm sorry. There's no detail on those models, and no reason to pay anyone to paint them. 99% of wargame minis are painted using just 2 techniques, drybrushing and inking, both of which rely on detailed textures on the minis. If you're paying to have these pieces of crap painted, you're better off finding someone versed in 2d paint techniques.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

They are exactly as detailed on 3D as the myth models themselves. They are lacking the 2D textures, that give the impression of depth. They are not meant to be as detailed as a table top wargaming piece like a warhammer or D&D figure. Think of action figures, you know...like in "Toys R Us" that cost like $8.....did you even click on the link to blue table painting? I dout it, or you might not have even posted anything negative.

We do have higher res versions of some guys in 3D models made in Maya. As you might have seen on these forums, like the Wight and Stygian or thrall and souless. But no way in hell am I able to have extra money these days to pay to have them 3D printed, shipped to me, then shipped to be painted and then shipped back to me.

Always Mr. Negative WWO. What happned to the wwo circa 1999 that was chill and a fun filled guy?

I get your point about 2D skills, but It seems somebody with that background would not have any history or experience in painting miniatures.
That seems not to be a good trade off. If you have any links to the kinda skilled person you have in mind, post away I'll check em out.
Kashmir

Post by Kashmir »

Paint them yourself. Why are you always fishing for money for crap? Get a job.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Its that kind of attitude that is why myth has only 100 people left in the entire world that even play this game. Hey fuckhead Kashmir, I already spent a fucktonne on myth stuff. Not spending another dime. K thanks.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Uhh, maybe I missed the part where you explained why anyone cares if you get these painted? What does anyone besides you get out of it?
wwo

Post by wwo »

Renwood wrote:They are exactly as detailed on 3D as the myth models themselves. They are lacking the 2D textures, that give the impression of depth. They are not meant to be as detailed as a table top wargaming piece like a warhammer or D&D figure. Think of action figures, you know...like in "Toys R Us" that cost like $8.....did you even click on the link to blue table painting? I dout it, or you might not have even posted anything negative.

We do have higher res versions of some guys in 3D models made in Maya. As you might have seen on these forums, like the Wight and Stygian or thrall and souless. But no way in hell am I able to have extra money these days to pay to have them 3D printed, shipped to me, then shipped to be painted and then shipped back to me.

Always Mr. Negative WWO. What happned to the wwo circa 1999 that was chill and a fun filled guy?

I get your point about 2D skills, but It seems somebody with that background would not have any history or experience in painting miniatures.
That seems not to be a good trade off. If you have any links to the kinda skilled person you have in mind, post away I'll check em out.
Of course I checked the link; my entire post was about why them painting it was pointless. Do you ever comprehend what you read? I doubt it, or you might not have even posted anything clueless.

I've painted miniatures for money before. If you had ones that were worth it, I would've done it for free. Like we've both said, though, there's no detail on these worth the expense of someone thus skilled.

If these were mine, I'd see if any of my tattooist buddies also branched out into airbrush art.
SamTheButcher

Post by SamTheButcher »

What about finding someone with a 3D printer to make some new ones? 3D printer arent very expensive. I am sure there are plenty of people with them that would print them for you at a reasonable price. Have new ones done with more detail. Then get those painted.

First result on a search I did.
http://www.makerbot.com/

For Sale on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Indu ... 6066127011

I'm sure there a plenty of people you could get to make some new ones. 3D printers are fairly common now. It wont be long until a majority of people have 3D printers. The ones you have are cool but they dont have much detail.

What do you want to do with the action figures anyway?
par73

Post by par73 »

Kashmir wrote:Paint them yourself. Why are you always fishing for money for crap? Get a job.
Kashmir

Post by Kashmir »

Maybe you should do a Kickstarter and post some videos explaining nothing, you might also include those two guys who look like meth addicts... All bullshit aside though... Why are you always fishing for money for crap? punkUser has a valid inquiry.
par73

Post by par73 »

Because he wants money for things he's interested in. Why else would someone fish for money?
Kashmir

Post by Kashmir »

Most people spend their own money on things they're interested in. Most people acquire money through employment or by providing services sought after by others who are willing to pay for said services.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Well if that's the case, I want money for stuff I'm interested in too :)
par73

Post by par73 »

Sadly I'm not interested in these figurines :D
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I can't believe this thread is real, this is absolutely hilarious. Can someone send me some money so I can go get the baconator from Wendy's? I'm interested in that.

I have spent much money on fast food already. I am not willing to spend another dime.
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

If your myth figures look like the stuff I usually buy from for example here http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/ Then I would be interested

The myth soulblighter figure I painted was from RAL Partha, a very famous and old company that produces pretty much all the games workshop/warhammer stuff now. ral partha info is here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ral_Partha_Enterprises

Basicly games workshop used to use a lot of 3rd party minatures such as Grenadier and more notably CITADEL (read the boxes). and basically swallowed them up one by one when they started making big dollars.
Thats why you are now seeing a huge backlash in tabletop gamer steering away from Warhammer products because they are cheap plastic products, poorly made and are overpriced to other products like I listed above, and is the reason for Games workshop introducing series like Forge world.

Anyway some educational info for those who like miniatures, if not then you can choke on my enormous phallus.
zagon667

Post by zagon667 »

Asmodian wrote:I can't believe this thread is real, this is absolutely hilarious. Can someone send me some money so I can go get the baconator from Wendy's? I'm interested in that.

I have spent much money on fast food already. I am not willing to spend another dime.
Fatty.
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

punkUser wrote:Uhh, maybe I missed the part where you explained why anyone cares if you get these painted? What does anyone besides you get out of it?
I have mentioned many times over the last few years they could be prizes for MWC or other tournys.
They would get the ones they had painted mailed to them, after photoshoots of the end results were completed.

To think others might be interested to...HELP, with some myth related items is maybe far too optimistic of me to hope for from such a negative bunch of ego maniacs. :D
Kashmir

Post by Kashmir »

Renwood wrote:
punkUser wrote:Uhh, maybe I missed the part where you explained why anyone cares if you get these painted? What does anyone besides you get out of it?
I have mentioned many times over the last few years they could be prizes for MWC or other tournys.
They would get the ones they had painted mailed to them, after photoshoots of the end results were completed.

To think others might be interested to...HELP, with some myth related items is maybe far too optimistic of me to hope for from such a negative bunch of ego maniacs. :D
LOL, I actually have nothing else for that, aside from the obvious... Are you mentally retarded?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Renwood wrote:I have mentioned many times over the last few years they could be prizes for MWC or other tournys.
IF your intention was to ask for donations to paint figures which you intend to donate as prizes for tournaments, or if you are offering to give the figures away to anyone who pays to have them painted, you really need to work on your communication skills. You didn't say ANYTHING about donating them as tournament prizes or giving them to people who pay to have them painted all you said was (links to payment and painter deleted) "If you give a rat's ass. donate to get these bad boys PAINTED..."

For you to be surprised that no one gives a rat's ass whether your figures get painted or not demonstrates that either don't really realize what you said, or you have the most overblown sense of entitlement I've ever seen. (Note: The two options are not mutually exclusive, both could be true)

While we are on the topic of accurate communication, you call these 'prototype action figures' and later explain 'Think of action figures, you know...like in "Toys R Us" that cost like $8'. These are NOT action figures. "Action figures" are called "Action" figures because they have moving parts. When you buy an $8 action figure at Toys R Us you can move the arms and legs and turn the head, you can pose the figures. These figures of yours do not have any moving parts, so they are not "action figures". They might be prototypes of "action figures", but they aren't action figures. IF you are interested in being truthful in your advertising (not a bet I would take), you should stop calling them "action figures".
Renwood wrote:To think others might be interested to...HELP, with some myth related items is maybe far too optimistic of me to hope for from such a negative bunch of ego maniacs.
People help each other with Myth related stuff all the time. Your problem is that your very narrow definition of help seems to be limited to either "send me money" or "work for free on a project I am going to make money on". Unless your sense of entitlement is even huger than your ego, it should come as no great surprise that other Mythers don't have any interest in giving money to you.

Ps. YOU calling people a bunch of 'ego maniacs' is priceless.
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

vinylrake wrote:
Renwood wrote:I have mentioned many times over the last few years they could be prizes for MWC or other tournys.
IF your intention was to ask for donations to paint figures which you intend to donate as prizes for tournaments, or if you are offering to give the figures away to anyone who pays to have them painted, you really need to work on your communication skills. You didn't say ANYTHING about donating them as tournament prizes or giving them to people who pay to have them painted all you said was (links to payment and painter deleted) "If you give a rat's ass. donate to get these bad boys PAINTED..."

For you to be surprised that no one gives a rat's ass whether your figures get painted or not demonstrates that either don't really realize what you said, or you have the most overblown sense of entitlement I've ever seen. (Note: The two options are not mutually exclusive, both could be true)

While we are on the topic of accurate communication, you call these 'prototype action figures' and later explain 'Think of action figures, you know...like in "Toys R Us" that cost like $8'. These are NOT action figures. "Action figures" are called "Action" figures because they have moving parts. When you buy an $8 action figure at Toys R Us you can move the arms and legs and turn the head, you can pose the figures. These figures of yours do not have any moving parts, so they are not "action figures". They might be prototypes of "action figures", but they aren't action figures. IF you are interested in being truthful in your advertising (not a bet I would take), you should stop calling them "action figures".
Renwood wrote:To think others might be interested to...HELP, with some myth related items is maybe far too optimistic of me to hope for from such a negative bunch of ego maniacs.
People help each other with Myth related stuff all the time. Your problem is that your very narrow definition of help seems to be limited to either "send me money" or "work for free on a project I am going to make money on". Unless your sense of entitlement is even huger than your ego, it should come as no great surprise that other Mythers don't have any interest in giving money to you.

Ps. YOU calling people a bunch of 'ego maniacs' is priceless.
you saw my Soulblighter model, maybe you can donate them to me for future tournaments? I have after all now held my own tournament and helped facilitate MWC in 2010 with Liger. Just remember what I said, the details on your figures seems to be smoothed off like the heads for example so highlighting features such as the tips of the beard on the dwarves, the sheen on a blade and buffing out leather effects are a lot harder to do.
Comparison, see how plastic and smooth the surfaces are in comparison to the soul-blighter figure with its distinct armbands and hair.

Edit: I should also mention, my uncle make miniatures lead ones using his sisters trophy making centrifuge. If you wanted I could get my uncle to put these into proper molds and spun around into lead cast, maybe even with a bit more detail my uncle could carve in.
Codex

Post by Codex »

That sounds like a good suggestion Drunken. My honest opinion is that I think Renwood's intentions are good (some of his ideas are really great), it just appears to some people that he is going about them in the wrong way. Still, people make mistakes often but its worth trying to find a solution which everyone benefits from like a win-win situation instead of giving him too much criticism which can be more destructive than it is helpful. You never know, one day there might even be a Myth IV but it has to start somewhere.
wwo

Post by wwo »

Nothing should be done with these. They're terrible. A high school art student could sculpt better figures in less than an hour apiece, and make them to relative scale to boot.

This topic needs to fucking die.
par73

Post by par73 »

But sometimes when I'm sleeping
She comes to me in my dreams
Is she taken? Is she mine?
Let me take you by the hand
to promise land
and threaten everyone
coz there's no rhyme
or no reason
for nothing