Week 1 SUGGESTED Matchups

Hosted by Giant Killer General
Giant Killer General

Week 1 SUGGESTED Matchups

Post by Giant Killer General »

I am making another small rule change to this 1v1 tournament. I will go back to arranging matchups, but these match ups will only be suggested matchups rather than mandatory. So you can still play someone else if the opportunity presents itself. It isn't so important who you play as long as you keep playing someone (so someone will get a loss, and the tournament can progress). Some people prefer having a set opponent, so with this system we can take the best of both worlds.

I may also withdraw myself from the tournament later on if some of higher-end players do not end up registering. I want to give at least another 2 weeks to advertise the 1v1 tournament while mwc is going to see if we can get more people.

There is no rush on completing these matchups for now since we are still waiting on more people to register. But in the meantime while we wait, these are my suggested matchups based on the current list of registered players:

GKG vs Adrenaline
HMP vs Slate
Rawr vs Asmodian
Captain vs Shadow (completed, Shadow over Captain 5-3)
Garnish vs Spoon
Akira vs Lord Scary Owl
Cremisi vs Rodekill
Jahral vs Milk Man
shadow

Re: Week 1 Matchups

Post by shadow »

After match, who and where posting results/films ?
Giant Killer General

Re: Week 1 Matchups

I already requested punkuser to post your match to GoS, shad - it should be up shortly. I will post results here.
Captain

Re: Week 1 SUGGESTED Matchups

Post by Captain »

Captain over Cremisi 5-0
Giant Killer General

very nice milk, but it is first to 5 wins, win by 2. You are 1 win short...
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

Oh whoops I thought it was best of 7...I'll see if I can get him to finish the series.
Giant Killer General

yea, and don't forget the win by 2 requirement as well..keep going until either the win by 2 is achieved by someone, up to a maximum game score of 8-8 (or 16 games total are played) in which case the match is ruled a tie if no one has a 2 win lead yet still.
Giant Killer General

This tournament will extend beyond July 16th. This 1v1 tournament with flexible scheduling isn't nearly as big of a time commitment as MWC. I may disappear for a couple weeks but I will check in from time to time otherwise. So no rush on this one. Keep playing matches at your leisure.

If anyone wants to play me while I am away, just post somewhere here and schedule with me and I can show up then.
Giant Killer General

Nice work shad, but you need to go to at least 5 game wins while still winning by 2 games before it can count as a match win. You are 1 win short still.
Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

some gay rules
shadow kicked him to the curb and it doesn't count because he didn't kick him hard enough
Giant Killer General

no matter how you set it up to define a match win, people could always cut the match too short for whatever reason. what a stupid comment. just more whining / trolling looks like.

if you don't like the rules, then don't play in the tournament. pretty simple. I promise you that I won't care.
akira

Post by akira »

The first to 5 wins, win by 2 is a good way to get a lot of games going.

The really stupid things about this tourney are the lmoth and map restrictions.
Giant Killer General

there are no map or gametype restrictions if you declare what map/gametypes you like to pick ahead of time on the forums so other players are aware of them and can prepare accordingly. Even if you do not declare anything upfront, there are still no map or gametype restrictions as long as your opponent agrees to it during the match. Literally the only restriction is it has to be regular myth.

So I am not sure how any of this is too restrictive. This is all in the rules announcing the tournament if you took the time to read it. This is also a very typical ruleset for a 1v1 tournament. So all this whining, conveniently only from the same few people who are already known haters and trollers, is really pathetic. Don't play in the tournament if you don't like it. Organize your own, seriously. It's getting old.