No clear winner, many clear losers, 2019 MWC

Start putting your team together today!
Homer

No clear winner, many clear losers, 2019 MWC

Post by Homer »

SD is over and RK's team wins 2-0.

The simple truth is, winning doesn't always feel good, and the manner of a win does matter. I know this because I would often crush Ghengis growing up in NHL 93 on SEGAaaahhh, but that was because I removed his goalie. By the time he figured out how to use the option settings and pause game I would also have his controller unplugged. He was a born gamer at the age of four already using video games to self soothe. So I had to take matters into my own hands, and beat the shit out of him physically for embarrassing me in front of myself.

Now of-course I didn't feel good about winning those games, because I won in an underhanded way. But sometimes we take what we can get.

You might be tempted to feel bad for the players of MWC 2019 because they are still here talking about M2SBR like a bunch of fucking dweebs 20 years later, arguing over maps, and strategy, and past wins. But don't mind them, they are in their glory, and each person has their lot in life.

They didn't choose this necessarily but it was a path they started walking down long ago and now we can never get away from it.

Ya see, we're all skilled at something that doesn't fucking matter to the world anymore, that things is Myth. The world has moved on to advanced RPG's, first person shooters and DOTA 2. Soon virtual reality. But once you've invested 20 years of your life into something that only a few people in the entire earth still even give a shit about, you've really really got to cling to it and double down on your investment like some insane asshole.

No one does this better than Ratking, as he mindlessly self-glorifies his win here on the 4 team tournament we just had where he beat some subs in a SD match, an SD match he himself perpetuated by leaving with the rest of his team early (without consent) during the real finals match.

Now I'm not an official Myth referee but that seems a bit like a conflict of interest for the other team who never got a say in their original finals, and then a bit egotistical to celebrate the manner of victory. But far be it from me to judge him, angry masturbating only leads to more angry masturbating in my experience and we all need real positivism in our lives from time to time. We all need a win to get through it all, this crazy thing called life.

In any event, a great rivalry was created this MWC, between NC and Rat's rat's. Also between Renwood and the entire myth community. These rivalries and resentments may just be enough with luck to propel us into another year of banter and pettiness come 2020 if we haven't been hit by an asteroid, in which case Renwood will be in some bunker somewhere eating cold chili and saying I told you so on GOS server to an empty room since we're all dead now and no one will have a retort. But the truth is Renwood, sometimes its better to die with everyone than live another 10 years in a bunker alone.

In conclusion, why the fuck did timezone change from CDT for 20 games to EST in one SD match? Why did we ever use CDT to begin with? Even people who live in CDT prefer to use EST or PCT because they know no one gives a shit about what happens in the middle of the country or what time it is there. This stuff is what keeps me up at night and I hope a asteroid does hit us soon.
In the end the only comet that matters is the real comet. Remember that you self proclaimed myth "champions".
Homer

Re: No clear winner, many clear losers, 2019 MWC

Post by Homer »

GO fuck yourself Homer, you're just mad cause you missed the match.

NO you go fuck yourself, I had read the forum for scheduling but I have more important things on my mind
and the timezone switch was random and it was an easy mistake to make.