Pre-MWC Q&A series

General MWC related discussion stuff.
NewMutator

Pre-MWC Q&A series

Post by NewMutator »

Hey everyone, I'd like to do Q&As with team captains, spiritual leaders, or interested parties this year in a kind of "meet the players" series. If you're interested in participating drop me a line and let me know the times of your availability. I'd like to get this started within the next couple days, if possible. Ideally I'd need a little time beforehand to formulate a few questions specific to the individual(s). I can accommodate multiple people if you want to come on with a buddy or two. I can't guarantee I'll get to everybody, but the fewer responses I get the more likely it is you'll get featured!

(In addition, I'm not too great at photoshop, obviously, so if somebody proficient wants to whip up a quick graphic for introducing this series that'd be awesome! thanks!!)

Here's the thread with the Mumble server info: http://forum.gateofstorms.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=726

I can alternatively be reached at NewMutator@gmail.com
NewMutator

Re: Pre-MWC Q&A series

Post by NewMutator »

The priority will be on representing all teams, but there's no limit on who can participate.
noblesteed

Post by noblesteed »

This is excellent but I have no microphone
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

How much are you paying me to be interviewed?
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Everyone gets paid once the MWC prize money gets doled out.
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

I can take email questions if you like, I dunno if I'll be able to talk on Mumble anytime in the next couple weeks tho. (also who knows if I'd be able to get it working)
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Another person asked already about a text based Q&A. I'm not too keen to do those because, really, anyone could do that. I'm looking for off the cuff material. That said, if you have a mic (and most laptops have an internal mic, I think; if not you can probably pick one up on the cheap, or, better yet, borrow one) you can get Mumble to work, so that's a non-issue given Mumble's thorough setup wizard.
empy

Post by empy »

My British accent may blow your minds
Ratking

Post by Ratking »

I'm down, could do something after 10 pm week nights est
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

I'm sure we can arrange something
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Hey everyone, the first video in the series is now live; additional content will be made available as it is completed: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Vq1YUHkUVL
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Lol Zak you didn't teach me how to dummy and suicide, but nice try. As I recall I got most of my dummying in 2010 or thereabouts blamed on you since I'm so much better at it.
Zak

Post by Zak »

Pogue wrote:Lol Zak you didn't teach me how to dummy and suicide, but nice try. As I recall I got most of my dummying in 2010 or thereabouts blamed on you since I'm so much better at it.
I may not have taught you all my secrets, but I did take you under my wing when you were rediscovering myth. I also inspired you to greater heights of dummying with my epic suicides.
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Babyshaker DEER wrote:
Pogue wrote:Lol Zak you didn't teach me how to dummy and suicide, but nice try. As I recall I got most of my dummying in 2010 or thereabouts blamed on you since I'm so much better at it.
I also inspired you to greater heights of dummying with my epic suicides.
True, I will give you that.
killerking

Post by killerking »

I laughed when listening to Drunken Irishman's interview.
Good work, keep it up!
zagon

Post by zagon »

everytime paris said tournament i wanted to punch him in the face.
killerking

Post by killerking »

These series were hilarious!

I remember hating zak for dummying and suiciding and he responded with: "WTF???? No that can't be me I haven't been online in about a year."
And I didn't believe any of it ;)

Also, I thought the following excerpt from Zak's interview was hilarious:
Newmutator:"So, basically you're saying you learned Tirri how to play?"
Zak: "Well... I don't want to take all of the credit..." LOLLOLLOLLOL

Is it true Zak did many 'good things' for Myth/the community? I never knew about that.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Just in time for Father's Day: Myrkridon agreed to sit down and field a few questions. Get the inside scoop on the 'Myrk curse' and his thoughts on the competitive Myth scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Cfvj5ya_0
dac

Post by dac »

because kirk exists!
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Shoulda made a top 10 most overrated player list, that would have generated some comments/flames
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Yeah, I can't really tell ahead of time which questions will be well-received by which people. For instance, that's like something I asked Drunken, but when I spoke with Drunken today he asked me why I didn't ask questions like I asked you.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Haven't had time to listen to any of these yet... but I'd be willing to sit down for an interview if I can find my damn microphone...
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Myrk wrote:Shoulda made a top 10 most overrated player list, that would have generated some comments/flames
No point, we all know who #1 would be.
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

pogue wrote:No point, we all know who #1 would be
:oops:
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

You wouldn't make it since you're not even rated to begin with.
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Myrk wrote:You wouldn't make it since you're not even rated to begin with.
I wasn't talking about me dumbass. That one went right over your head I see.
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

u mad?
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

LOL POGUE MYRK JUST TOTALLY FUCKING OWNED THE SNOT OUT OF YOU LOL
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Looks like Myrk has been checking out coon threads and stealing our insults. I thought he'd be too busy travelling and fucking bitches like Pablo.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Okay guys, if you're interested in participating please shoot me a pm so we can schedule a time to meet on Mumble.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Who the fuck is new mutator?
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

I'm the guy putting these together. If you got beef, we don't have to do one.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

I had to postpone the next one because of a pending emergency on my end. Hopefully it goes away and I can continue working on these. Stay tuned.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

I'll have to suspend the interviews until further notice. Hopefully I can continue these after MWC has started. Sorry folks.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Next one is up, in which I introduce someone who's opting not to play this year: Renwood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzNxlpazSFk
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

The audio issues made it less than ideal but we had already spent a good chunk of time troubleshooting to no avail so I just said screw it.
dac

Post by dac »

ln sounded extra pretentious in this one. the mic was hard to listen to. if you're going to use a laptop you need to mix in some headphones at least.
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

wasn't talking about the audio issues. yea, ln seemed more confrontational than usual, but I think that is just the effect renwood has on people.

audio issues were barely noticeable btw, you might be thinking it is worse than it really is.

these are good interviews overall i guess. you ask some tough questions, which i would have thought you would be too nice to ask sometimes. i think they could be better, but good nonetheless, and at least someone is doing them.
dac

Post by dac »

the audio was brutal, stuff repeating and echoing in the background.

maybe it would have been better if i was watching or otherwise distracted with non-work but repeating stuff and echos when you're focused on something is really distracting.

i would recommend that whoever was on the laptop get headphones, you probably have them for your phone already.
Giant Killer General

yea I duno, it didn't seem that bad for me. I only heard his echo a few times for just like half a second.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

So what happened was that I would hear my own echo every time I would speak with Ren holding the push-to-talk button. He said he was using headphones and we tried unsuccessfully to locate and solve the issue. Plus his audio kept clipping as the interview progressed, despite the fact that he claimed he had finished his downloads, so I don't know what was the cause of that.

Renwood has a very interesting dialogue style where he's not very direct at times, and will sometimes take a long route to answer a more or less direct question. All these things combined plus time restrictions forced me to do what I specifically did not want to do, which was interrupt, and that made me lose my cool a little bit, though I wouldn't say I was intentionally being mean. I didn't want to get too mired in the "Myth is dying, woe is us!" discussion, because I don't find it particularly interesting. That whole angle was predicated on a misunderstanding of my question, which was directed more at asking what Renwood envisioned for future improvements to the game.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Am I the only one who hasn't watched more than 30 seconds of this stuff? I watched drunken's for 30 seconds, got bored.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Frankly I'm surprised you click on these at all.
Giant Killer General

oh I am not faulting you at all LN, we all know why you did what you did and in the way you did. I wouldn't have lasted 2 seconds trying to talk to Renwood. It is just amusing because that's the first time anyone has seen you get like that. And its funny that it was the renwood effect. and the awkwardness from it was funny too.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

To be fair, Renwood made a pretty good juggling analogy at the end that I thought was brilliant.
dac

Post by dac »

im not faulting you for it either, it was just funny to notice.

i did laugh at the imagery of renwood in a street fight though.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

All right, guys, it seems I'll be able to resume this series on a limited basis. If you're interested in baring your soul to the Myth world, contact me via PM.

I'd like to continue throughout MWC if possible with these profiles if there's interest. In addition, I may start up another series to cover some of what's happening on the 1v1 scene. Look for a post about that soon-ish.

I will not be able to cover the entirety of MWC this year (took a huge downgrade in connection speed) but I feel that some coverage is in order. Stay tuned for posts on that as well.