Asmodian

Re: The Trading Thread

Post by Asmodian »

Trades are not allowed.
Zak

Post by Zak »

Asmodian wrote:Trades are not allowed.
Why not? If it means the difference in somebody playing or not, trading would be a good thing for this tournament.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

tournament balanced is ruined when trades are made as it showed last draft tournament. There is no point in doing a draft if you are going to modify the rosters afterward.

If someone has too fragile of an ego that they are not willing to play with another player then they should have not signed up for a tournament where they have little to no control over what team and players they team with.
Zak

Post by Zak »

Asmodian wrote:tournament balanced is ruined when trades are made as it showed last draft tournament. There is no point in doing a draft if you are going to modify the rosters afterward.

If someone has too fragile of an ego that they are not willing to play with another player then they should have not signed up for a tournament where they have little to no control over what team and players they team with.
Not really, since the team that won the tournament didn't trade anybody, and the other finalist did a trade that hurt them more than it helped. The biggest impact on tournament balance is the actual draft itself, and clearly 2 of these 4 teams have worse rosters on paper. Don't act like the tournament teams are all equal right now.

Furthermore, player trades add to the fun of the tournament, and captains should know better than to make trades that are going to help their opponents.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

You are wrong.

GKG's team traded PK away for Myrk which I was forced to do since Myrk refused to play with drunken. Also Dantski's trades did help his team.

I found the trades and subs to make the tournament very unenjoyable as others did that I talked with.

3 of these teams are pretty equal, the 4th one it is their captains fault. He was not forced to choose the players unlike what happens in trades.

Anyways I'm not allowing trades so there is really no more discussion to be had. If you want to host a 2t tournament where you can make your own teams by all means go ahead.

Edit: Now that Honkey mentioned that it is the 2nd time it happened with Drunken it actually helped me remember that this is the 3rd time. In my first draft tournament he left GKG's team because he refused to play with Cruniac. He has literally thrown a fit in every draft tournament.
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

If this is in response to drunkens whining he shouldn't have signed up. I wouldn't trade anyone even if it was allowed. Don't sign up for a draft tournament unless you are willing to play with players you don't like. Well put asmo.
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

In fact on second glance it seems to be the same player that had the issue both times. I would never reward acting like that by giving in to that kinda bs.
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Honkey wrote:If this is in response to drunkens whining he shouldn't have signed up. I wouldn't trade anyone even if it was allowed. Don't sign up for a draft tournament unless you are willing to play with players you don't like. Well put asmo.
actually in this case I was happy to work with myrk. It was myrk with the issue not me.
Zak

Post by Zak »

I think the greatest thing about the first draft tournament was GKG trading drunken. It happened mid match, then the very next game drunken flags GKG on lichen. Then GKG/drunken meet again in the finals and he flags GKG again, drunken's team winning the match by 1 game! Why would anyone complain about such a glorious comeback by an underrated player like drunken irishman, who was the MVP of that tournament? That never could have happened if trading had been banned like it is in this tournament.
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

You and I had strongly disliked each other for a few years, 1 of us leaving was logical.
Now me and Falcon are on the same team. LOL
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Myrk wrote:You and I had strongly disliked each other for a few years, 1 of us leaving was logical.
Now me and Falcon are on the same team. LOL
yea its true , but at the same time I wanted you on my team for mwc with flatline. Flatline said not to piss you off so I was really trying to be nice and then mutual resprect grew I guess you could say in a sense (even though you both ran away at the thaught of being on a team captained by me LOL).
pallidice

Post by pallidice »

ill have to agree with asmo on this. NO TRADING. Its like the sub system. It just creates havoc