Mute Feature Request

Gate of Storms (GoS) is a metaserver (lobby) for Myth II Soulblighter multiplayer where you can play online with friends and strangers alike for free.
Industry

Mute Feature Request

Post by Industry »

For the love of all that is holy. Please implement .mute.

That is all.

Thank you,
Industry
Welly

Re: Mute Feature Request

Post by Welly »

I agree. I see the Mute button but it seems easily defeated if the muted person leaves and comes back. User °Indy (not you, Industry) lost his mind during a standard political flame-war, and began psychotically insulting my 2-year-old daughter and my wife. I'm a bit of a troll myself, but, I'm always into the halfhearted generalizations and absurd nonsense, nothing menacing and never threatening... and never aimed at another myther's family or children. So I muted him and he kept rejoining to defeat the mute, if it even worked.

I'm told he also went by "Psalm" and "Judgmental Illness" but whatever the case, he did not let up. A permanent mute would be amazing!
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

There's no real way to avoid it in rooms that allow guests. The "mute" feature is a client feature FWIW and it could certainly do a better job of maintaining the mute list even if users log out... I'm actually quite surprised that it doesn't do this already. I could understand if it reset when *you* log out, but it shouldn't when other people do.

Server mute aside, you should at least note the issues with the client feature to PM.net if you haven't already.
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

I second this, and you may recall my private message about this a while back regarding the very same issue, punk. If it means removing all ability to chat in the lobby for guests, then at this point I think that should just be done.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Once I've rolled out the registration changes and so on this is something I can look at. I would still suggest that you get some improvements to it in parallel in the client though as no solution is going to be bulletproof.
renwood58th

Post by renwood58th »

Didnt Playmyth have it where guests could not talk in the lobby? Or was that mnet...

Also .wank would be great to have again.
Or like an option to only allow no guests to join your host.
also with join games in progress it would be handy to have a .wank feature so you can still allow everybody but the wanked in your game.
The only options now are to close the game or use a PW which affects far more people than if .wank worked again as on previous myth metaservers.

Here is where I get my plug in for adding joins games in progress to multiplayer as a host option.

When you join you are placed on an observer team. if the newly joined and a team captain both become allies then you join that team,
Also persistent vets in multiplayer games option just as it was added to COOP games a few years ago

Post by Guest »

Bump

Last bumped by Anonymous on 03 Dec 2018, 12:36.