Myth used to be so serious

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
wwo

Re: Myth used to be so serious

Post by wwo »

To some people, Dantski getting angry is like finding out

*SPOILER*

Santa Claus isn't real.
Zak

Post by Zak »

Garrick should be perma banned from mwc

http://www.mythgaming.net/mwc2007/forum ... sc&start=0
DBSeeker

Post by DBSeeker »

The irony is that Garrick's best match was vs. Mental.
sharkdrivingabus

Post by sharkdrivingabus »

Re-reading that Garrick/WTC thread after all this time is hilarious. It's been 9 years but it's still worth making a few points on this!

1) LOLMWC was a hilarious amount of fun for those who participated and didn't impact anything about the tourney itself. It's still so interesting to look back at those forums and see how everyone lost their minds when a team brought in outside players and then lost on purpose, whereas no one seems to give a rats ass about the rampant and persistent dummying that went on from 99 up until then (and after). Trixta playing as karma in that one match in 05 had WAY more impact on the tourney than all of LOLMWC shenanigans combined.

2) Despite Ducky's assertions, I was never the Garrick dummy! I won't out anyone, but there were several people who used that account during those matches - and none were me. So Ducky - if you're reading this - I hope you feel bad about your vendetta against me!

3) Hilariously, 2007 was one of the only MWCs where I didn't play for a different team yet it was the one year where everyone lost their mind about it. In 07, LOLMWC was the only team I played for -- I just got a bunch of other people to dummy on my team and then made a big post about it.

4) There was tons of other dummying in 07 that had way more impact on the tourney but no one ever talked about it!

5) My two favorite lolmwc moments were when we went trowless on trow terries, only gave units to 6 people, and had a dedicated person to spam the other team all game long; and when limp dummied for us against his main team, played on two computers, and faced himself on a flank. We gave him rush units so he got to click and rush with LOLMWC and then defeat himself with the other computer. Shoulda had us win tho >:(

Anyway this has been a fun bit of nostalgia - thx zak!

edit: oh and one more fun fact -- this thread, and the admin response, is the one that prompted seeker and I to create LOLMWC and show how easy it was to exploit the broken login system - http://www.mythgaming.net/mwc2007/forum ... torder=asc