GKG Upset With Larry Wilmore - 'This is not the right way to engage.':

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Seeker

GKG Upset With Larry Wilmore - 'This is not the right way to engage.':

Post by Seeker »

http://www.vox.com/identities/2017/2/18 ... bill-maher

Tut tut Larry. How dare you tell Milo to go fuck himself? That's the wrong way to deal with Milo! He's just a harmless human being who likes to poke fun. It's not like his actions have ever had any real consequences.

Don't you know that you have to have a passionate reasoned argument with someone like Milo Yiannopoulos. You need to be like GKG's idol, Bill Maher, and give him a platform to spew hate speech. It's the only way to ever convince people that they are wrong. Bring them on your show, and then proceed to let them roll over you, because their entire platform is built on them saying provocative and outrageous comments. Meanwhile you can find common agreement on areas like hating the Falcons of the world.

That'll show the world that LIBRULS ARE THE REAL PROBLEM! SEE! LOOK! I HAD A REAL HONEST GOOD CONVERSATION WITH A CONSERVATIVE ACTIVIST! IT JUST REQUIRED ME TO NOT DO ANYTHING RESEMBLING A REAL CHALLENGE!
Giant Killer General

Re: GKG Upset With Larry Wilmore - 'This is not the right way to engage.':

Post by Giant Killer General »

This post is delicious.

Let's look at the many forms of overwhelming irony here:

-Seeker posts with a subject line that I am somehow upset for some reason, right as he makes an upset post directed at me (projection yet again)
-Seeker is a long-time self-described internet troll in this gaming community, yet is easily baited and trolled by another troll while apparently not understanding the troll's trolling.
-Seeker is upset that Bill Maher gave Milo a platform to talk, and yet it was this exact platform that was the catalyst for dealing a major blow to Milo's career just days later right after Seeker makes this post.

Absolutely golden. Rarely can we witness in life someone proven so wrong, so immediately, and in so many ways all at once.
par73

Post by par73 »

when seeker screamed into the abyss, i wonder if he expected a punch in the face via reflection
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Giant Killer General wrote:This post is delicious.

Let's look at the many forms of overwhelming irony here:

-Seeker posts with a subject line that I am somehow upset for some reason, right as he makes an upset post directed at me (projection yet again)
-Seeker is a long-time self-described internet troll in this gaming community, yet is easily baited and trolled by another troll while apparently not understanding the troll's trolling.
-Seeker is upset that Bill Maher gave Milo a platform to talk, and yet it was this exact platform that was the catalyst for dealing a major blow to Milo's career just days later right after Seeker makes this post.

Absolutely golden. Rarely can we witness in life someone proven so wrong, so immediately, and in so many ways all at once.
Lol. Bill Maher did jack shit about this. Like GKG, he's yet another blowhard who overblows his own importance in the grand scheme of things.

He's claiming responsibility for what a 16 year old girl from Canada did. He wasn't a catalyst for anything. He didn't shine a light on the pedo issues. In fact, Bill Maher once defended pedophilia. The fact that he was going to speak at CPAC was a bigger catalyst then anything else.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/ ... deo-canada
Giant Killer General

Living with all your emotional outrage over things people said rather than what they did must be absolutely exhausting.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Giant Killer General wrote:Living with all your emotional outrage over things people said rather than what they did must be absolutely exhausting.
GKG~Milo never did anything bad. Great guy. Like he never outed or shamed anyone in Wisconsin. Nope didn't happen. Just words. Sticks & stones bro! STICKS & STONES!
Giant Killer General

Milo and Bill Maher did something bad, so clearly it justifies acting as if they are actual pedophiles based on things they have said. And forget any compassion for the fact that Milo is a victim of child abuse himself.

Makes sense.

There are a million other people who have said and done worse things. I wonder where you find the time and energy for all of them too. Or maybe you just decide based on the current trends of the outrage police and which bandwagon they tell you to jump on next.

If you are looking for some forum fight to pick with me over this, then I am afraid I will have to disappoint you because I don't really care about it. Maybe someone else can oblige you, though.
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Attacking me doesn't change the fact that you were wrong on Bill Maher being responsible for dealing a major blow to Milo's career.

That's the more important thing to focus on here. Other than your disturbing attempt at a defense for Milo by saying that people should be compassionate towards him, because of what he suffered. Dude has caused a lot of harm to a lot of people. It's not just words when you have a shitload of followers at your beck and call ready to harass targets to oblivion.
Giant Killer General

Oh, I attacked you? It wasn't you that started this whole thread targeting me, to begin with? Haha. Oh, you poor victim you.

I never said or implied that it was Bill Maher's show that directly trashed Milo. No one is saying that, so not sure why you would think that. Instead, I said Milo's appearance on Maher's show was a catalyst for his downfall. And I said that because it made Milo front-page news just a day or two before the subsequent news of his scandal broke out soon after, making his scandal all the bigger and quicker to go around. It wasn't only a matter of the motivations behind the person who put together the incriminating video of him. It was also a matter of exposure and timing. Others that have also mentioned this connection between Maher's show with Milo's scandal are also likely following this same potential reasoning.

If you want to dispute any kind of contribution (whether intended or not) to the public pressure or press coverage of Milo's scandal from his appearance on Maher's show just days earlier, then fine. At the very least I certainly don't see how it could have possibly hurt. But I also don't really care to argue it as there is no real way to measure or prove such a thing from either viewpoint.

I think it did influence it to some degree. But in the end, it also doesn't even matter at all what you, I, or anyone else thinks about it. Who cares whether Maher's show influenced the scandal at all or not? What difference does it make? Yet now all of a sudden this connection (or lack thereof, according to you) between Milo's appearance on Maher's show and his scandal is the important thing you want to focus on? Let's not forget that you started this thread before the scandal even broke, so originally this had nothing to do with the scandal for you. Quite the meager attempt to pivot to try and save face.

You are focused on meaningless things. What is the point of arguing this? To trash Maher's show in some meaningless way because you don't like Bill Maher? Oh, well you really showed him and his audience then.

How ridiculous.

The bottom line and the only real thing that matters here is that If you don't like Milo or Bill Maher, then don't watch or listen to them. It is a free country, though, so they can do as they please for the most part, and others are free to watch and listen to either them as they so desire. So not sure what else your point is.

And I am not defending Milo. You are just oblivious to any sense of nuance. I just really don't care about him. I don't listen to him, and he (just like most people) is not relevant to me. He did some harm by trolling online just like millions of others have done before him? Oh my god! Let me welcome you to the age of the internet then!

Yawn. Wake me up when I should start caring.

Whatever bad shit he did online, he got banned by whoever as a consequence of it (as is their right to do as well). That is what online moderation is for. And if he did anything illegal, then that is what laws and the legal system are for. Unless you are trying to argue that he should be locked up in prison, I am not sure what sort of justice you are seeking here or what else your problem is. Whatever your angle here is, your outrage on an online gaming forum certainly isn't going to achieve any of it.

To me, you just seem to be upset that he is so relevant to some people, while apparently having little idea about how to handle that frustration. And what is ironic is that it is people like you that are a big part of what makes him so relevant by giving him the attention he craves from you, as evidenced by your post here. And this is made even more hilarious again coming from someone who is a self-described online troll such as yourself.

A more rational person in your position would be far less concerned about Milo himself, and much more concerned about more systemic problems that Milo is just a result of because there could be a thousand other Milos out there. Whether those systemic issues might be moderator/legal system issues, cultural issues, educational issues, or whatever other underlying reasons that might make someone like Milo relevant. But nope! Just Milo for you!

Anyway, this is a super boring conversation. Move on already. I think I saw someone micro-aggressing against someone else's safe space online somewhere. You should go check it out and report back to the 20 people on this online gaming forum to tell us all about your outrage. Don't forget to also pretend that I am actually the one outraged rather than you for whatever reason.