Waiver Wire Pickups:

DBSeeker

Waiver Wire Pickups:

Post by DBSeeker »

After the conclusion of this week's matchups, we will have one team eliminated. The remaining teams will have the right to choose one player from the defeated team to join their own team. First pick will be determined by who writes the best article. If your team does not write an article, your team cannot make a pick.

The judge of who writes the best article will be the Man formerly Known as Shaister, a.k.a. Bebop a.k.a. MMMbop.

Deadline is Friday 10/7 for your article!
Giant Killer General

Re: Waiver Wire Pickups:

Post by Giant Killer General »

uhmm, so basically an article is going to decide who gets gekko, and throw off the entire balance of these teams in a draft tournament.

let's just leave the teams the way they are, the remaining teams have all had close matches with each other. letting 1 team get gekko is going to be a massive advantage and possibly decide the entire tournament, all for an article.
Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

Giant Killer General wrote:uhmm, so basically an article is going to decide who gets gekko, and throw off the entire balance of these teams in a draft tournament.

let's just leave the teams the way they are, the remaining teams have all had close matches with each other. letting 1 team get gekko is going to be a massive advantage and possibly decide the entire tournament, all for an article.
throwing limp out for garbage?
Giant Killer General

limp didn't show up for the last 2 matches for his own team, i hardly see why he would start showing up for someone else's. and yea, even his shaky unreliable attendance aside, limp is still no gekko.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Gekko? I'd take Trevelyan, simply for his awesome host. Been a solid player lately too.
Trevelyan

Post by Trevelyan »

Anyone would be a fool to pick me over Gekko. He comes with years of constant activity and unwavering dependability. He also happens to own the brightest soul of any myther!
DBSeeker

Post by DBSeeker »

There are three solid adds from AMF:

Kryptos
Trevelyan
Gekko

Gekko is the tops, but the other two players are also serious assets.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Thought I made myself clear, Trev... I want your host :) the fact that you've been playing well is just a bonus!
Giant Killer General

I am already having to sit players. Now I am supposed add another player from another team just because you wanted to eliminate their team 1 week earlier than necessary? Sorry but kryptos, trevelyan, or anyone else from AMF are not getting any play-time on my team if I have enough people (and I have had enough every match so far, I had 9 show last match). I am already sitting scratch some games, and I am not going to ask for him or anyone else to sit any more when they have been showing up every week reliably, just because another team's player is being forced onto our roster due to some new made-up rule. Even if it is to the detriment of my team's competitiveness, it isn't the right thing to do.

Adren and his team are apparently happy with getting Trev, and since they have some small attendance issues that works out for them, no problem there. Might as well give them kryptos too if they want. And of course Tirri's team wants gekko. So the only team that has 3 top players (crun, tirri, and arz) will now also get Gekko on top of it. And they got this far without even using arz yet. So arz + gekko for them in the last matches. The other teams have 2 top players each (ew / myself and adren / paris respectively), while their 1 team is going to get 4 top players. Sounds fair (not).

We will play the games out for fun, but there is no way this can ever be considered a legit draft tournament at this point, with major roster changes being decided by articles, thus bypassing the entire point of having a draft in the first place. We can call this a draft/article hybrid match series at this point instead.

Should have just done a single elimination like I said so that the 4th team could play 1 more week, and we wouldn't have this cluster fuck with a 3-team round robin, having teams attempting to do 2 matches in 1 weekend (SE would have finished in the same amount of time too), and now this fuckery with the rosters. You want to allow the better half of the eliminated team to be able to continue playing (discriminating against their other players, which is contrary to the spirit of any draft-based tournament). Might as well have just let their entire team play again until they got eliminated then.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I don't speak on behalf of my team, there has been absolutely no communication regarding the acquisition of anyone. But ya, we have had attendance issues every match, but they've all been scheduled on Sundays. Next match is on Saturday, so hopefully Kil can show and we have 7. That being said, Trev has a really good host. And I also agree that this whole acquisition thing is unnecessary and kind of pointless. I think it was just Seeker's attempt at encouraging some article writing.
wwo

Post by wwo »

Fairness isn't an issue. This tourney was founded on capriciousness. Whether or not you're right or reasonable makes no difference. The rules are handed down from on high, and we must all submit.

A summary of gkg's participation in pretty much any tournament, as illustrated by paraphrased quotes:

1. I am unaware of a tourney.
2. I do not care about this tourney because the rules are suboptimal and the TO is an ass.
3. Maybe I will show up just for fun. I have some free time.
4. I like the team I am on, but my time is now valuable so don't waste it.
5. Those rules need to change to suit my vision of this tournament.
6. I am the only one that ever makes sense and here's 2000 words to prove it.
Giant Killer General

wwo ~ I am ready to bow and submit to whatever anyone says at all times, no questions asked. And nobody else should provide input or reaction.

I expected better out of you. I am disappointed.

I was barely into this event before it started, so it is relevant when major changes are made later that could have impacted my decision to spend my time participating in it to begin with.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Preeeeetty sure wwo just won that exchange of words.

Also... Spend your time? Let's be honest here for a second... Your word count in the last few months HAS to be in the tens of thousands. Anyone with that kind of time on their hands clearly has nothing better to do.
wwo

Post by wwo »

You know I'm teasing you. I remember what it was like to see so many wrong people out there on the internet and be unable to not hit "reply". These days I only respond when I'm ready to disappoint someone.
Giant Killer General

Is the guy who took 9 years to graduate college and proudly identifies as a slacker seriously trying to speculate on my time-spending habits? Priceless.

Anywho, I look forward to the day when this mwc-championship-caliber team steamrolls the other draft-caliber teams so I can say I told you so. I sure hope there won't be any complaints about it later from anyone who wants to whine about me merely mentioning the problems with it now.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

You must have missed the part where I agreed that this rule is pointless. Also, I did 2 degrees in 7 yrs and I don't recall proudly identifying as a slacker. At least not in several years. Nice diversion tactic though. For your next assignment, write me a 5,000 word essay about how little time you have to spend on myth related subjects.
Giant Killer General

Yes adren, we are all impressed that you thought of using the "you took too much time to write that" line of argument all on your own that has been par for the course on any gaming forum for decades. Next you can repeat the "you care too much" and "I bet you don't get laid very much." Very clever, I am sure you are impressed with yourself as well. But by all means please continue about how much I post here while boasting a bigger post count than me. Where on earth do you find the time?

Next, I fully expect to see some posts from you commenting about how whoever submits an article for this took too much time writing it, as well as all myth articles in the future. I'm sure that is a winning attitude of just what this community needs more of. Don't let me catch you doing any lengthy TA's anymore either, wouldn't want to make a fool out of yourself yet again.

Clearly my articles accomplished their mission since your butthurt is still showing about them. Might want to cover that up and get that checked out.
wwo

Post by wwo »

Giant Killer General wrote:please continue about how much I post here while boasting a bigger post count than me.
GKG class confirmed as Rogue, as evidenced by this 3d6 Attack of Opportunity.
tirri

Post by tirri »

Asmo is much higher than me for example in his official Tas and he should know being the 2nd best strategist ever and most active myther around right?
As far as i'm concerned both pars team and gkgs.has had at least 3 solid players show up each week while mine hasnt. I still have no idea if arz will ever show up or not. If he doesnt i do want gekko and It will only be fair. If both arz and gekko start showing up then i agree it is a bit unbalanced
Giant Killer General

There are 4 weeks left in this event, so I don't foresee any problems with arz showing up within the next 2-3 weeks by the time it will actually start to matter, especially since he has been posting updates every week. But in the unlikely event he is still absent, then no problem if gekko is used as a replacement for arz, but that should just clearly be handled as a sub, not as a permanent roster change.

Also not sure what 3rd solid players you are counting for my team and par's team, while simultaneously conveniently ignoring myrk being on your team after he has been playing fairly well for you.

Bottomline is that the rosters of the 3 remaining teams have been quite even and balanced as is. And if there is any concern about tirri's team losing 2 close matches to the last remaining teams so far, that is clearly abated once they pick up another top player, whether arz or gekko.
dac

Post by dac »

i can confirm that arze is back from his trip to spaghetti land.

he is currently hogtying and deporting the migrants that inhabited his apartment. i would be surprised if he missed the next match.
tirri

Post by tirri »

after missing his flight 4 times in a row arz has lost all credibility in scheduling and attendance matters
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Let's break this post down and see what we can discover about your state of mental health, GKG.
Giant Killer General wrote:Yes adren, we are all impressed that you thought of using the "you took too much time to write that" line of argument all on your own yada yada yada
Nope. Never said that. Twisting my words to suit your own agenda. I'm sure whatever you wrote took exactly as long as it should have. But of course, why waste your time playing in a tournament when you can just write essays about it instead? :roll:
Giant Killer General wrote:Next you can repeat the "you care too much" and "I bet you don't get laid very much." Very clever, I am sure you are impressed with yourself as well.
Kudos for calling me out on something that I may or may not say in the future. What? Jesus Christ you are getting desperate for material...
Giant Killer General wrote:But by all means please continue about how much I post here while boasting a bigger post count than me. Where on earth do you find the time?
Never said anything about the frequency of your posts. 3 for 3 on making points that have no basis in reality. Pro tip: Arguments tend to have more cohesion when you stick to the facts. Let's see if this gets any better...
Giant Killer General wrote:Next, I fully expect to see some posts from you commenting about how whoever submits an article for this took too much time writing it, as well as all myth articles in the future.
Nope. Projecting, yet again. 4/4... batting 1.000 in the bullshit department. Please, continue using unsaid words as fodder for argument.
Giant Killer General wrote:Don't let me catch you doing any lengthy TA's anymore either, wouldn't want to make a fool out of yourself yet again.
Oh shit, you got me there. When was the last time I wrote TA's? And were they lengthy? Did I make a fool of myself? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no, and no. 6/6... way to maintain that average. One more try...
Giant Killer General wrote:Clearly my articles accomplished their mission since your butthurt is still showing about them. Might want to cover that up and get that checked out.
+1 million internet points for using "butthurt" in a sentence. Unfortunately, this is yet another false statement as I've never actually read any of your articles, and I'm quite certain that your target audience was not my asshole. If I wanted to read the endless rants of a lunatic, I'd dust off a copy of Mein Kampf... But just to humor you, I'll be sure to cover that up and get that checked out.

Anyways, after running your literary masterpiece through a bullshit detector, I've concluded that you are a fucking idiot. Can't wait for the sequel.
wwo

Post by wwo »

Crun got souls on badlands 2v2, compelling gkg to leave. My internet died shortly thereafter. Pls mr hacker myth, do not crash my interwebs. I promise to not poke fun anymore without smileys to show my true, benevolent intent.

I think this is the 3rd post since mwc that has devolved into adren vs gkg. If this were a movie, we'd be making comments about sexual tension. I wish you guys would argue about stuff with substance and relevance, instead of all this amateur psychology, like what 1v1 maps support a rush being the best option.
Giant Killer General

Oh looks who is writing essays now, LOL.

Game, set, match.
par73

Post by par73 »

wwo wrote:I wish you guys would argue about stuff with substance and relevance, instead of all this amateur psychology, like what 1v1 maps support a rush being the best option.
it's this type of thinking that lead us to lose MWC2013 wwo
Arzenic

Post by Arzenic »

I have returned to motherland, and I assure everyone that i will try my BEST to show up for remaining matches.
shadow

Post by shadow »

typical gkg vs adren arguing, 1vs1, etc in one gif

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Giant Killer General wrote:Oh looks who is writing essays now, LOL.

Game, set, match.
Wipe the semen from your eyes and you'll notice that half of my post was your own words. I realize I have to tip toe around your mental disability so I'll clarify a bit: I did not write half of that post. I've also made no claims of not having time to waste, so I'm free and unfettered to write whatever the fuck I want. Game, set, match you say? Not sure what game you think this is, but you sure as fuck did not win it. I'm impressed that you were able to keep your response to a single sentence, however.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

You know what else is easy? Arguing with a halfwit who attempts to deflect attention away from his inability to construct a persuasive argument with timeless classics like "game, set, match" and "you're too easy". I suppose your response to this will be something along the lines of "liar liar pants on fire" or the infamous "I know you are but what am I?" defense. If you want to argue with me, GKG, you're going to have to step your game up a bit... I feel like I'm arguing with a toddler.
limp

Post by limp »

I'M SO BORED OF THIS JUST KISS ALREADY
shadow

Post by shadow »

limp wrote:I'M SO BORED OF THIS JUST KISS ALREADY

idiot ! Wheeeere u been ?