Myth series Speedrunning

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

Myth series Speedrunning

Post by Nihilist Comedy Hour »

Hello. Got the series added to speedrun.com since it's basically what I've been doing. I'm supermod for the game over there. I haven't quite finished everything, but most important elements are up there now.

I'm going to fill up all those categories for sure, but I never mind competition. :twisted:

If anyone is vaguely interested, I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.
garnish

Re: Myth series Speedrunning

Post by garnish »

Is proof of the speedrun simply done with a screen recording?
Nihilist Comedy Hour

Yes. There a number of different ways to go about it, just depending on what your set up is.

But in general, just a video of the recording is needed. Since I'm the only one to be verifying this, a timer would be really useful (like LiveSplit). It helps me make sure Fear and Loathing hasn't been adjusted without anyone having to pull that up every time to show it.
HMP

Post by HMP »

Looks like your observer physics constants are slowing you down.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

Constantly. The rate of being able to scroll across the map, and zoom out, are basically the two largest limitations.

Optimally, one would could a near camera scroll through some clever use of keyboard and mouse skills, but it's hard when also trying to adjust speed, rotate, and zoom when necessary.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

What is this? Beating a game as fast as possible using F2? Because Hadiez and I own all the records for every M2 Coop played at normal speed (played online).
Hadzenegger

Post by Hadzenegger »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:What is this? Beating a game as fast as possible using F2? Because Hadiez and I own all the records for every M2 Coop played at normal speed (played online).
We can confirm this with mariusnets records and videos/screenshots (assuming Krok still has em lul) of how fast we beat every map. No saves/loads, all done online, no tampering of the maps using fear&loathing

But I guess maybe you could consider this a different category cause it's map by map and not a full consecutive myth run
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:What is this? Beating a game as fast as possible using F2? Because Hadiez and I own all the records for every M2 Coop played at normal speed (played online).
You phaggots wasted so many hours too. Jesus.....
par73

Post by par73 »

Nihilist Comedy Hour wrote:Constantly. The rate of being able to scroll across the map, and zoom out, are basically the two largest limitations.

Optimally, one would could a near camera scroll through some clever use of keyboard and mouse skills, but it's hard when also trying to adjust speed, rotate, and zoom when necessary.
You can change your camera speeds via observer constants in fear, and speed them up to your liking.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

Sorry for the late reply! I made different categories for each, such as this.

Solo - F2 function
Solo - No F2 function
Coop - (Since it's Coop, obviously F2 isn't an option)

Just made since to set different categories for since they are clearly way different.

I also set up ranking based on the same categories for each individual level.

And also for each difficulty setting.

So basically every conceivable way the game can be speedran (outside modification).

If you got records, please send my times, films, pictures, ranking, anything at all. I'd be happy to put times up on the board (or show you how if you prefer) if I can verify. Films would be best, obviously, and I can I post any online if need be to help verification.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

Hadzenegger wrote:
We can confirm this with mariusnets records and videos/screenshots (assuming Krok still has em lul) of how fast we beat every map. No saves/loads, all done online, no tampering of the maps using fear&loathing

But I guess maybe you could consider this a different category cause it's map by map and not a full consecutive myth run
If they weren't basically played back to back (which is brutal, timid by myself takes just about 3 hours, and I haven't even got a good legendary one yet to post), then they would still qualify as independent levels for sure. I'd love to put your times up and such, so PM or let me know the best way to go about it, or whatever works easiest for you guys.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

par73 wrote:
Nihilist Comedy Hour wrote:Constantly. The rate of being able to scroll across the map, and zoom out, are basically the two largest limitations.

You can change your camera speeds via observer constants in fear, and speed them up to your liking.
Uh, I'm definitely going to check that out for sure. If it's workable, I'll definitely have to put that is the Misc category runs.
HMP

Post by HMP »

Doesn't really make sense to separate it for modified camera speeds, they are no different from custom formations. I'm sure nearly everyone who plays uses custom formations, and most use modified camera. Its not a game play modification so the films will run exactly the same as with default camera/formations.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

HMP wrote:Doesn't really make sense to separate it for modified camera speeds, they are no different from custom formations. I'm sure nearly everyone who plays uses custom formations, and most use modified camera. Its not a game play modification so the films will run exactly the same as with default camera/formations.
I don't know. Even games with updated resolutions can be problematic because something like being able to see the entirety of the map would be a huge advantage over the intended gameplay. I mean, if I can zoom out far enough to see the entire map, I could probably get my Timid fullgame run down to 15 minutes instead of 23. On Legendary though, it probably wouldn't even be able to useful, as their aren't very many instances where you can pull off trying to walk across the map at faster than 8x/16x. If just generally allowed instead of being some sort of Misc thing, it would nice to have like one plugin that would allow for some sort of consistency among different players.

On films it wouldn't really matter. Because in the in-game film function of the Myth series, it doesn't record F1/F2 manipulation. (The only way to submit an AnySpeed run would to record live the actual gameplay). And since it doesn't really affect anything outside of Timid/Simple gameplay, I could see the case for allowing observer camera changes.

I haven't even really considered custom formations. I have stipulated in the rules yet, but generally allow plugins that just alter the graphics (even though I run the game on basic graphics myself for speedruns).
Nihilist Comedy Hour

Now that I think about, submitting any solo in-game films is sort of problematic. One could make a series of save states basically to make a film, which would be sort of antithetical to the premise of a speedrun. That would basically be like a TAS.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

Maybe if they are done in TCP/IP? I'm not sure there is a way to show in the in-game film that it's done on TCP/IP instead of in-game, unless if someone submits a run, I'll have to record it and hit F7 before I upload to YouTube, showing the player name instead of "Light" or whatever it says in Solo.

Ultimately, the load times shouldn't matter much. I will eventually add "real time w/o loads" "real time w/ loads" and "in-game time" giving priority to real time w/o loads.

There are more considerations here when it comes to verifying then I keep thinking; but given the length of time it's been since some of these runs were likely made, I will likely work with what I can be given for sure.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I honestly don't know why anyone would really want to waste their time doing speed runs offline by themselves using F2. There are too many variables that could potentially be altered. Only way is to verify each game by watching someone's livestream or something. Online Coop is really the only way to prove the proper times.

See screenshots below. For security sake and for sake of our strategies being copied, films will not be included. Only one that is missing from this group is Hadiez' solo win of Landing at White Falls (glitch win).

https://imgur.com/a/ZgmtU
Nihilist Comedy Hour

These photos should work. I will work to alter the leader boards in such a way to include "in-game timing" of these old MDQ runs so they can be properly accounted for. The only thing that kinda sucks is that I can't actually determine what the difficulty setting is, but I take everyone's word for it that all past MDQ's were done on legendary. EDIT: NVM, it says right at the top. :mrgreen:

Also, there's a lot of names in these pictures.

Hennessy
Hadzenegger
Fox Shox
Hadiezomg
Hideiki Matsu
Velociraptor
Big Krok V8 SS
Badger Racing
Father Xmas
Trow Captain (btw, not sure what the Landing of White Falls glitch, but this looks like a solo run? Same for Forge?)
Dark Raped
Crazy Horse
Big Daque V-Jate
Built MWC Tough
dake town
sexcaliber
waywardone
Pogiez
Dewalt (TM)
Kahlal Toad
Johnson/Dale Jr. '12
Tebro
Meatfist Fistington
StalKeR
SopaKilla
LOKI
IDK LOL
LF BOARDER

I mean, the simplest thing to do would be literally use the names in the photos for the "name field" even if there is some overlap there. Getting some of those special characters down correctly might be a little hard, but I'll look into it. If there's any reason I shouldn't use the names as shown, please give me a head's up.

On the bright side, this shows me though I should be able to accept any photo of the game's end condition (F7 shows time and "Victory") for Solo Normal Speeds (so long as done on TCP/IP, otherwise need normal recording to verify it wasn't made with save states) and for Coop, since Co-op can't be saved anyways. And I feel pretty confident that it would incredibly difficult to make a fake photo for game's end condition.

As far as AnySpeed (w/ F2) is concerned, the only real way to confirm this is through actual recorded game play; which is pretty tedious and takes a good graphics card to do, so I could understand why no one would go through the hassle of doing it. I'm not too worried about someone trying to alter units or the maps... I know them pretty well, so trying to speed up archers, or cause their arrows to do more damage or something is going to be easy to catch if a live recording of game play.

Also, I came across this a while back: http://myth.bungie.org/mythmaster/archive/index.html

However, I'm not able to download these films, or at least, I can download the .zip files, but they appear to be corrupted or something? Any help in this matter would be appreciated. I'd be happy to include these times as well assuming I can verify who did them and difficulty setting.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

Welp, just figured out The Forge Bridge Glitch.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I will clarify who the names are:

I am:
BIG KROK V8 SS
Hennessey
Fox Shox
Velociraptor
Trow Captain
Dewalt
Johnson/Dale Jr. '12
LF Boarder
Built MWC Tough
IDK LOL

Hadiez is:
Hadzenegger
Hadiezomg
Hideiki Matsui
Badger Racing
Pogiez
Tebro

Anyone outside of these names was maybe an accomplice in 2-3 of the games played.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

Alright cool. I'm working to get the timer situation set up correctly so I can integrate the in-game timing and such without messing stuff up. As soon as I straiten all that out, update the rules appropriately, I will add on all the runs (and for the extra individuals, I will use their name as is.)

I guess I should probably ask what dates these were done on? (I mean, the year would be fine, but if you know the rough dates, that works too).

Also, given the date, what version would you have been playing on? I assume there appears to be no real difference in terms of speedrunning any v1.3+.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

Krok, I've pretty gotten everything set up correctly now. I'm ready to upload your times, I'm just wondering what the rough time frame it is they were generally produced (year is fine).
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I renamed the films, which erases out when the games were played. I'd say most were done between 2011 and 2014. Maybe if I look up the files in Explorer it would show when the file was created?

Edit: Just looked them up. 95% of them were done in 2011. Version of Myth would have been 1.7. Definitely nothing pre 1.6. There were some old old old ones done (by other players) on 1.3 and earlier but afterwards the glitches were fixed with patches. There are no known glitches pertaining to the current levels. There are some 'cheats' to manipulate the map/enemy units but they are already scripted into the gameplay (e.g. The Forge bridge).

I have the films of the original MDQ films that were probably done on 1.3 or shortly after. Our Summoner MDQ was 8 minutes faster than the previous record (because we are fucking geniuses of the game).
Nihilist Comedy Hour

Cool, I'm just going to default them 2011. Just didn't want to put today's date or whatever. 1.6 is good to know. I'll probably limit the runs 1.6 and above going forward, unless someone really wants to do v1.5 for some reason. They are all later patches, so I'm sure anything that really matters time-wise was fixed long ago. Simplicity sake.

Yea I noticed a couple of times listed in this M2DQ archive that were a couple seconds faster than the ones you got here, but since I can't actually acquire a picture to verify, let alone a full film, I'm not too concerned about adding them, at least for now.

Just as a side note: I also have Drinking Party and Limbs listed as well, so if you have any past runs of that one or want do to one, I can list that as well. Also M1/M3 are more or less set up in the same fashion if you have times for those. Films/pics definitely have to be of game play in M1/M3, not M1/M3tagsets loaded in M2.

Yeah, it doesn't appear there is any real glitch in any of the runs so far; it's all basically script manipulation. Not like, actually changing the script, but just taking advantage of the script in someway. I guess that maybe the Forge bridge might be considered a glitch, since the unit is sort of clipping through a model somehow, but the "glitch" on Ermine is just pure taking advantage of a shoddy scripting (I got mine down to 30 seconds, but for the life of me I can't figure out how that extra second gets shaved away. 8-) ). In any case, they are all allowed in my mind for now, but I doubt another will ever be found. Although, I shouldn't say never... glitches get found to this day on NES games, so.

In any case, I'll try to get all your runs submitted tonight, and I'll let ya know when it's all up.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Yeah I don't think we ever seriously attempted Drinking Party and Limbs. Both would be pretty tough time wise. Drinking party is just a pain in the ass to play.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:Yeah I don't think we ever seriously attempted Drinking Party and Limbs. Both would be pretty tough time wise. Drinking party is just a pain in the ass to play.
Limbs is worth trying for sure. It's fun. Drink Party is a pain in the ass... takes me 9 minutes even using F2 freely, mainly because it appears you basically have to kill every deer on the map for victory condition, exploding or not.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Yeah Limbs would definitely be one with a lot of work. Drinking party could be as well, if it comes to getting the quickest time, but its just really monotonous to play.
drunken

Post by drunken »

Let me know what your times are , I will try and beat them. I done numerous speed runs but never actually bothered to record them cause who gives a shit this day and age.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

drunken wrote:Let me know what your times are , I will try and beat them. I done numerous speed runs but never actually bothered to record them cause who gives a shit this day and age.
They all be listed here!

https://www.speedrun.com/myth2/individual_levels
drunken

Post by drunken »

https://www.speedrun.com/myth2/Willow_C ... o_AnySpeed can you explain how 0 minutes and 12 seconds you beat a game where it takes twelve seconds to march your starting units down the hill?

also where are the films? You have no proof therefore your claims are invalid and a lie.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

So, apparently he is counting in terms of real life seconds, and uses F2 in order to beat the levels as quickly as possible. There is really no way to confirm this aside from viewing a Livestream of him when he is playing the game. All films can be played back as 64x anyway, and its virtually impossible for anyone to know if cheats or anything were used.

That is why the Online Coop games are legit because there is no altering the scenario and it is based on game time at 1.0x speed. I personally don't see the appeal in someone trying to just beat a map as quickly as possible using F2, and furthermore having no way to really verify the claims anyway.
drunken

Post by drunken »

Even if he is using real life seconds kirk, I clicked on willow creek on his website as a base example. twelve seconds in "real life time" is still is not enough time to finish that map. a more realistic number is like seven/eight minutes and thats being very generous if you are lucky not making duds agaist ghasts. Considering the ghasts come from North, North East and East from my knowledge there is no way to camp and quickly destroy all the packs at once with only 1 dwarf and a handful of warriors that can be frozen.

Also lets not forget there is no % of casualties shown, I mean I would say ten seconds less from a player with 100% forces remaining is a far far better play than someone rushing and finishing with 10% imho even if its a speedrun.

Far as Im concerned he is full of shit
Nihilist Comedy Hour

drunken wrote:https://www.speedrun.com/myth2/Willow_C ... o_AnySpeed can you explain how 0 minutes and 12 seconds you beat a game where it takes twelve seconds to march your starting units down the hill?

also where are the films? You have no proof therefore your claims are invalid and a lie.
Um, there's a film attached to every time; you just click on it. Exp.

https://www.speedrun.com/run/zn81vo8z
Nihilist Comedy Hour

Some side notes:

- Man, after practicing a ton, it's legit hard as hell to run this game on Legendary. I mean, a single level isn't so bad, but to get through all 24 levels in one sitting would be a feat in and of itself, considering the number of times you are likely to die and have to reset, adding 10 minutes at a time. I'll probably trying to test out it out in Normal in the next week or so to see if it is even remotely more plausible atm.

- If anyone is interested in trying a full run of the game but you can't record or stream video on your computer, I'd like be willing to sit in on said attempt where I can record as observer (or player, though I suck. :mrgreen:)

- I don't worry too much about cheating in any category, let alone anyspeed because it would be a.) significantly easier to catch someone in a full video as opposed to a screengrab of in-game time from a co-op game. A Co-op game doesn't really prevent cheating because anyone two or more people could share a custom plug-in. If it was really that big of a concern, could just require a player to show their "local" folder was empty and that their plugins were all disabled. b.) as far as co-op games are concerned, I got a good eye for photo shop jobs, and I have all the historical times I could find cataloged. So I got a good sense of what's even roughly plausible for each level. I.E. if someone submitted a Through the Ermine score of 21 seconds, I'd be like... :roll: c.) no one cares enough about this game anymore to bother.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

HMP wrote:Doesn't really make sense to separate it for modified camera speeds, they are no different from custom formations. I'm sure nearly everyone who plays uses custom formations, and most use modified camera. Its not a game play modification so the films will run exactly the same as with default camera/formations.
So I got a chance to play around with this, and I agree that there's no sense in making a separate category for modified camera speed-- mostly because the only really useful element in increased panning speed is only conceivably useful in anyspeed, which doesn't have much expressed interest anyway, and it would only really help to maybe shave a couple seconds. I haven't really gotten the right values down to serve it much use to me yet. Also you can't zoom out indefinitely, which is sort of the bigger deal, if it was possible.

Similarly custom formations seem fine to me... the only real concern I have about it is how it might affect AI unit movements. Exp:

All units start in fixed locations. However, Myth scripting requires formations in order to move Dark units. Grouped starts in one location, moves to another location on trigger, to do so using the formations feature. If the formation being referenced, for example Box "5", is altered in Fear, wouldn't this change the formations the Dark units use as well? Similarly if the game is recorded, it's hard to imagine the units wouldn't move to exact coordinates they were moved using custom formations but I haven't tested this.
drunken

Post by drunken »

the answer is no, the enemy formations in coop do not change as the Ai is already scripted otherwise I would of seen this ages ago.

Secondly now I understand how you got that rediculous number, though I dont even know why you would max speed the game for a result instead of just using gate of storms. The server saves your game so long as your in a lobby with the word "film" written under the header. which can be seen by all and downloaded and watched just like most players do when wanting to watch mwc games from other matches.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

drunken wrote:the answer is no, the enemy formations in coop do not change as the Ai is already scripted otherwise I would of seen this ages ago.

Secondly now I understand how you got that rediculous number, though I dont even know why you would max speed the game for a result instead of just using gate of storms. The server saves your game so long as your in a lobby with the word "film" written under the header. which can be seen by all and downloaded and watched just like most players do when wanting to watch mwc games from other matches.

Thanks. I was curious about that.

I use F2, generally cause it's faster and introduces a different level of calculus to the mix. That being said, I like doing the game on normal speed as well, even if the maps have for the most part being optimized. Generally, because I run all sorts of games, it's simpler to record and organize things locally.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

If you take your group of warriors and basically click them mid on timid in willow creek, then F2 all the way up to max speed, you can win in roughly 30 seconds. But we're talking offline mode, timid, and something that really can't be recorded unless being watched with Livestream for us to see the clicks and such. But even so, Myth Done Quick (MDQ) while actually playing the levels on Legendary online coop without any changes in gameplay is the true test of it.

The 7th God would be a great MDQ scenario to play. The levels are harder and take even longer than most of the regular M2 maps. TFL is annoying because it was melee heavy and artillery sucked in it, especially if you play in vTFL mode.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:If you take your group of warriors and basically click them mid on timid in willow creek, then F2 all the way up to max speed, you can win in roughly 30 seconds. But we're talking offline mode, timid, and something that really can't be recorded unless being watched with Livestream for us to see the clicks and such. But even so, Myth Done Quick (MDQ) while actually playing the levels on Legendary online coop without any changes in gameplay is the true test of it.

The 7th God would be a great MDQ scenario to play. The levels are harder and take even longer than most of the regular M2 maps. TFL is annoying because it was melee heavy and artillery sucked in it, especially if you play in vTFL mode.
Correct on WC. The only way to speed up past that point is to roughly move the units in such a way that gets them closer to where waves are coming from. On Normal Speed on timid, you kill ghasts fast enough that you more of less have to head directly to the wave spawn points to speed it up. Not sure on Legendary, I'm usually having to run backwards from the waves, no matter the speed. :D

I agree that online Legendary mode is really the most interesting test of gameplay. Although, I'd be super impressed if someone f2 their way through Legendary was any degree of efficiency. Really any full-game run of Legendary would be pretty damn impressive. But optimizing some of the levels on Legendary is definitely more impressive than beating The Wall on Timid in 8 seconds.

Actually, I'm really surprised I forgot to bring this up earlier, but yes, I would be able and willing to create additional some sort of system for allowing well made and popular plugins. Chimera for example. But, I don't really see why pretty much any level or set of levels couldn't be added if there is demand to run it.
drunken

Post by drunken »

The seventh god playthrough, that second level is an absolute nightmare to complete and I would give hats off to anyone beating it on legendary as you just get swarmed and if your going to speedrun the game time increases when you lose the wizards trying to shut the portal.
I can pretty much beat all the other levels.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

I'd be more to happy to more or less make another section for basically all plugins. I'll do it the first time someone has something to submit run wise. Video, in-game video (as long as done on TCP/IP or COOP), or photo of end game. Be sure to hold down F7 for end game condition if you are going with a photo, and be sure that the difficulty level is visible. I'll just go about it on an on demand basis. Once someone submits a run for a given plugin (either on this thread, or on speedrun.com), I'll go ahead and add those levels to the plugins level leaderboard, as well as the runs and such. I'd also be happy to add multi-levels runs for, say, all the maps on a plugin, or whatever, if someone wants to do them. However, those sorts of things would require video and such per the normal rules established for Myth II. I'll probably keep them all normalspeed/coop unless someone actually submits or requests adding the category for F2 option (which I doubt), or if I ever managed to do it myself.

But yeah, I mean, feel free. I'm into it.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Well, when watching a recording of a game, the end game screen with stats will pop up that confirms when the level was won. The time will also display at the same time, and as long as you don't have any units selected, the difficulty will show at the top.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

So I've finally gotten around to Myth TFL. I have a RTA time now of like 1:14, so I'm guessing optimized, it might be around 50 minutes. Interesting I did not take in to account earlier. In the actual TFL software, the speed up of gameplay only goes to 16x as opposed to 64x. I haven't finished a normal speed run yet though because my gfx card tends to be buggy as it is, and I'm not having much luck getting through runs without my game going black.

Most of the levels are pretty straight forward. The ones that are pretty tricky to execute, even though there are on Timid, are:

Force Ten, mostly cause the sheer number of dwarfs and because you need to simultaneously push forward but also defend villagers from a wave of ghouls, who are character locked on attacking villages (and so be annoying to deal with).

Shadow of the Mountain is an interesting one, since you got be around all over the place. I find that sneaking in zerks into the waves of dwarfs and getting them to kill one/another and thrall and such is pretty quick, but you also have to be moving units around near the base, so it's pretty hard to get fast overall.

Heart of Stone is still not entirely clear to me whts happening, lol. Sometimes it goes real fast, and other times I'm lost as to where to go. My presumption is SB is around randomly placed on the map or something, so I haven't learned all the positions.

Sons of Myrgard is excruciating painful. The dwarves are just super prone to murdering themselves. Also, for some reason when I go to the normal exit the game doesn't end, but it does end if I go to the secret level (which sucks cause I waste time going to the secret level and then killing myself).

Road North is a little annoying because of the waves that spawn after the bow is grabbed. They can get in the way something awful, so it makes it slow or risk losing archers.

And that's about it. The rest are pretty straightforward and quick to do.

Still working on doing Legendary levels here and there, but I"m starting to think that the amount of RNG in the game makes a single segment run through of all levels near impossible to do. At least, that would be crazy impressive.
Nihilist Comedy Hour

Hmmm, so I finally bought a copy of Myth III, but the game in single player mode and TCP/IP appears not to have any sort of internal timer. Is that just me not being able to figure something out here, or is there just no accessible internal timer in Myth III entirely?
Nihilist Comedy Hour

Well Fam, it's been a little over 5 years since I first start digging into this. However, I can say at this point, that I've pretty come across nearly all the available and recoverable information regarding Myth Done Quick, or Myth Speedrunning in general. The summation of work is finally up on speedrun.com.

https://www.speedrun.com/myth2

As you can see, as far as runs have been available so far, Krok has really smashed and owned this game in this regard for quite sometime, and I'm happy to see that our efforts in cataloging has motivated him to improve some of these old times, which has not been done in some cases for over a decade.

We also now have a board dedicated to many various plugins this game has accumulated over the years:

https://www.speedrun.com/myth2mods

Besides running the game myself in effort to improve/beat times, I will be exploring soon some content creation regarding this game and speedrun history of it that has been mostly lost to time.

Just want to thank Jeoku, hmp, BigKrok, Jahral Toad, Nemesis, KillerKing for their efforts in helping me recover lost data and helping me break down the mechanics the game and explore how it functions. Honestly, made it a thousand times more plausible to work on.
par73

Post by par73 »

You're welcome. Glad you finally stopped by !
V\JaHRaL TOADV\

Post by V\JaHRaL TOADV\ »

Without the ingame clock on original TFL cds and no available server, can anyone think of a way to post MDQ times for TFL but not as an M2 mod. I wish there was a server that i could join using my TFL game discs. Game play still is real rough but I would like to test my strats on the original. One of the things I noticed is that on The Five Champions there are a lot less souless at the end guarding Alric. I can beat most other levels on TFL but no Victory screen with the time and no server to use. What other options do i have to log the times
V\JaHRaL TOADV\

Post by V\JaHRaL TOADV\ »

All TFL mods on M2 times and films were posted so Thanks NCH!!

https://www.speedrun.com/myth2mods

There is a speedrun discord https://discord.gg/Ffw8rFEJ for both TFL and M2. Feel free to stop by even to leave a joke or insult.

I hope to be adding CWR, Mjolnir and Leggo.

Happy MYTHing guys