Which briggs meyers personality type are you?

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Honkey

Which briggs meyers personality type are you?

Post by Honkey »

I am an entp.... I have taken this test in so many capacities (including one for my work that they paid for and was a ridiculous amount of questions) and I get it every single time. Its kind of fun, try a few of them and see if it applies to you.

Extroverted (E) 55.88% Introverted (I) 44.12%
Intuitive (N) 60% Sensing (S) 40%
Thinking (T) 72.73% Feeling (F) 27.27%
Perceiving (P) 78.13% Judging (J) 21.88%

Your type is: ENTP

ENTP - "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.
NewMutator

Re: Which briggs meyers personality type are you?

Post by NewMutator »

I'm like 66% I 33% N and < 10% F and J. Pretty borderline.
dac

Post by dac »

no link = epic fail

if u have one i dont see then gg me
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

I didnt put oen Dac because there are a ton of different ones you can take and i suggested trying a few . All you gotta do is type "briggs meyers test" and about 50 show up.
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Also- NEwmutator- That is the rarest of all personalities!
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(12%) Thinking(38%) Judging(33%)

apparently i am one of the rarest types also LOL
Sormiron

Post by Sormiron »

INTJ
Introvert(11%) iNtuitive(75%) Thinking(1%) Judging(1%)
You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)
You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

This test seems very flawed. I think too much and get nothing done way too often becouse of it.

Edit: I do think some things fit in on me though, I do see myself as superior to others. Am I not? And if not, would I see any reason to belive anyone inferior know such a thing anyways?Image
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Try a few of them sorm, these tests really just measure where you normally sit, we all shift around quite frequently
Sormiron

Post by Sormiron »

2nd test on another site and hangover.

Introverted (I) 56.67% Extroverted (E) 43.33%
Intuitive (N) 67.86% Sensing (S) 32.14%
Thinking (T) 59.46% Feeling (F) 40.54%
Perceiving (P) 53.33% Judging (J) 46.67%

Your type is: INTP

INTP - "Architect". Greatest precision in thought and language. Can readily discern contradictions and inconsistencies. The world exists primarily to be understood. 3.3% of total population

par73

Post by par73 »

ENFJ
Extravert(22%) iNtuitive(62%) Feeling(25%) Judging(22%)

You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (22%)
You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

Qualities

ENFJ Personality Type Students with ENFJ preferences radiate sympathy and fellowship. They concern themselves chiefly with the people around them and place high value on harmonious human contacts. They are friendly, tactful, and sympathetic. They are persevering, conscientious, and orderly even in small matters, and inclined to expect others to be the same. ENFJs are particularly warmed by approval and are sensitive to indifference. Much of their pleasure and satisfaction comes from the warmth of feeling of people around them. ENJFs tend to concentrate on the admirable qualities of other people and are loyal to respected persons, institutions, or causes, sometimes to the point of idealizing whatever they admire. They are at their best in jobs that deal with people, and in situations that require building cooperation. ENFJs are found in jobs such as teaching, preaching, counseling, and selling. They may be less happy in work demanding factual accuracy, such as accounting, unless they can find a personal meaning in their work. They have to make a special effort to be brief and business like and not let sociability slow them down on the job.

Work Preferences of ENFJs
  • Contribute to the growth and development of others
    Collaborate to create and implement new ideas to help people
    Engage in activities that will enhance organizational climate and morale
    Champion change that will improve peoples’ situations
    Organize and cooperate on complex, multifaceted, long-range projects
Sample of Possible ENFJ Careers
  • Clergy
    Priest
    Home management advisors
    Actors
    Teachers
    Artists
    Writers
    Optometrists
    Entertainers
    Counselors
    Musicians and composers
    Designers
    Physical Therapist
    Journalists
    Physicians
    Pharmacists
    Psychologists
    Public relations
    School Administrators
    Librarians
pallidice

Post by pallidice »

ISFP
Introvert(89%) Sensing(50%) Feeling(25%) Perceiving(11)%

* You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
* You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (50%)
* You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
* You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

ISFPs live in the world of sensation possibilities. They are keenly in tune with the way things look, taste, sound, feel and smell. They have a strong aesthetic appreciation for art, and are likely to be artists in some form, because they are unusually gifted at creating and composing things which will strongly affect the senses. They have a strong set of values, which they strive to consistently meet in their lives. They need to feel as if they're living their lives in accordance with what they feel is right, and will rebel against anything which conflicts with that goal. They're likely to choose jobs and careers which allow them the freedom of working towards the realization of their value-oriented personal goals.

ISFPs tend to be quiet and reserved, and difficult to get to know well. They hold back their ideas and opinions except from those who they are closest to. They are likely to be kind, gentle and sensitive in their dealings with others. They are interested in contributing to people's sense of well-being and happiness, and will put a great deal of effort and energy into tasks which they believe in.

ISFPs have a strong affinity for aesthetics and beauty. They're likely to be animal lovers, and to have a true appreciation for the beauties of nature. They're original and independent, and need to have personal space. They value people who take the time to understand the ISFP, and who support the ISFP in pursuing their goals in their own, unique way. People who don't know them well may see their unique way of life as a sign of carefree light-heartedness, but the ISFP actually takes life very seriously, constantly gathering specific information and shifting it through their value systems, in search for clarification and underlying meaning.

ISFPs are warm and sympathetic. They genuinely care about people, and are strongly service-oriented in their desire to please. They have an unusually deep well of caring for those who are close to them, and are likely to show their love through actions, rather than words.

The ISFP is likely to not give themself enough credit for the things which they do extremely well. Their strong value systems can lead them to be intensely perfectionist, and cause them to judge themselves with unneccesary harshness.
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Pallidice wrote:ISFP
SNIP.
In other words under-rated Myth player :D
Sormiron

Post by Sormiron »

I find this very interesting even though it is only of little more importance than a horoscope. It boggles my mind a bit that I just did 5 tests, and I seem to lean towards INTJ. One thing is for sure though, I do appreciate the humor.
par73

Post by par73 »

The entire horoscope reading shit is the most generalized version of a fortune cookie, please do not tell me you believe or read into any of that shit to control your life....
Sormiron

Post by Sormiron »

par73 wrote:The entire horoscope reading shit is the most generalized version of a fortune cookie, please do not tell me you believe or read into any of that shit to control your life....
I was merely pointing out the insignificance of this test.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

If it imparts insight it can hardly be said to be insignificant. The same could be said for the so-called pseudoscience of astrology. Daily horoscopes are banal, obviously, but there's a lot can be gleaned from the esoteric study of archetypes operating within the personality.
Sormiron

Post by Sormiron »

Gleaned indeed. I am convinced that some people that otherwise would not bother to analyze their own behavior, for varius reason, might have a chance gaining some hint of insight from the study of archetypes. However I am also very convinced that equally or, most likely, more people will trap themselves within these archetypes, accepting the weaknesses of the seemingly fitting archetypes simply becouse of flattery of their suposed strenghts, thus nothing is learned about their true potential or what to remedy in end.

Mayhaps the word "insignificant" for many people is the wrong word, that was more for my own amusement.

How about "missleading"?
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Sure, but, I don't think that's the fault of the archetypes. ;)

We can't cordon off an area of study for being misleading because, if it's not one thing, it's another. Some people really get confused because what's important to them isn't discovering some truth or insight, but retaining membership within a community. That's essentially where the propensity to being misled comes from.
Sormiron

Post by Sormiron »

NewMutator wrote:Sure, but, I don't think that's the fault of the archetypes. ;)
In this you are absolutely right. Just as drugs are not wrong in itself, but see.. this is why we have prescriptions. The common man is not suposed to dabble in these things.
There ought to be a law against shallow people trying to get insights about themselves in such a horrible, horrible way.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Milk: I'm guessing you mean sun sign. I'm not convinced there's too much you can infer about someone from knowing that. Be my guest if you want to guess, though.

Nah, I don't think so, sorm. You hear this a lot, about how people need to be protected from themselves. I'm not totally on board with that idea. I'm kind of an anarchist in the sense that I'm okay with things getting messy if it means people abandon pretense as a result.

I actually consider cultural paternalism to be on par with systemic child abuse, the abiding legacy of generations worth of protracted ambivalence toward progeny.
dac

Post by dac »

im glad that sorm thinks he knows better than me, how i should protect myself.

who sits atop the committee to decide what's for lunch today? weeee 1984.

sigh.

what a world we live in
Sormiron

Post by Sormiron »

dac wrote:im glad that sorm thinks he knows better than me, how i should protect myself.
Thank you, I would be very flattered if I wasnt already convinced it is so.
who sits atop the committee to decide what's for lunch today? weeee 1984.
Unfortunetly I do not know who does or did in your country.
sigh.

what a world we live in
I am glad that I can be a source of inspiration for you in these dark times.
Sormiron

Post by Sormiron »

I do think this subject has not been explored enough wich is a very sad thing. This needs to be investigated further as think archetypes are one of the most generous sources of commedy.

Therefor I present you with this youtube video. I could mention names as to whom I could have this discussion with within the myth community, though I think I might have insulted enough people for now.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yoh1O5urp-g[/youtube]