TWS13 Tournament Recap: Team GKG is "Champs"

General discussion forum for TWS2013
par73

TWS13 Tournament Recap: Team GKG is "Champs"

Post by par73 »

So the QR rounds went into the playoffs with a blaze (and after a short delay due to holiday). there was an upset in the first round of elimination with team dantski (6 seed) taking out team ratking (3 seed). all the other higher seeds in the first round won their matches. semi finals saw team dantski "upsetting" team zak (2 seed), and team gkg (1 seed) taking out team limp (4 seed). both matches in the second round of eliminations went 3-2. the finals saw team gkg taking the victory in a blaze of fire and glory; they did not allow team dantski to have a chance at winning past game 5, they won the same number of games as their opponent's seed number, and continued to play respectfully (as did team dantski) till all 7 games were finished and played. Analytics across the myth universe are juicily waiting for newmutator to cover the matches on youtube.

a few minor end notes here by the TO in regards to
1) "asmo captaining the worst overall team in the tournament" fiasco
2) tournament integrity

zak wrote:He chose the players, he traded for worse ones, and then actively sabotaged his team by talking shit to them and about them. The only one to blame for that team is Asmo. Is this the first time he did bad captaining a team in a draft tournament? How about the last one? He got 3rd out of 4th. His team must have been AWFUL for that to happen.
well seeing as how the team that got 4th was ranked #1 with blowout victories until week3 (when we had 2 key players missing and no replacements available, thus me+arz against the world) his team wasn't that awful at all. in fact in a 4 team myth2 tournament in 2012, teams are much less likely to be awful in comparison to an 8 team myth 2 tournament in 2013.
Asmo wrote:
I did do bad in last draft tournament and it's the same reason Paris did bad in this one. When you are hosting a tournament you sacrifice your personal success for the overall success of the tournament and enjoyment of the players. The same way that Paris drafted Kush and Dom I drafted Funky (when he just started playing) and somnus knowing they probably wouldn't get playing time on other teams.
This is not only true, but originally when the names for captains were being picked from a hat for draft order, guess who was first? Me. I told my faithful name picker to put my name back in the hat and start again.

this would have changed the entire team structure of the tournament no doubt, but i still would have picked random cats toward the end of my latter draft picks.

page 4 of this thread is hilarious and made this entire tournament worth it

congratulations to team GKG, champions of this years winter series. 2nd place to team dantski, that isn't that bad at all round of applause. 3rd place goes to team limp, excellent job boys. 4th goes to team zak, im sure you'll all do great work in mwc. 5th to ghengis, they put in good effort. 6th to team ratking, the upset of the first round playoffs saw their opponents going to the finals i bet they wish they could have stuck around. 7th to my team, goods jobs guys, thanks to those who showed up when they could. 8th to team asmo, if u guys didn't trade drunken u would have been foolish so bravo.

big thanks to my faithful name picker from hat girl, you're a doll babe. more big thanks to grim and toxyn who finally started answering and complying with pm's even though they first responded like computers that look at an image but can't build any conclusions or ideas from it. myrk big thanks to all the team captains. you all did a great job each and every one of you, and your personalities and decision making helped make for a great overall experience for participants in this tournament. thanks to asmo for running the first draft system tournament and giving me some basic framework to copy/paste and implement. thanks to mariusnet for hosting myth 2 and thanks to OM for being aroudn to check for logins which I didn't do once in this tournament but he always has that option available for me. thanks to my team for showing up when they could, it was a great time once we finally got everyone on the roster present for a match, that was my goal for the tournament and I am satisfied. more thanks, for all the participants and supporters of this tournament and those who spoke of a draft-system tournament long ago but never got to see it actualized. maybe you will return one day to taste a piece of your creation.
there you have it folks, that wraps up this tournament.

my computer crashed the other day. when it was recovered I did not have myth installed and I don't plan on reinstalling it for a while.

toodles
drunken_deer

Re: TWS13 Tournament Recap: Team GKG is "Champs"

Post by drunken_deer »

sorry paris, but why do you have my name down for zaks quote?
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Good post and thanks for hosting the tournament Paris. I criticized you during the tournament but it was all for good intentions so the tournament would run smoothly <3.

He probably put your name down in place of zak's because you are both equally retarded so either name works.
Zak

Post by Zak »

lol paris wants to give us 4th to piss me off, whatever

team zak beat both tournament finalists.
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

thisforumsucks wrote:lol paris wants to give us 4th to piss me off, whatever

team zak didn't beat either tournament finalist outside the QR
fixed
Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Good games everyone!

I'm hanging up the captain hat for good. Been there too long, now I just want to play. Looking forward to a fun and successful mwc.

A final congrats to gkg and his team
Zak

Post by Zak »

Myrk wrote:

team zak didn't beat either tournament finalist outside the QR
fixed

LOL u mad?
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

thisforumsucks wrote: team zak beat both tournament finalists.
But zak you never beat team GKG when I was present ;)
Zak

Post by Zak »

punkUser wrote:
thisforumsucks wrote: team zak beat both tournament finalists.
But zak you never beat team GKG when I was present ;)
Its okay they had asmodian subbing for you
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

thisforumsucks wrote: Its okay they had asmodian subbing for you
You mean for EJ I assume... I am but a lowly 3... not even worthy of a sub.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I only subed 3 of those games im pretty sure and for EJ not Punkuser.
Zak

Post by Zak »

In that case I call for GKG to be stripped of his TWS title for cheating in his match vs team zak
∑√¡£ Jake

Post by ∑√¡£ Jake »

thisforumsucks wrote:In that case I call for GKG to be stripped of his TWS title for cheating in his match vs team zak

???????
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

thisforumsucks wrote:LOL u mad?
Zak

Post by Zak »

Myrk wrote:
thisforumsucks wrote:LOL u mad?
This is some avant garde trolling!
par73

Post by par73 »

thread should be named, care factor released
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Asmo wrote:Good post and thanks for hosting the tournament Paris. I criticized you during the tournament but it was all for good intentions so the tournament would run smoothly <3.

He probably put your name down in place of zak's because you are both equally retarded so either name works.
Calling me a retard just makes me in comparison to you still makes me look like a fucking genius.
par73

Post by par73 »

drunken_deer wrote:
Asmo wrote:Good post and thanks for hosting the tournament Paris. I criticized you during the tournament but it was all for good intentions so the tournament would run smoothly <3.

Calling me a retard just makes me in comparison to you still makes me look like a fucking genius.
good lord
Vantobia

Post by Vantobia »

Lol drunk sounded like he had been smashing some tinnies.

Thanks Par for the Tourney, even if I didnt hear you on vent doing your sasper impression.
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

drunken_deer wrote:Calling me a retard just makes me in comparison to you still makes me look like a fucking genius.
>Calling me a retard just makes me in comparison to you still makes me look like a fucking genius
>just makes me in comparison to you still makes me look like a fucking genius
>makes me in comparison to you still makes me

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Vantobia wrote:Lol drunk sounded like he had been smashing some tinnies.

Thanks Par for the Tourney, even if I didnt hear you on vent doing your sasper impression.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBUGdpmkOwA[/youtube]

WOGS= Mediteranian background or abbreviated means Workers of government LOL
Vantobia

Post by Vantobia »

I am an Aussie clog wog