GoS API

Gate of Storms (GoS) is a metaserver (lobby) for Myth II Soulblighter multiplayer where you can play online with friends and strangers alike for free.
garnish

GoS API

Post by garnish »

Hello PunkUser,

Could you tell us a little about what is available for consumption.

For reference, the status json file
http://metaserver.gateofstorms.net:8080/status.json
Seeker

Re: GoS API

Post by Seeker »

I developed a bot using the API.

https://github.com/DiscoBotDev/GoSBot
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

That's pretty much all that is exposed right now - the equivalent of what it shows on the Metaserver page. If there's other data that would be useful let me know and I'll see about adding it.
garnish

Post by garnish »

Hello PunkUser,

I had a thought. Could you share the code for one of your tournament-specific areas?

Like, organization of stats/etcetera

Perhaps Myrgard could handle the logistical side of displaying tournament-specific data going forward.

We will definitely need it for MWC'18 but in mean time, I could learn how to do it with FFA League from earlier in the year, The Garnish Gala right now and whatever tourney happens in the Spring.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

It's basically exactly what you see on the tourney pages. I'm not sure what you mean by "handle the logistical side of displaying tournament-specific data" - there's no logistics for this other than adding the games by ID, something which I can (and do) already just give the TO access to do. If you guys want a tourney set up, just ask - that's quite easy for me to do and I happily do it for any serious requests.

Thus while I could potentially provide an API to query this data, I'm not sure how much there is to be gained by just showing exactly the same data on a different web site. Perhaps there was some different piece of data you were looking for? Not entirely sure what you are trying to accomplish here.
garnish

Post by garnish »

I was not sure how much work it was for you to add a tournament. Or, how much of it is scripted.

FFA League 2017 is not up there. We are entering QR2 of The Garnish Gala.

If there is anything I can do to help get those two tournaments listed with the organized stats, I am willing to help!
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

FFA league isn't there because MM wanted to do his own scoring or whatever this year. If you just want the list of all the games, just post the weeks and game IDs and I can add them pretty quickly. Same with your tourney (which I can also give you access to add your own).

[Edit] Actually there may be one or two loose ends on the new site with other folks adding games that I need to sort out, but in the mean time just send me the IDs and I can add stuff.
par73

Post by par73 »

garnish if you still have the gameids for your events you should archive them on the tournaments subpage of gateofstorms.net :P