UPDATE AND TO DO LIST BEFORE START OF TOURNEY

Hosted by Giant Killer General
Giant Killer General

UPDATE AND TO DO LIST BEFORE START OF TOURNEY

Post by Giant Killer General »

I will be out of town and unavailable from Friday, May 19 until Monday, May 29. I return a few days before the 1st week of matches begins on June 3rd. I have tried to get everything lined up as best I can before I go. Here is a quick update:

-We have 3 solid teams that should all have strong showings to make for some interesting matches.

-I have added a 4th team with the remaining players that need a team, with garnish volunteering to help organize it. However, this 4th team is not as well organized or as powerful as the others. Therefore, to help ensure no forfeits and more interesting matches against this team, I am asking for volunteers from the other 3 established teams to also show up and play (if still needed) for this team as well whenever possible. Please see my post in the team registration thread for more on this, and post either there or here to help volunteer for this. I will approve volunteers ahead of time.

-I have given all teams final approval, and verified all player userids to the best of my ability. Any changes to team rosters from here on out have to be done on a player-by-player basis, just let me know.

-I have reviewed and approved the map choices provided by Asmo and included the plugin names and links for the first 2 weeks so those are all set.

-The first 3 weeks of matches will be a round robin. The first week of matches is ROFLMAZZERS (GKG's team) vs Dragon Army (Rat's team), and No Name (LSO's team) vs. The Berserkers (garnish's team, the 4th team)

Here are a few remaining things that still need to be done before the tourney starts:

TO DO LIST

1) Help get the 4th team better organized by notifying its players, adding new players, and getting volunteers from the other 3 established teams (ideally about 2 volunteers from each of the other 3 teams).
2) Get a lot more players registered for the 1v1 tournament that is running parallel to MWC. The target is 16 players. We currently only have 6 players. Help spread the word and recruit more people. Post in that tourney's forum to register. It is a flexible tournament, easy sign-up, easy participation, and open scheduling of matches (at first).
3) Start scheduling with your opponents for the 1st week of matches. The scheduling threads for the first 2 matches are already posted, post in there around a week ahead of time (around May 26-28) to get the scheduling discussions started for the next weekend. Remember that the fallback time every week for everyone is Sunday, 2pm EDT.

Ideally, some major progress is made on each of these items in the time while I am gone so I can quickly wrap up what is left right when I get back, a few days before the tournament starts.

While I am gone, I am putting ASMO in charge to help babysit things and to try to push these 3 things along. However, if others want to take up the mantle and pitch in to help on any of these items, by all means please take the initiative. Just please cooperate with each other while I am gone.
Giant Killer General

Re: UPDATE AND TO DO LIST BEFORE START OF TOURNEY

Due to an unusual number of complaints from 2-3 people on the berserkers team roster about being a cannon fodder team, even after I offered subs, I will be the first to volunteer to help this team out, including captaining if need be. Paris said he would volunteer as well. So there is 2 volunteers so far.
shadow

Post by shadow »

I can sub if needed.
(and if time acceptable)
wwo2

Post by wwo2 »

One thing that will help with the subs for #4 is if they can manage to schedule their matches for after the other 2 teams.
Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

@GKG

since it is technically a 6v6
and we don't want it to be anything like par's "secondaries" roster signups from last mwc
(not saying par is a bad TO, just a bad idea)

shouldn't only 2 volunteers from separate teams show up to play, so its more of the actual berserker team and less of an orgy of the other 2 teams

That way the berserker team feel can be kept and they will have to fight, but they get a little extra manpower from the other 2 teams

I mean we don't want it to be too saturated with non berserker plays
Giant Killer General

It is a 6v6 at minimum, but we want as big of games as possible to allow as many people as possible to play. It isn't good if one team shows with 8+ and another only shows with 6.

I am aware we won't use The Berserkers as a proxy war for the other teams by allowing rampant subs. Ideally what may end up happening is I would be the only non-berserker member so I can organize and captain the team, and then 7 other berserker members can play for 8v8. But if the team is getting crushed too badly, and is short some berserker members, I don't want to artificially limit them from using other players too. This will be a play-by-feel situation. If they can win a match using only me, or 1 other non-berserker member in my absence, I would say that is about as legit of a win as they are going to get.

Ultimately their opponents can deny subs if it gets too rampant, both teams still have to agree. But I don't think we are going to run into this problem with this team because their opponents just want good games and a good team to play against.

Basically these volunteers are just specially arranged subs ahead of time. I would be hesitant to use more than 3 subs, but again, if they are still getting crushed even with all the subs, or the match is already over even, then who cares.
Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

Understandable, and agreeable
I was just afraid it would be like pars double rosters :/
I have been discussing non-added players that could strengthen Garnish's team with Garnish.
Trying to help him bulk up his roster with potential players.
par73

Post by par73 »

Giant Killer General wrote: And LSO - are you seriously asking me why I care about this when you were the one that first expressed concerns about "rampant subbing" like previous paris tournaments? Do you not see how these two issues could easily be related?

it's funny how LSO is so worried and wants to make sure we aren't using a secondary player system similar to the previous mwc (the same system his team benefitted from). Yet similar to the previous MWC, GKG and I have claimed secondary player positions on that garnish rabble team roster. You can go paint it however you want.

That 4th team and it's players have the least motivation to show up. Let's play underdog stacked games 3-7 weeks in a row and hope we get better enough to not get put on the shit biscuit team next year, where our team goal is to win more than one game during the entire duration, sounds like bundles of fun for everyone! Not all of us are masochists like Old-Ducky. I'm willing to believe some would make up excuses to bench themselves or find something better to do with their time just so their teammates could get a high caliber player or two rolling with their squad for the afternoon. I've seen it happen with every "sub system". What can you do though, can't force people to Play Myth.
Giant Killer General

Okay there has been a major change here. Due to recent circumstances with limp's new team (animal kingdom 47) being added, which looks legit, they will be replacing the previous 4th team that was cobbled together (the berserkers). There were only a couple players that actually registered from the berserkers to participate, and none of them seemed keen on showing for the berserker team roster anyway. So anyone still left out, feel free to find a spot on one of the 4 current teams, since they all now have decent rosters and organization now.
par73

Post by par73 »

Good luck to any of the recently eliminated players securing a spot on any of the rosters that already feature over 10 players for an 8 player max per team game. Too hilarious, you've all been benched due to your lack of emphasism for this JWC. Better luck next year!
akira

Post by akira »

is there an overall schedule? or summary of results? or overview of dates for future stages of the tournament? how do we handle disconnects? are we in QR or triple elim right now?