Myth Money Match Registration

General MWC related discussion stuff.
Cutard

Myth Money Match Registration

Post by Cutard »

We need to get a player pool going to see if it is worth taking the next step forward so please post in here if you are completely committed to playing, it will be $15 per player. Do not sign up other people, they have to post here to get into the player pool. The match will not take place until the designated moneyholder gets the total amount required per team. When you hand in your money that will essentially be your signature on the contract to delegate all final rulings to the moneyholder. I think wwo was up for the job and no one had any objections?

I'm only really interested in doing this if it's at least a 6v6, if it looks to be less and someone else wants to take the reigns for smaller games then that is perfectly OK with me.

After this if we get enough people then there will be a new thread to register a team from the player pool, as well as getting 7 maps down and agreed upon. After that it is scheduling and coming to a conclusion on any lingering questions about rules, then finally the team captains hand the money in.

Players Registered:
Cu
Adren
Asmo
Homer
Liger
wwo
Paris
Tirri
Captain
Honkey
East Wind ~TN~
browning
Professional Killer
Genghis
adrenaline

Re: Myth Money Match Registration

Post by adrenaline »

count me in... this mwc left me quite unsatisfied.

p.s. how we gonna decide on teams? kickball? random?
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

Oh good question. I was going with having everyone just pick their teams, but if people feel strongly about one option we can do that. I realize that people may be apprehensive about throwing their money in if 1 team looks like its super stacked, so we'll deal with that if its an issue.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I think kickball would make for the most evenly balanced teams, and potentially the most competitive games... that's really what we are all looking for, right?

It would also make more sense considering the fact that with pre-made teams, there is the chance that one team may show up with 7 and the other with 5... what do you do in that situation? it would be unfair for the team of 7 to have to give up a player to balance it out, when said player had agreed to play for said team and had already paid his dues. I dunno.. could say more, but that's enough for now.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I'm in. If we are going to do kickball teams I would still participate, but I would not be willing to do a high $ amount to pay-in to play. If we get to choose our own teams I would be willing to put more money on the line.

I am fine with whatever way is decided.
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

I think keeping it conservative at $15 for the first match is a good idea. If this is a grand success then that certainly argues for having a bigger pot next time.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

too many inherent problems with pre-made teams...

-attendance
-unbalanced teams in terms of #s
-unbalanced teams in terms of skill

I think the ultimate goal here should be to promote competition... hopefully the $$ and promise of good, evenly matched games will be enough to bring some good players out of the woodwork to participate.

I mean... imagine we had a $10,000 grand prize for MWC, and the ability to get that news out to past players... I'm sure that would be enough incentive to have them pick up the game again, and get good enough to compete. I'd like to hope these money matches will work in a similar fashion, albeit on a much smaller scale.

Sure there are enough active players left to get some good 7v7s, but it would be good to get some inactives interested in this too.. like cave, cw, zer, etc etc who never check these forums. Could even go beyond that and send out an invite to older inactives... I'm sure I have several in my email contacts, and it is likely others have some too.

Would be cool to get word out to ppl like the -n- guys (garrick, bk, neo, etc), inactive Npers (xel, trix, sb, etc), mb kil or someone has some old aesir contacts... I dunno.

If this is done well, it could do wonders for competitive myth... maybe we will see a MWC2014 afterall!
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

Attendance shouldn't be an issue considering they'd just be throwing money away. Anyway, this registration is open until Friday.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I notice you aren't registered yourself... do you not intend on playing, Cu??

And when do you plan on starting this? I am hoping it's not this weekend :( I encourage u to explore weeknights as an option! Of course, this depends on Euro/Aussie participation... but weeknights are generally pretty decent for N.A. players, I'd think.

Also, getting a subforum may be a good idea before this thread gets lost in gen. discussion.

When you say attendance ends Friday... do you mean for the FIRST match? Do you intend for this to be an ongoing thing? cause that would be kinda cool.
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

No, i'm in as long as we get a moneyholder who takes charge, otherwise its obviously unethical. Extremely unlikely it'll be this weekend. Ideally both teams would have a week to prepare strats, so they'd have priv forums here or we can point them to places where they could make one.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

talk to punkUser about that... I think he's a good candidate for moneyholder.
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

Wwo seemed open to it and to neutral host, otherwise punkuser would be great too. Wwo could then play and be a likely captain. All discussion is here by the way- I have no idea how to private message and I like to keep an open channel like Obama.
Homer

Post by Homer »

I'm in.
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

33.3, repeating of course, percent of the way there.
frozenfire

Post by frozenfire »

count liger in
wwo

Post by wwo »

I'm down. Would be good as a monthly event.
tirri

Post by tirri »

Fuck you cu, im in
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

cu,adren,liger and tirri you should all sign up for my draft tournament so you guys are not rusty and don't get rape dayed in the money match!

http://forum.gateofstorms.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1342

just 3-4 weeks depending if you make the finals, so it's not a major commitment. All the matches last year were 7vs7 with minimal subs. Really good matches.
par73

Post by par73 »

I'm in I'd put down 15 bucks to win some myth.

Do we double Profit of our wager upon winning? Like winners get 30 bucks, rite?

Coz if someone throws in 10 and wins, they should just get 20 and the money holder should get the extra 5 for being so fair with the money.
dac

Post by dac »

par73 wrote:I'm in I'd put down 15 bucks to win some myth.

Coz if someone throws in 10 and wins, they should just get 20 and the money holder should get the extra 5 for being so fair with the money.
math definitely not making sense
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

I'd be in if anyone wants me on their team. Didnt play very well in Mwc but I have the money!
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

Almost 100% sure we'll be doing kickball, adren convinced me of its virtues. That is unless of course there is a group of players who really want to team together, and there's a group that really wants to take them on.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I'm actually having second thoughts, Cu :D I can already picture a team I'd like to put together, and it would be interesting to see who'd form a team to step up and challenge...
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

Well i'm sticking with kickball unless we have two partial teams ready and they fill the rest of the spots with stragglers. I don't want people dropping out because they think they'll just get smashed by a stacked team. You can certainly form your team though and issue an open challenge to see who bites.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

probably best to do kickball for the first one to garner interest. After that I''ll throw a team together to smash Adren and his goonies.
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

Well if you have two solid teams playing each other for money that'll generate interest :O
par73

Post by par73 »

dac wrote:
par73 wrote:I'm in I'd put down 15 bucks to win some myth.

math definitely not making sense

ok so say the main wager is 15

if i win i get 30 right? there's another players money that I won.

what i was talking about was a scenario, where say, 13 players put down 15 bucks and one player puts down 10 (for whatever reason).

if someone signs up with 10 bucks, and all players on the opposing team put in 15; im saying they should only get 20 for wagering 10, and the 5 extra should go to the money holder.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

there would not be 5 extra in that situation
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

Lets keep it simple the first time and just have it as a $15 buy in per player. How you want to redistribute the prize money you do happen to win is up to your team.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Cutard wrote:Well if you have two solid teams playing each other for money that'll generate interest :O
"IF you have two solid teams"

These people listed have already committed, the other players that Adren may have in his mind could just be wishful thinking. I have not seen Shaister sign up, wasn't he one of the people who thought up this idea?

Edit: Also for the first kickball one we do I say we choose the two best players to be the people who choose the teams [does not mean they have to captain it].
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

Well nobody has really committed to anything until they send the money in, which is the very last thing done before the match is played.

Regardless, i'm not having one super team lay its dick on the table and everyone run away because they rightfully fear they'll just be throwing money away for a miserable match. If someone (adren) wants to offer a team for everyone to play and there's a good response to forming a team to counter it then that's great, otherwise we're going to kickball. Why do you feel it's better to have the two best players pick as opposed to pre-selected captains?

This is my idea, shai says he's likely to sign up but he has to post here.
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

By the way, how the handling of the prize money goes is this: One person from each team gives the money holder $105 or $90 depending on 7 or 6 players, the match does not happen unless each team puts in what amounts to $15 per player. After a team wins the best of 7 then the money holder gives all of the pot to the winning team captain who is responsible for distributing it back to his players.

Clearly this depends on each team selecting a reliable individual to handle the money. If you see any problems with this or have any ideas on how to handle it differently please comment.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

If it's kickball, I'd rather see 2 competent captains delegated to the role of choosing teams... but ideally those 2 captains would be relatively equal in terms of ability themselves.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

sorry ew, whites only.
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

sorry dren CANADIAN DOLLARS ARENT ALLOWED
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

i can exchange currency, you can not exchange ethnicity. kekekekeke
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

Maps/gametypes I was thinking of as possibilities: desert/trow terries/fr, caer light ctf, acts fr, fos stamp, grilling grounds ctf, trow nut koth, lichen ctf/fr, krak stamp, clash fr, barb dark lmoth.

We'd only do 1 ctf map. With ctf there is a risk of a tie so if it ends up being 3-3 we'd e-flip a coin and winning team picks a map from an extended list. Open to more map/gametype suggestions, I wanted to stick with MWC classics. I don't think we'll be doing allies because I can see it being a clusterfuck, but for some reason I really want to see RiP allies lmoth or terries.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

sound like pretty decent picks... not a big fan of clash FR though... I think cracks would be better for 2 competitive teams. here's a few i'd recommend:

Hver (dark) FR - 12 min
Grilling Grounds (light) LMOTH - 10 min
Acts of Piety TERRIES - 12 min
Barb Valley (dark) LMOTH - 10 min
Lichen (light) FR - 12 min
Caer (light) CTF - 14 min (to hopefully avoid tie)
Trow TERRIES - 12 min

I think those would all make for great games, though could certainly mix in krak stamp/fos stamp or whatever for diversity.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

p.s. nothin' but love ew :D
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

I'll never forget this dren
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

EW ~ I was just a boy when the infidels came to my village in their Blackhawk helicopters. The infidels fired at the oil fields and they lit up like the eyes of Allah. Burning oil rained down from the sky and cooked everything it touched. I could only hide myself and cry as my goats were consumed by the fiery black liquid death. In the midst of the chaos, I could swear that I heard my goats screaming for help. As quickly as they had come, the infidels were gone. It was on that day I put a jihad on them. And if you don't believe it, then you'd better kill me now, because I'll put a jihad on you, too.
Homer

Post by Homer »

This should be fun, I'll offer my services up to cap the losing team, and hold their money.
dac

Post by dac »

you got it all wrong adren.

ew plays myth in between helpdesk calls
wwo

Post by wwo »

Cutard wrote:Maps/gametypes I was thinking of as possibilities: desert/trow terries/fr, caer light ctf, acts fr, fos stamp, grilling grounds ctf, trow nut koth, lichen ctf/fr, krak stamp, clash fr, barb dark lmoth.

We'd only do 1 ctf map. With ctf there is a risk of a tie so if it ends up being 3-3 we'd e-flip a coin and winning team picks a map from an extended list. Open to more map/gametype suggestions, I wanted to stick with MWC classics. I don't think we'll be doing allies because I can see it being a clusterfuck, but for some reason I really want to see RiP allies lmoth or terries.
If I had a stake in this, I'd be resolutely opposed to coin flips to determine anything. I see it more as the match being a concert and any tie breakers would be the encore; use "classic" maps, or preselect a playlist of excellent map/games that might not otherwise get played.
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

Sure, we'll just select a tie breaker map. If we want to be really experimental we could have the last map be ctf, and then two tiebreaker sudden death maps after that be ctf and if we still had two ties then the 3rd map would be another gametype that wont tie. People might find that to be drawn out but it could be epic.

We have to decide how we're going to handle realistic variables that may pop up, like someone's connection shitting itself and they disappear. It wouldn't be fair to force the other team to sit a player who paid to play, so if it doesn't look like the guy is coming back after 10 mins do we just hopefully find a sub both teams would agree upon?
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

yep, a sub of equal or lesser perceived skill would work... i doubt anyone would question that.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

With the current player crop we have I nominate Wwo and Cu as captains.

Also I'm fine with all the maps that have been named other than Clash FR and Barb (dark) LMonth. I would be fine if barb(dark) was changed to fr or test but for Lmonth there is a clear advantage on one side if you just camp mid.
frozenfire

Post by frozenfire »

i think anything with money stacks merits its own website, at least to cement its officialness -- any word on this ?