preferred tournament method

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.

?

You may select 1 option

View results

par73

preferred tournament method

Post by par73 »

do you prefer draft tournaments where captains choose from a preset player pool or do you prefer the traditional pick-your-team style?

i wonder
Lord---Scary Owl

Re: preferred tournament method

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

I do have half a good-great team built, and I've heard people mention that they don't like drafts.
Picking teams might end up unbalanced but they would be more fun (no one wants to get stuck with someone they hate).
themudman

Post by themudman »

Lord---Scary Owl wrote:I do have half a good-great team built, and I've heard people mention that they don't like drafts.
Picking teams might end up unbalanced but they would be more fun (no one wants to get stuck with someone they hate).
No-one wants to get stuck with someone that sucks. People can live with someone they hate as long as that person doesn't troll and suicide their units. That's the problem with draft.

You have to have a certain base-skill level for a draft to work successfully to the enjoyment of all teams, and part of that base-skill includes cooperation and the ability to listen to the commands of a captain and adapt accordingly.

That said, picking teams in small communities does lead to unbalance and I've seen that ruin competition in UrbanTerror, a FPS I played years ago, when you wound up with two or three teams with huge rosters and all the best players.
Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

themudman wrote:No-one wants to get stuck with someone that sucks. People can live with someone they hate as long as that person doesn't troll and suicide their units. That's the problem with draft.

We saw that in Asmodian's Draft when limp got Two Smoking Guns and Switch drafted to him.

That was a rare case though, Asmodian pre-drafted random teams.

Bit of complaining that tournament...
rawr

Post by rawr »

Rat King add me on your roster or let me know if you want me to take the initiative to set up a team