The art of V\JaHRaL T.O.A.D.V\

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
V\JaHRaL T.O.A.D.V\

Re: The art of V\JaHRaL T.O.A.D.V\

Post by V\JaHRaL T.O.A.D.V\ »

guess that's enough to give y'all an idea of it..
Attachments
Colored pencil sketch of the minds eye.JPG
a new thing.JPG
Psychotomeimetic.JPG
par73

Post by par73 »

"The Expulsion", were you thinking of Tharsis exploding while you made this?
jahral

Post by jahral »

I don't know if you have seen the Sistine chapel and other things that depict the damned being cast out of heaven but I was doing an assignment for art class in college. It was to be a take on something famous but in my own style. If you picture an apple cut in half and look at it like the earth. Then take into account the earth has an inner and outer core so to speak and we live on a thin membrane like the skin on the surface. I do not believe the devil was ever in heaven but this was just an art project I did when I was 18. I tried to make it look like all the energies were being flung from the sky and cast into the volcanic heat in the center of the earth. This would cause the mountains to quake and layers of the earth to fold and rise over each other. Its really just an abstraction and I like your Tharsis explanation even better. I want my work to be accessible and interpreted on many different levels. So thanks for the comment.
Honk

Post by Honk »

Jah,

Kyle (HH) had told me you were a very good artist and im happy to see your work. Its great. Is it true you once had all your pieces burn up in a fire or something? Sorry if that brings back memories i was just trying to remember.
jahral

Post by jahral »

Heya Nick F. I saw a license the other day and I wanted to scream out Glue the Moose. I also saw a licence that started GKG and had to lol and one other. Ha hahah. Thanks for the feed back. I appreciate it. Obelix said my work looked kinda dark but I was going through some dark times way back then. I think VERMINIX or Inq asked me about buying my painting "Train of Thoughts" just recently in the myth chat area. I was saving it for a big art show in the eighties which I had to cancel just before I had it. It seemed I was close to making it big as I had been selling every single painting at all my other showings before that. But , yes, sadly I could not have the show as all my paintings I had ready burned in that fire. Along with my computer and antiques, just everything. Some of my flat mates were hanging out the windows ready to jump from 3 stories up when the firemen showed up. It was pretty horrible but now I am past it and happy to be alive. I still have the Firemens report. Its along story. I had to go into doing construction to support myself from then on but now Im getting back into a good groove. Thanks again for asking.
Attachments
gtm.JPG
HMP.JPG
Fire proof.JPG
par73

Post by par73 »

Do you think you ever would have ended up playing myth if that fire had not happened? I'm just curious, seems like you would have been a busy man if that fire never happened.
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Nice to see you don't suck as much at art as you do at myth.
jahral

Post by jahral »

Some im getting ready for a show
Attachments
snip 3.JPG
snip 2.JPG
1 snip.JPG

Last bumped by Anonymous on 23 May 2017, 09:17.