[Double Elimination] Draft

by The Myth Council
akira

[Double Elimination] Draft

Post by akira »

Hello Myth fans, and welcome to the Double Elimination Draft for TWDS2017.

For their prowess in the group stages, Myrks in Heat has first draft pick. There was a tie between SJWS and SC. The Council decided group stage activity, i.e. players showing up, as the tie breaker.

Snake Draft rules:
Each team will get their first unpicked pick for each round of the draft, starting in order of Group Stage placement. Pick order alternates between clockwise & counter clockwise each round.
Round 1: MIH, $oMR, SJWS, SC
Round 2: SC, SJWS, $oMR, MIH
Round 3: MIH, $oMR, SJWS, SC
Round 4: SC, $oMR
Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 8.17.02 AM.png
Round 1: Trevelyan
Round 2: Thalander

Chron1
Round 3: Phos
Sin
Wwo
Sormiron
Killerking
HMP
Cruniac
Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 8.17.17 AM.png
Round 1: East Wind
HMP
Cruniac
Round 2: Chron
Myrk
Thal
Trev
Round 3: Akira
LSO
Round 4: Killerking
Sin
Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 8.17.23 AM.png
Round 1: hmp
trevelyan
Round 2: garnish
myrk
akira
thalander
Round 3: lso
chron1
wwo
eastwind
Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 8.17.10 AM.png
Round 1: myrk
trev
hmp
Round 2: cruniac
akira
lso
phos
thal
Round 3: wwo
Round 4: sormiron

If anyone finds an issue in the draft, I'm sure you'll let us know!

Draftable Players and their updated ball ratings
THOR 3.2
hmp 3.7
Myrk 3.5
Sormiron 2.6
Akira 3.5
Seeker 2.5
Garnish 2.3
Cruniac4.6
wwo 3.1
thal 3.1
Gabba 2
Malsleizure 2.2
Captain Scratch 2.4
East Wind 4.8
Sin 2.8
Chron1 3.7
SONIC™ the ~∂eer~ 1.5
New Mutator 1.6
Some Loser 2.3
Lord Scary Owl 3.3
Trev 3.6
Phos 3.2
Killerking 2.9
tirri

Re: [Double Elimination] Draft

Post by tirri »

Stellas had by far the best draft. Id like to welcome all new team members to the team. Everyone please be sure to show up AND LETS WIN THIS SHIT!!!
GO STELLA
par73

Post by par73 »

$oMR easily had the best draft, whether when it was when we had cruniac and sin, or when the other teams complained about how unfair our roster was due to our impeccable draft strategy and countless hours and efforts combined into our perfect draft list algorithm... so they were removed and replaced by chron and lso. It doesn't matter... $oMR won draft day, WE ALSO GOIN WIN THE TOURNAMENT AND BRING SPOON HIS FIRST RING, NOTHING CAN STOP US WE ALL THE WAY UP.

GO $oMR, WE HOT LIKE SUMMER TIME
spoon

Post by spoon »

im sure this will be me in no time.
Attachments
7a7d5d15bd524132ed7427f778202e1d.jpg
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

We drafted for Chron and want him back on our roster. The gimmicks here are getting redundant. Take phos off, put chron back on.
par73

Post by par73 »

akira wrote: Snake Draft rules:
Each team will get their first unpicked pick for each round of the draft, starting in order of Group Stage placement. Pick order alternates between clockwise & counter clockwise each round.
Round 1: MIH, SJWS, $oMR, SC
Round 2: SC, $oMR, SJWS, MIH
Round 3: MIH, SJWS, $oMR, SC
$oMR had 2nd pick, not SJWS. are you sure you got the draft order correct?
akira

Post by akira »

par73 wrote:
I made a mistake, it's fucked up. Will fix it after this weekend.
akira

Post by akira »

par73 wrote:
I had the draft order incorrect, it's corrected now.
Lizard King wrote:We drafted for Chron and want him back on our roster. The gimmicks here are getting redundant. Take phos off, put chron back on.
The first DE draft result I posted was null as I did not follow the correct draft rules, posted well before the QR teams were ever made. I would be remiss if I did not follow the Council's orders. Please don't take this as a personal attack on your team.
TWDS2017 draft rules: https://sites.google.com/view/twds2017/ ... authuser=0
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

3 corrections to a draft that's already been made. This is the most poorly run tournament of all time. I like how $ stole our pick plus you put yourself on their roster. Shit is a coward's joke. I'm not sure why I should show up to stomp these crappy teams again and waste another saturday afternoon picking the remains of unworthy cowards off the bottom of my boot.
akira

Post by akira »

Lizard King wrote:3 corrections to a draft that's already been made. This is the most poorly run tournament of all time. I like how $ stole our pick plus you put yourself on their roster. Shit is a coward's joke. I'm not sure why I should show up to stomp these crappy teams again and waste another saturday afternoon picking the remains of unworthy cowards off the bottom of my boot.
i didn't put myself on their roster. the rules of the draft and the order the teams placed in group stages put me on their roster.

i made two mistakes on the first draft:
- 1st mistake: draft order was 1234, 1234 and NOT 1234, 4321.
- 2nd mistake: team order was MIH, SJWS, $oMR, SC and NOT MIH, $oMR, SJWS, SC

the second draft did not correct the team order error.

the 3rd and current (and hopefully final draft) corrected those 2 errors.

please walk through the draft yourself and let me know how i was able to influence it or any other mistakes i've missed.
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

Only a moron makes that many mistakes or a blatant liar/cheater. I'd say you're a mixed bag of both.
par73

Post by par73 »

Lizard King wrote:I like how $ stole our pick plus you put yourself on their roster.
how did we steal a pick ? in the first draft we had cruniac as our second pick...

$ had two experienced drafters that looked at the players to be drafted, the draft order, and predicted what teams would pick for their first few players. i have my doubts any other team did this. when we landed the top 2 players in the tournament, it was rather shocking it had worked out.

But it had only worked out because Akira thought he had drafted each teams correctly, but was not following the correct rules/order he had posted he would be using.
Akira never added himself to our team, we had him on our draftee list.

I prefer tournament organizers who bite the bullet, admit they made mistakes and do their best to follow their own rules rather than an organizer who has their mistakes brought to their attention and they are ignored by their participants.

Akira's doing a fine job, albeit he should probably have his official tournament posts double checked by others. It's easy to run into errors when doing this shit alone if you're not a double checking perfectionist.