State of the QR: Week 1

Forums for the MFC 2013 1v1 tournament.
Giant Killer General

State of the QR: Week 1

Post by Giant Killer General »

Okay so I want to do a big update once a week (3 times) for the QR with some nifty stats, match records, temporary standings, etc. Here is the first one:

First of all, let's talk about tournament achievements. So far we have 41 matches played, and it has been only been about 4 days since I announced the tournament. That is pretty incredible, nice job everyone. Shit like that shows that myth is still very much alive. We also have 29 tournament participants, which is also a higher turnout than I was expecting. That is certainly a respectable number. There might be a few people I would still like to see come out of the woodwork (browning, shaister, etc.) but otherwise pretty much everyone that I wanted to see turnout is here, and there is still plenty of time for people to join. This will be a very competitive tournament. We just need a handful more to really hit that 32 number, so ask around and try to find us some more competitors.

This tournament is also the first to use a 1v1 plugin on the proving grounds map (courtesy of SamTheButcher) which is something that has been talked about for years as a good 1v1 plugin.

You can get the PG Dueling Pack Plugin on SamTheButcher's site here: http://thebutchersmaps.weebly.com/

Or at theTain here: http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/p ... ing-pack-1

This is also the first tournament to make full use of Punkuser's tournament system on the site. For those that are not aware, I am adding your matches to the GoS website so that the films and stats for the games are automatically recorded. This makes this tournament somewhat historic, setting a new benchmark in myth tournaments as it has by far the most comprehensive myth player stats of any myth tournament ever. This tournament also probably has or will have the most matches played of any myth tournament ever as well. This is why it is mandatory to play all matches on GoS, which everyone has been good about so far.

I think most of you are still not aware of how this works, so check it out here:
http://games.gateofstorms.net/tournaments/MFC13QR

You can browse matches to find films you want to see, or scroll to the bottom to see overall stats. Pretty sweet stuff right there.

You can navigate to other features on the site by going to gateofstorms.net, clicking games, then click "view games" or "view tournaments" (view users doesn't do anything yet). If you ever want to find a film, or navigate the tournaments, there it is.

There are a few recent rule changes:
1) We will now be using a divisional round robin system instead of double elimination. See the "NEW DIVISION SYSTEM" announcement in this forum.
2) The minimum number of required different matches is now 5, increased from 3. I will not increase it any further.
3) There will now be 2 fallbacks for this QR, to help people reach the minimum level of matches to reach the divisional rounds. I already announced the one on Saturday, Jan. 29th at 2pm EST. I see no reason to not have one this weekend as well, so this Saturday, Jan. 22nd at 2pm EST we will have one as well. Basically just making those unifying times for people to log on and try to find people to play.

Below are the approximate current rankings. Please note that these are rough rankings because some people have not played the required 5 different matches yet. You can see how this kind of works though. There were actually no 3-way ties to be broken, the only weaknesses in these rankings are some missing links, which should be filled in as the QR goes on. If you want to improve your ranking, you can now look at who you need to beat above you, which should also help fill in those missing links. The ONLY way to GUARANTEE a higher ranking than a particular player, is to A) Have a winning match record against that particular player, and B) do not have a losing match record against anyone that that particular player has a winning match record against. This is the case with all of these rankings so far since there are no 3-way ties yet.

Match records are next to the names. Killerking has an impressive ranking, and well earned. Pablo you can probably improve your ranking. Also next to your name is if you are qualified for the DE rounds yet or not, by playing 5 different players. Please note that there will be NO exceptions to this qualification rule.

Rankings:

1. Giant Killer General 8-0 (qualified)
2. Adrenaline 3-0 (NOT YET QUALIFIED)
3. Paris 9-1 (qualified)
4. Samuel 4-3 (qualified)
5. Ghengis 1-1 (NOT YET QUALIFIED)
6. Professional Killer 2-4 (qualified)
7. Captain 3-2 (qualified)
8. East Wind 1-2 (NOT YET QUALIFIED)
9. Gamer 1-5 (qualified)
10. Gekko 1-0 (NOT YET QUALIFIED)
11. Kirk 0-1 (NOT YET QUALIFIED)
12. Headhunter 3-0 (NOT YET QUALIFIED)
13. Killerking 3-2 (qualified)
14. Asmodian 0-4 (NOT YET QUALIFIED)
15. SamTheButcher 1-6 (qualified)
16. Funk 0-3 (NOT YET QUALIFIED)
17. Punkuser 1-2 (NOT YET QUALIFIED)
18. Drunken 0-2 (NOT YET QUALIFIED)
19. Pablo Escobar 0-2 (NOT YET QUALIFIED)
20. Renwood 0-1 (NOT YET QUALIFIED)

21. Zak (NOT YET QUALIFIED)
22. SpookyBMF (NOT YET QUALIFIED)
23. Rawr (NOT YET QUALIFIED)
24. Arsenal (NOT YET QUALIFIED)
25. Ratking (NOT YET QUALIFIED)
26. Pallidice (NOT YET QUALIFIED)
27. Cruniac (NOT YET QUALIFIED)
28. Tirri (NOT YET QUALIFIED)
29. Lizard King (NOT YET QUALIFIED)

For reference, see everyone's everyone's organized match records below. Please note that overall match records do not matter for ranking / seeding purposes, just a fun stat to show here.

Match Records

1. Giant Killer General 8-0
GKG over Killerking 3-0 (added)
GKG over Sam 4-2 (added)
GKG over Asmo 3-0 (added)
GKG over Gamer 3-1 (added)
GKG over EW 3-0 (added)
GKG over SamTheButcher 3-0 (added)
GKG over Captain 3-0 (added)

2. Adrenaline 3-0
Adren over Ghengis 3-1 (added)
Adren over Sam 8-6 (added)
Adren over PK 3-1 (added)

3. Paris 9-1
Captain over Paris 3-0 (added)
Par over Sam 4-2 (added)
Par over Pablo 3-1 (added)
Par over PK 3-0 (added)
Par over Gamer 6-4 (added)
Par over Punkuser 3-0 (added)
Par over Drunken 3-1 (added)
Par over Kirk 3-0 (added)
Par over SamTheButcher 3-1 (added)

4. Samuel 4-3
Sam over Asmo 3-1 (added)
GKG over Sam 4-2 (added)
Sam over Gamer 3-0 (added)
Sam over PK 4-2 (added)
Adren over Sam 8-6 (added)
Par over Sam 4-2 (added)

5. Ghengis 1-1
Adren over Ghengis 3-1 (added)
Ghengis over PK 3-0 (added)

6. Professional Killer 2-4
Sam over PK 4-2 (added)
PK over Pablo 3-1 (added)
Ghengis over PK 3-0 (added)
PK over Captain 5-3 (added)
Par over PK 3-0 (added)
Adren over PK 3-1 (added)

7. Captain 3-2
Captain over Paris 3-0 (added)
Captain over SamTheButcher 4-2 (added)
Captain over EW 3-0 (added)
GKG over Captain 3-0 (added)
PK over Captain 5-3 (added)

8. East Wind 1-2
EW over SamTheButcher 3-1 (added)
Captain over EW 3-0 (added)
GKG over EW 3-0 (added)

9. Gamer 1-5
Gamer over Killerking 5-3 (added)
Par over Gamer 6-4 (added)

10. Gekko 1-0
Gekko over Asmo 4-2 (added)

11. Kirk 0-1
Par over Kirk 3-0 (added)

12. Headhunter 3-0
Headhunter over Funk 3-1 (added)
Headhunter over SamTheButcher 3-1 (added)
Headhunter over Asmo 2-0 (forfeited last game) (added)

13. Killerking 3-2
GKG over Killerking 3-0 (added)
Gamer over Killerking 5-3 (added)
Killerking over Funk 3-0 (added)
Killerking over Funk 4-2 (added)
Killerking over SamTheButcher 3-0 (added)

14. Asmodian 0-4
Sam over Asmo 3-1 (added)
GKG over Asmo 3-0 (added)
Gekko over Asmo 4-2 (added)
Headhunter over Asmo 2-0 (forfeited last game) (added)

15. SamTheButcher 1-6
Headhunter over SamTheButcher 3-1 (added)
EW over SamTheButcher 3-1 (added)
Killerking over SamTheButcher 3-0 (added)
Captain over SamTheButcher 4-2 (added)
GKG over SamTheButcher 3-0 (added)
SamTheButcher over Punkuser 3-1 (added)
Par over SamTheButcher 3-1 (added)

16. Funk 0-3
Killerking over Funk 3-0 (added)
Killerking over Funk 4-2 (added)
Headhunter over Funk 3-1 (added)

17. Punkuser 1-2
Par over Punkuser 3-0 (added)
SamTheButcher over Punkuser 3-1 (added)
Punkuser over Renwood 3-0 (added)

18. Drunken 0-2

19. Pablo Escobar 0-2
PK over Pablo 3-1 (added)
Par over Pablo 3-1 (added)

20. Renwood 0-1
Punkuser over Renwood 3-0 (added)
punkUser

Re: State of the QR: Week 1

Post by punkUser »

To add some more fun info, here's the map pick frequencies from the 182 games so far:

"34" "Gimble in the Wabe"
"27" "Gyre in the Wabe"
"21" "Proving Grounds"
"18" "Clash in the Cloudspine"
"12" "Demise on the Plains"
"8" "I'll Fall On Your Spiderweb"
"8" "I'll Fall On Your Grave"
"7" "The Badlands"
"6" "Cracks in the Cloudspine"
"5" "Gimble Set"
"5" "Dead Man's Float"
"3" "Drowned Kingdom"
"3" "Venice"
"2" "Proving Grounds Set"
"2" "Miejsce prÛby"
"2" "Grave Set"
"2" "Raid on the Plains"
"2" "Gimble w Wabe"
"1" "Gyre set"
"1" "Creep on the Borderlands"
"1" "Untamed Set"
"1" "Starcie w Chmurnych Graniach"
"1" "The Untamed Lands"
"1" "Dead Man's Chest"
"1" "Gyre w Wabe"
"1" "Chest Set"
"1" "Zaatakuje TwÛj grÛb"
"1" "If I Had a Trow..."
"1" "åmierÊ na RÛwninie"
"1" "Killing Grounds"
"1" "Venice Set"
"1" "The Desert Between Your Ears"
"1" "Rozpadliny w Chmurnych Graniach"
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Interesting that Gimble is such a popular choice, given how unbalanced the starts are.

I would have though Gyre and PG would be #1 and #2... close I guess.

Are Sam and I the only ones to have played Chest and KG??? Thought those would be reasonably common... same with Venice. Would have thought Badlands would be up there too.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

adrenaline wrote:Interesting that Gimble is such a popular choice, given how unbalanced the starts are.
Yeah, although a lot of players just let the other person up, similar to how you play spider if someone spawns mid.
adrenaline wrote: Thought those would be reasonably common... same with Venice. Would have thought Badlands would be up there too.
Yeah I think 2 of the badlands games were me, and 2 of the venice ones IIRC. Was surprised to see so few from other people as well, but par mentioned hating badlands when I picked it, so maybe that sentiment is wider than I thought :)

I'm a bit surprised to see demise so high... most of the games I've seen on that the player who has the closer start to the mid just takes it and has a big advantage. I'm less impressed with the starts on that one than gimble even.
dac

Post by dac »

those maps are fine if you play ctf, even fr might be interesting
Giant Killer General

play the PG dueling plugin instead...
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Giant Killer General wrote:play the PG dueling plugin instead...
I like terrain variation though and choke points. I'd prefer if there was a plug that just chose the two most equal start points from the relevant meshes (gimble, etc) - say across from one another - instead of just making the entire map flat.
par73

Post by par73 »

Just wanted to let you know, a game with limp and kryptos was added to the statistics page, but they are not signed up for the tournament and don't have a match on the tourney page.

Also, drunken only has 1 victory while he actually has two.
Giant Killer General

yes I know, I loaded a bad game into it. I let punk know about it, but he won't be available until later today probably to be able to remove it (I can't remove it, has to be done through the database).

It should be fixed late tonight when punk gets home from work.

Thanks for looking out though.

about drunken's win/loss record being off, that is actually your fault. I already posted about this in the other thread. see below:
Giant Killer General wrote:Paris, please do not host drop a game during a match. It looks like you host dropped a game against Drunken, the 1st game of the 2nd match, on PG. It screws with the game records for players. The stats shows you as winning that game even though you lost, because you host dropped while you had the flag instead of waiting another 5-10 seconds for the game to finish. Which means it shows drunken's game record as 1-7 in the stats when it should be 2-6.

Not that big of a deal, but no reason to screw with it like that. That goes for everyone, please let the game finish properly, go to post-game, etc. so it knows how to record the game result.