Vote what server you want G.O.S V M.NET

General MWC related discussion stuff.

Gate Of Storms V MARIUS.NET

Total votes: 0

drunken_deer

Vote what server you want G.O.S V M.NET

Post by drunken_deer »

Topic says all. Easier instead of bitching about it on the other thread to simply vote and Paris can make the call from the votes tallied.
enculator

Re: Vote what server you want G.O.S V M.NET

Post by enculator »

having a backup solution like gate of storm was a good idea, but if you keep the server up it just splits community and, do you really think the community needs to be split?
fuck it, playing dota anyway
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Is this supposed to be a vote about where MWC is played? If so, shouldn't you mentioned the trade-offs of each option (films, stats, etc)?

Also enc it's not a "backup" server - it was up several months before Mnet went down, which was an unrelated event. Go read the other thread if you want more info.
enculator

Post by enculator »

I understand that u put effort into this, but as i said 2 servers = the game dies twice faster.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

LOL @ enc's logic

What would be wrong with making GoS the "default" server and having Mnet as a backup?
enculator

Post by enculator »

because no one ever heard about got?
enculator

Post by enculator »

gos i mean
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Memberlist says differently...
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

That's kind of circular, enc. GoS could be made the default metaserver when you click on multiplayer at the title screen. The reason why GoS is preferrable, in my view, is because it has ongoing feature support. That would be great if Mnet had that, too, but it doesn't seem like PPE (the guy who runs Mnet) is willing to let that happen, hence why GoS was even conceived.
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

They've made it clear they don't care about the "unlikely event" that some inactive players could naturally find their way back to mariusnet to play myth again then drop out. They also apparently don't give a shit about splitting up the numbers, primarily between coopers/randoms and the competitive community, making the game look even more dead on both servers than it really is. That is the end point of this.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Who're they? And how is that relevant to where MWC should go? Ideally you'd want to go where stats, for instance, are automatically tabulated, so no one has to do it by hand.
enculator

Post by enculator »

punkUser wrote:Memberlist says differently...
yeah right, as far as i remember your memberlist is just stolen from grim website (with the exception of krok), I didn't even register to this place.
Sigh
all this makes me sad, can you please remove me from your website memberlist? Just tried to do it, and there is no option for such things.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

enculator wrote: yeah right, as far as i remember your memberlist is just stolen from grim website (with the exception of krok), I didn't even register to this place.
The point is you know about the GoS metaserver, and so does everyone who was at TheGjol and now GoS.
enculator wrote:all this makes me sad, can you please remove me from your website memberlist?
I can, but aren't you in MWC? You're going to need to be registered here for any tournaments, even if you don't use the metaserver. You'll lose your posts here too if I delete you, so PM me your final call.
enculator

Post by enculator »

it's allrite, just take me off, dont wana be part of this.
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

holy fuck, votes tied at 12 a piece LOL!
Vantobia

Post by Vantobia »

I just shifted the sands
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

enculator wrote:having a backup solution like gate of storm was a good idea, but if you keep the server up it just splits community and, do you really think the community needs to be split?
fuck it, not playing anyway
Yep, but these forums and the insane care for a 15 year old game never cease to amaze me.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

I guess Marius seems a better choice if you can only have one account on GoS...
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Based upon votes alone I am asking all deer members to play on marius.net from now on unless paris says otherwise.

I think its time Someone made a team commitment and put their foot down to which server is going to be played on.

Considering Paris's words about having a Traditional MWC watch new mutators voice cast here even though he talked while under influence of heavy booze.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWzBOpKW ... Vq1YUHkUVL[/youtube]

The removal of Salary Cap should remain Traditional on the Marius.net Servers that I have known since I started.

Although better I will admit the G.O.S, The votes have been cast and perhaps after MWC I will shift towards G.O.S when the new features punkuser can enhance while having people not get upset from server maintenance.

So yeah if you want to play me or any of my buddies play on marius.net
dac

Post by dac »

couple of things drunken.

1) your english really does need work, that shit was confusing.

2) GoS is meant to support tournaments and then use mnet in the offseason for the other crap, you're doing it backwards
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Cool, let's all make an effort to do regular play on MariusNet. As dac says, it'd be cool to play the MWC games on GoS, but let's make an effort to play regular games on MariusNet for the time being.

FWIW my ISP was having issues with east coast connectivity yesterday, but I believe that should be sorted out today. I'll probably be on MariusNet tonight looking for some games.
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

wtf punk, this goes against THE AGENDA bro.

oh god, big lol at enculator's rage quit. god it is awesome to witness that level of nerd rage. toodles bud.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Giant Killer General wrote:wtf punk, this goes against THE AGENDA bro.
Haha sorry; I forgot to maintain the illusion of such an agenda ;)
empy

Post by empy »

Which server supports prism?
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Mnet went down so PPE could install cameras in the server
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

dac wrote:couple of things drunken.

1) your english really does need work, that shit was confusing.

2) GoS is meant to support tournaments and then use mnet in the offseason for the other crap, you're doing it backwards

1. Im not English I am Australian so you can stick that up your fucking ass as our language is similar but not the same.

2. You are correct but its the wrong time to implement new changes in the middle of MWC.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Australians speak ENGLISH. He wasn't saying you are from England, dipshit... though your great great great grandfather likely stole a loaf of bread there once upon a time.

Go back and read 90% of your posts and you will see what he was saying... your sentences rarely make any sense, even to Austalians.
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

adrenaline wrote:Australians speak ENGLISH. He wasn't saying you are from England, dipshit... though your great great great grandfather likely stole a loaf of bread there once upon a time.

Go back and read 90% of your posts and you will see what he was saying... your sentences rarely make any sense, even to Austalians.
why do I even bother. You are obviously just on the hate bandwagon. Regardless more people are using marius.net after my post now instead of gate of storms so my post worked alongside punkusers decition at the same time to stablise this server shit storm. I dont need to convince anyone though cause I know the truth regardless of what you haters think.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

England speaks English.
Australia speaks Australian.
AMERICANS SPEAK AMERICAN.

Australian "English" is the most complex and hardest to learn form of "English"
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

MWC has not started yet, how is it the "middle"
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Renwood wrote:MWC has not started yet, how is it the "middle"
christ quote me word for word. I mean its about to start. Ive never met so many fucking grammar nazi's for a single game forum.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

What are the arguments for playing tournament matches on Marius? In the unlikely event a newbie sees the match and stays, they're just going to get booted from the game anyway. Sure, someone could make a case for Mnet being the better option, but that was when its website was still functional. By playing on GoS no one has to save and submit the films for review (they are saved automatically to the metaserver) and stats will be automatically tracked for the duration of the tournament (a feature rarely seen since the old days). With Mnet, I can pretty much guarantee there won't be tracked stats, unless, of course someone would like to volunteer?

I think Paris has to put his foot down and say it's one way or the other. Letting it be either way pretty much invalidates the stats feature of GoS.
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

drunken_deer wrote:
adrenaline wrote:Australians speak ENGLISH. He wasn't saying you are from England, dipshit... though your great great great grandfather likely stole a loaf of bread there once upon a time.

why do I even bother. You are obviously just on the hate bandwagon. Regardless more people are using marius.net after my post now instead of gate of storms so my post worked alongside punkusers decition at the same time to stablise this server shit storm. I dont need to convince anyone though cause I know the truth regardless of what you haters think.
I for one love Australia. The home of mad max and mark chopper read, of promite and Vegemite, of kangaroos and that Tom selleck movie, Quigley Down Under, and most importantly of my good friends Mick Dundee and Bonky who once told me he had exactly 1.5 million dollars in the bank and had been to a BBQ where he met Sting and Olivia Newton-John. How can you not love that penal colony?