Myth II CD Giveaway

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
headhunter

Myth II CD Giveaway

Post by headhunter »

Zagon had a great idea today.

We should make copies of the Myth ii cd (along with directions to mariusnet and other basic information) and leave them places like comic book shops, coffee shops, etc.
wwo

Re: Myth II CD Giveaway

Post by wwo »

Some people might claim otherwise, but Myth has a fucking steep initial learning curve. A collection of articles and tutorials should be included. Maybe even a list of players that newbs can contact for help.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

learning curve is very overrated in myth 2 imo(for an experienced gamer anyways), but the tutorials and contact info would be a good idea.
par73

Post by par73 »

I feel the main issue with Myth's learning curve, when thinking about player patterns, is the lack of opportunities for a players growth. If the player wants to learn how to play the multiplayer, they'll simply dry out with a lack of exposure to gameplay and logging on to sit in the lobby for 30 minutes with 0 games or players available and logging off.

This relies on old players returning and logging on and interacting with the learners. Scenarios created such as scheduled competitive play or an active medium-large group meeting daily at specific times, can help in this absent learning curve issue. Some are critical of Akira joining Overdose's "n00bs" tournament, but I think he gave his opponents a challenging scenario they may not quite be able to give one another otherwise.
shinco

Post by shinco »

My laptop doesn't even have a CD drive.

shinco

Last bumped by Anonymous on 31 Oct 2020, 03:53.