Servers down

Gate of Storms (GoS) is a metaserver (lobby) for Myth II Soulblighter multiplayer where you can play online with friends and strangers alike for free.
Ether

Servers down

Post by Ether »

Anyone else lurking because the server is down?
Iron Butterfly

Re: Servers down

Post by Iron Butterfly »

Punk User finally pulled the plug, it's all over.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Ha nope, I think it was rebooted by the hosting provider for security updates. Restarted it and it's up again now.
garnish

Post by garnish »

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 2.10.25 PM.jpg
garnish

Post by garnish »

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 2.12.20 PM.jpg
ww2decoy 2

Post by ww2decoy 2 »

it says my account is already in use
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

server is most definitely still down
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Should be back up.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

punkUser wrote:Should be back up.
How do I change my login password? I just have the default one when I was given my userid # but now I'm trying to use it and it won't work.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

You don't have a GoS "password", just a token. Go here and log in via Steam to check what it is at any time: http://www.gateofstorms.net/account/.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

punkUser wrote:You don't have a GoS "password", just a token. Go here and log in via Steam to check what it is at any time: http://www.gateofstorms.net/account/.
Yeah thats what I meant, is there any way to change that?
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

No... there shouldn't be a need to "change" it. Again, it's a token not a password. Your Steam password is your real password.

If you want to use a different account you can of course log in to a different Steam account.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Its always the same password. What if someone hacks it? Or "token" I guess. I type my login name "u#####" in and the same "token" each time. If someone else guesses it, because there isn't much to it, then what?
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

There's enough entropy there that no one should be able to just straight up "guess" it; it's actually far more secure than most passwords that people can remember anyways.

If you have evidence that you accidentally told someone it in your drunken state or something (why you would memorize it in the first place is beyond me...), it's possible to regenerate on the server side. Just not something I'm gonna do every day for people as it shouldn't be a common occurrence.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

punkUser wrote:There's enough entropy there that no one should be able to just straight up "guess" it; it's actually far more secure than most passwords that people can remember anyways.

If you have evidence that you accidentally told someone it in your drunken state or something (why you would memorize it in the first place is beyond me...), it's possible to regenerate on the server side. Just not something I'm gonna do every day for people as it shouldn't be a common occurrence.

Me drunken? No this is how I always am. I memorize everything, why wouldn't I? Its my login password so obviously I'm going to remember what it is for when I log in.