Is the GJOL a FLOP?

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
SeekerAntiVegan

Is the GJOL a FLOP?

Post by SeekerAntiVegan »

I think so.

POST IN THE COMMENTS BELOW IF YOU DISAGREE!
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Re: Is the GJOL a FLOP?

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

Until youtube function and myth emoticons are restored, I'd have to say yes unfortunately :(
grim

Post by grim »

Define flop. I doubt there's gonna be much activity during the height of dead season untill the first tournament is organized.

It's gonna have a reputation mod soon. Myth emoticons and ranks will be there once I feel like adding them.
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

The fact milk man and melekor have posted on here and limp and dac are nowhere to be found says it all. FLOP.
SeekerAntiVegan

I am anti-dac, but not anti-Milk Man. In fact, one could classify me as pro-BOB.

However, even I would agree that POGUE has a POINT!

Grim you must fix your flop. Are you going to complain that the comments in this thread are now SKEWED against your site?

You live in a MIGHTY FINE CLOUD of DENIAL grim. Should I fly up to your MIGHTY FINE CLOUD of DENIAL in my nonexistent IKEA brand (made by the superior Swedes) HOVERBOARD and show you TANGIBLE PROOF of your failure?
CheezeFist

Post by CheezeFist »

Its too early to declare total floppage. If no tournament happens and this place stays dead then it is a flop. If a tournament happens and this place gets used it is not a flop.

Either way my penis flops around when wear loose fitting shorts and jump around.
Chickenwire

Post by Chickenwire »

does it make me a necrophile for being inside a dead forum?
toxyn

Post by toxyn »

guest wrote:Want to know why this forum is dead?

• Need an account to post here. Why should I have to create an account to call grim an idiot?

• Couldn't even find link to the forum from the main page. Links to the godhead (whatever the fuck that is) also didn't work. Toxyn really does this for a living?

• When entering my super secret un-crackable password when registering, the url starts with "http://". EVERYONE knows this means that falcon is going to go through the database and find your password, then use it to access your email and bank accounts! It should say "https://". The 's' is crucial.

• Password requirements. Why do you care if I enter a password thats two letters, contain no capital letters, or numbers? Who are you to tell me that it has to include capital letters, be more than 4 characters, and include a number? Fuck you, and fuck this forum!

• Image verification. Sure, you need to prevent spam bots from ruining your gay little forum, but maybe you should hire a new company to make these images. The letters/numbers are unrecognizable from their original shape. Then I got locked out of the registration process because I got a fucking letter wrong?

• No tournament information? How am I supposed to sign up my team for mwc 2k13 if the website isn't even ready?

Mr/Mrs/Ms person hiding behind fake screen name: Go make your own myth site.
toxyn

Post by toxyn »

Milk Man wrote:Until youtube function and myth emoticons are restored, I'd have to say yes unfortunately :(
I have some new things to add over the weekend. For the forum that includes mods for youtube bbcode, rankings/reputation for users and posts. Grim can add custom myth emoticons through the admin if he has the time.
toxyn

Post by toxyn »

CheezeFist wrote:Its too early to declare total floppage. If no tournament happens and this place stays dead then it is a flop. If a tournament happens and this place gets used it is not a flop.
I can host websites for tournaments, maps/plugins, etc. All people need to do is ask.

edit: That's host as in provide some web space, subdomain (e.g. yoursite.thegjol.com), some features (php/python/ruby support + mysql db). If you just need a forum, that's fine too.
CheezeFist

Post by CheezeFist »

Tox I think this site is going to be awesome!
headhunter

Post by headhunter »

Try patience for once.
The site looks good.
toxyn

Post by toxyn »

Thank you headhunter. It will look better after this weekend. It's my own fault things are still a work in progress, but I'll continue to do what I can when I can.
grim

Post by grim »

People shouldn't get trolled by Cu and Seeker.
falcon

Post by falcon »

toxyn wrote:Thank you headhunter. It will look better after this weekend. It's my own fault things are still a work in progress, but I'll continue to do what I can when I can.
2 quick suggestions, Embed a better, mythish font on headings, the current arial looks ugly. &, use a myth background over the solid black.
The site is good and we would love to use it.
SeekerAntiVegan

GRIM this site is now less FLOPPY.

IT is now a MILD DISAPPOINTMENT!

Site needs more ADRENALINE-KIRK FLAME WARS!

Those are very EXCITING! ILLUMINATING!
grimshoulddie

Post by grimshoulddie »

I haven't actually posted until now, grimcock. guest is right though, the requirements for the password are ridiculous, so ridiculous I'll probably never post here again because I will neither remember the CIA super secret yankeedoodle pw I was required to create nor be motivated to do it all over again. Anyone else excited for season 3 of game of thrones? I sure am.

Grim's status: Alive.
par73

Post by par73 »

with the text this small, there is no wonder why geezers like wwo have not made their way to this website
Aki

Post by Aki »

I love this site. It's got the right mix of terrible and shit.
grim

Post by grim »

Fucking hate it when I accidentally edit someone's post instead of quoting.
toxyn

Post by toxyn »

falcon wrote:
toxyn wrote:Thank you headhunter. It will look better after this weekend. It's my own fault things are still a work in progress, but I'll continue to do what I can when I can.
2 quick suggestions, Embed a better, mythish font on headings, the current arial looks ugly. &, use a myth background over the solid black.
The site is good and we would love to use it.
Definitely. Background and heading fonts are definitely part of the changes I've been working on.
toxyn

Post by toxyn »

par73 wrote:with the text this small, there is no wonder why geezers like wwo have not made their way to this website
There's a font size adjuster in the forum at the top right, above he FAQ, Members, etc links. This is the first I've heard of it being a problem for someone. I'll look at making it larger if too many people have trouble with it. If the text is too small for you on the main part of the site, then I can only say you need glasses and need to learn the zoom in/out key combo for your browser.
toxyn

Post by toxyn »

Aki wrote:I love this site. It's got the right mix of terrible and shit.
Thanks for the useful input :roll:
toxyn

Post by toxyn »

grimshoulddie wrote:I haven't actually posted until now, grimcock. guest is right though, the requirements for the password are ridiculous, so ridiculous I'll probably never post here again because I will neither remember the CIA super secret yankeedoodle pw I was required to create nor be motivated to do it all over again. Anyone else excited for season 3 of game of thrones? I sure am.
Here's what I do: save the password in my browser and/or in a text file and/or in my password manager app. Change password X amount of times every month/week/whatever.

Password requirements aren't going to change just because 2-3 people are too lazy to include both numbers and letters in their password.
par73

Post by par73 »

toxyn wrote:
par73 wrote:with the text this small, there is no wonder why geezers like wwo have not made their way to this website
There's a font size adjuster in the forum at the top right, above he FAQ, Members, etc links. This is the first I've heard of it being a problem for someone. I'll look at making it larger if too many people have trouble with it. If the text is too small for you on the main part of the site, then I can only say you need glasses and need to learn the zoom in/out key combo for your browser.

Nice, now if only I didn't have to re-log 8 times to post this message.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

I see all the effort you're putting in, well done Tox.
toxyn

Post by toxyn »

par73 wrote:
toxyn wrote:

Nice, now if only I didn't have to re-log 8 times to post this message.
Are you still having problems with cookies? I sent you a PM a little while back asking if you were still having trouble after fixing an issue with cookies. I've since browsed the site on both a windows machine (running 7) and my macbook pro, using all the popular browsers (w/ no plugins installed) -- never had a problem losing cookie data. What's your setup? Do you have any custom settings for handling cookies, or ad blocking plugins, etc? Even if you are using your browser's private mode, there shouldn't be any problems. I'll do what I can to help, but I've exhausted about every possible cause for your issue on my end.
toxyn

Post by toxyn »

NewMutator wrote:I see all the effort you're putting in, well done Tox.
Thank you. Things are still a work in progress, appreciate your input and patience.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

toxyn wrote: Password requirements aren't going to change just because 2-3 people are too lazy to include both numbers and letters in their password.
You really should alternatively allow passphrases though. They are provably more secure than even random digits or common password requirements (mixed case, numbers) which are very easy to brute force with common substitution tables. i.e. almost everyone will just capitalize a first letter, add a symbol or number to the end, replace e->3, i->1, etc. Passphrases are a much better solution.
toxyn

Post by toxyn »

That's true. However, we're at the mercy of phpBB when it comes to user authentication. Off the top of my head, I think a mod for phpbb would have to be built for something like this.
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

grim smells, but the site is tight
toxyn

Post by toxyn »

Milk Man wrote:I have to re-login every time too.
What browser? Any special settings? Happens every time you browse to a different page on the site (doesn't matter if you're on the forums or not)?
Aki

Post by Aki »

i have to re-login every time i restart my computer.

firefox, default settings i guess
toxyn

Post by toxyn »

To those of you having issues with getting logged out: I've changed some settings around and still continue to not be able to re-produce the problem. Please clear out your browser data and try logging back in. Reply back if you are still having issues.

Edit: If you are browsing via a proxy / have a dynamic ip: please let me know this information as well. Anything to help narrow possible causes down is helpful.

Aki -- That may always be the case when rebooting. We have persistant logins ("Remember Me") turned off. Also, check your privacy settings in Firefox, what do you have selected for the 'Keep Cookies Until' option? Are there any other privacy options you have on/off that might cause this (e.g. always browse in private mode, etc)? What version of FFox are you on?
grim

Post by grim »

I have to relogin every time I log out. What's up with that? Fuck.
falcon

Post by falcon »

That's controlled thru Session/Cookies of PhpBB admin as I reckon. There is no checkbox of 'keep me signed in' or 'remember me' - only, 'hide my online status'
toxyn

Post by toxyn »

It's in phpbb's security config. It determines whether or not to allow users persistant logins (the "Remember Me" login option). The hiding status thing is a user configurable item in your user control panel.
SeekerAntiVegan

My thread has lead to a better forum.

Successful thread.
par73

Post by par73 »

ok, listen,

ive had to relogin bla bla shit over 10 times since signing on tonight, had to relog a couple more times just to press the submit button here on the fucken screen that does not submit anything i post. i can't even quote whatever you said due to this fruity loops website. in regards to something about a 'remember me' button but why not just turn it on if people are having issues... why have it turned off in the first place?

sometimes after logging in the forum will lose all code and just be basic crap, that is when i think it logs me out instead of keeping me logged in

i use firefox and windows xp

par73

Post by par73 »

thank you for addressing my request ! I have not been logged out since [the save automatically was put into place].
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

This feels a little floppy
Arzenic

Post by Arzenic »

stop touching yourself
enculator

Post by enculator »

can the gjol be a flop if arzenic posted a message?
yes I think so.
par73

Post by par73 »

i'm pretty sure any forum with a legitimate post from arzenic is quite the nonflop
SeekerAntiVegan

THIS FORUM IS NOW DEAD AGAIN.

MAKE IT LIVE GRIM
grim

Post by grim »

NEED SOMEONE TO HOST A TOURNAMENT THAT'S THE ONLY NATURAL WAY AND PEOPLE SHOULD ACTUALLY LIKE SPREAD THE WORD THIS PLACE EXIST OH AND OTHERS CAN KEEP POSTING ARTICLES TOO
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

I shall host the "I hate grim" tournament.

It will be a kickball 2 team tournament from the players that turn up every week. The last player picked chooses 1st map, the 2nd to last picks 2nd map etc. You only win the tournament if you aren't called grim.

Also no americans
grim

Post by grim »

Nobody likes Dantski.
liger

Post by liger »

no one uses this site anymore its trash