Project Magma OSX hotfix

Gate of Storms (GoS) is a metaserver (lobby) for Myth II Soulblighter multiplayer where you can play online with friends and strangers alike for free.
BraveSirRobin

Project Magma OSX hotfix

Post by BraveSirRobin »

Hey all,
Tried to play last night but server said my copy was too old, updated to 1.8 a while back,
but the latest magma hotfix build for OSX downloads, opens, and lets me click on icon to start pdf reads fine too,
however when i click it then seems to open up an empty window with no contents where the update should be.
Anyone else run into this? Cheers.
BraveSirRobin

Re: Project Magma OSX hotfix

Post by BraveSirRobin »

Just found the fix on the tain forum, Ill share it here if anyone else runs into it.
They are aware of it and wil hotfix it eventually:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... f=4&t=6371

Re: Myth II 1.8 New Mac OS X Installer (post Multiplayer Fix
by Pyro » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:25 pm

While you wait for the next hotfix, try this as a manual install for now. (Requires your copy of Myth II to be a recent version like v1.7.x as this doesn't include some older files.)
Two folders are in there. One has files you place in your Myth II folder and the other has files you place in your plugins folder.
Just make sure to check back here every now and then to try the new installer when it is ready to be sure that the installer issue is fixed for you.
Myth Starter Guide

Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Pyro

Post by Pyro »

It might be a java problem on Mac OSX. It might help if you update through software update and see if the installer can run even if you don't need it now. This could be a problem you run into on the next version and it would be best to get it sorted out either way.
lalacurf121

Post by lalacurf121 »

Ill share it here if anyone else runs into it.
ทางเข้า holiday