@Flatline

General discussion forum for TWS2013
Giant Killer General

Re: @Flatline

Post by Giant Killer General »

ah yes, thank you punkuser.

It appears that the games on sept 1st were conveniently left out where I had a whopping 14-2 record against punctual / tirri.

LOL

that is even worse than I remember it being.

so my combined record against punctual / tirri, is a whopping 16 - 6.

ouch

I'm glad we could put that to rest.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

tirri wrote:ummm i have explained it in 3 posts already. how much simpler can i make it
Ah, that was the "drunken night"? Meh, too bad. I like watching high level 1v1 games :)

Frankly I don't really accept any excuses for not having films these days. Turn on autosave and never lose a film again. If it clogs up your list too much (it doesn't really), just move them out of the directory periodically.

Anyways the bickering over who "won" is uninteresting to me, I just like people to actually have films for all their games. Selective saving tends to pick the poor matches (i.e. blowouts), not the good ones.

Thanks for posting the ones you had though.
tirri

Post by tirri »

GiantKillerGen wrote: It appears that the games on sept 1st were conveniently left out where I had a whopping 14-2 record against punctual / tirri.
as a guy who keeps touting how the highest level games he ever played were against me in that 1v1 tourney (sadly i hadnt really played any 1v1s games 5 years before that but thats a different story), im sure we both know what was going on during that sep 1st match, at 11pm saturday

curiously punctual then came to beat you in a match (that you lied about) just the next day, again on your own laggy host. how many duels have you won against finnish people on their host btw, is it 0? oh
Giant Killer General

ah yes, that finnish ethnicity must no doubt give you super magic powers when playing on your own host that makes you unbeatable. actually I seem to recall beating up on gekko and cw on their hosts, so yea, been there, done that. I would do it to you too, but apparently you are too much of a sensitive nancy, you only play with "people you like" (LOL).

Ah, and I'm sure we both know what happens when a player plays against a dummy they have no idea who they are playing.
And I'm sure we both know what happens when a player crushes another player 14-2 and how they play them again in the next match.

In any case, punkuser, you wanted some films, here are some of me beating tirri in 2 1v1 tournament matches. Maybe tirri doesn't have so many excuses for those. They are good matches nonetheless, but let's put to rest the myth that tirri ever beat me in 1v1.

http://www.speedyshare.com/RgAnU/GKG-vs ... Finals.zip
http://www.speedyshare.com/SjKNg/GKG-vs ... Finals.zip
tirri

Post by tirri »

actually having 400ms ping as opposed to below 100 makes quite a difference. oh look, on whose hosts were all those games you linked? again, you have never beaten me on an european host but i have beaten you on your own host
theres a reason why np always had trouble against japanese teams because they let them host
Giant Killer General

poor tirri. the excuses just never end. cling to them so hard. funny that 18 tournament games over the course of 2 matches were played on a neutral host without complaint but now all of a sudden it is a different story.

and I guess you haven't beaten me on a euro host then either. LOL.

hey guess what, you haven't beaten me on a japanese host either.

or an aussie host.

or your own host.

damn im so good.

btw when did you beat me on my host?
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

GiantKillerGen wrote:In any case, punkuser, you wanted some films
Thanks! Always fun to watch.

Theoretically a japanese host would be somewhat neutral between EU and NA right?
Aki

Post by Aki »

When I was in Japan I had lower pings on NA servers than EU.
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

There isn't a really good fair neutral host for 2 people from NA and EU. This showed perfectly when me and ska played Fetchball, we would alternate hosts and simply trade games back and forth because the delay makes a significant difference. Its far less of an issue for reg myth though it'll still make a small difference sometimes.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Dantski wrote:There isn't a really good fair neutral host for 2 people from NA and EU.
Nah we just need to keep moving it until it's balanced... so... China? India? :)
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

I'd imagine the series of tubes going through fuckin mongolia aren't the same quality as between the US/Europe.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I AM WAITING FOR YOU TIRRI, WHERE ARE YOU?
Giant Killer General

tirri wrote:i have beaten you on your own host
GiantKillerGen wrote:btw when did you beat me on my host?
I am still waiting for an answer Tirri. Or does your lack of response suggest a lie?
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

If tirri cared as much about 1v1 as he does about NHL betting he might regain his 4th ball ;)
valentine

Post by valentine »

# Y O L O #
switch

Post by switch »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdpZhUmOVjs[/youtube]

^ note the integration of Tchaikovsky's Dance of the Swans at 12:30.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2zPjPVselI[/youtube]

^ Note stormtroopers and Leia slave dancers at 7 minutes. Boba Fett shows up at 7:33
Bittersweet Symphony cut at 24:30 is pretty hot as well.
Classic Zedd remix finish at 27:00