Dearest Enculator

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
sharkdrivingabus

Dearest Enculator

Post by sharkdrivingabus »

After I leave London, I am traveling to Paris. What should I do while I am there?

If it helps with your suggestions: I like wine, but I have my 11 year old daughter traveling with me.
Father Xmas

Re: Dearest Enculator

Post by Father Xmas »

really ? asking enc about Paris ? he lives in Haute Savoie, it's like asking someone from Tx about Nyc, damn u TB.

anyway i do LIVE in Paris . yes his hole is big enough, u gonna thank his bf.

so what to visit, well, not easy there r plenty of things Paris is the most beautiful city of the world !

so : Eiffel Towel, Montmartre and Cathedrale de Notre Dame are the things you want to see !

and of course Le Musee du Louvre, don't forget to go see Mona Lisa.

about Wine, well you should try to go to some "bar à vin". i don't know the name but avoid the most touristical ones.

and maybe you might want to go to "champs elysee" or "arc de triomphe" but they are not the most interesting things, i'd say only if u got time.

oh yes maybe you might want to go to pigalle to see the "moulin rouge" too, but maybe without your daughter
killerking

Post by killerking »

Hint: google 'secret entrance of Louvre' before you visit it. That way you won't have to wait in a line for 3 hours just to get inside (like I had too :( ).
sasper

Post by sasper »

don't listen to xmas. i've been to paris and it is awful. the line to the louvre is about a kilometre long by 9am. the mona lisa is tiny and overrated 10x over. plus there are too many french people in france. they pride themselves on food and wine but they are shit as well. 50 euros for an awful margherita pizza and glass of house wine on the champs elysees. my main memory was the human shit that someone had done in the metro and none of the french people seemed to think this was unusual.
enc

Post by enc »

Go to Versailles :-O
My favorite museum is le centre pompidou, modern art thingy. I also enjoy "la gallerie de l'évolution", it has a lot of stuffed animal its fun !
And enjoy paying for overpriced stuffs. I lived in Paris for 2 months, it's beautiful, but I really hate this city.
And yeah about the louvre, mona lisa is full of azn tourists, and there is indeed an other entrance where u dont have to wait forever.
sharkdrivingabus

Hello friends. First - dearest Xmas, I humbly apologize for forgetting you in my French myther anthology. I hope you forgive me.

We have had a lovely time and really enjoy Paris. We have spent the past 3 days walking around the city endlessly. It's really lovely. Thank you all for the suggestions. We enjoyed the louvre and the Eiffel Tower. My favorite thing so far was an amazing dinner we had at a small bistro near our hotel on St Charles street.

Tomorrow we are taking the train to Versailles. I went there 14 years ago and loved it. I hope the kiddo enjoys it too.

As a side note, we have a card game at home called "Guillotine" which involves the French Revolution. It's been great to give her some historical context about that silly card game.

Love to all of you,
TB
sharkdrivingabus

Dammit cu. why didn't you help me out here? You're the frenchest myther of all. Meanie.
Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

sharkdrivingabus wrote:Dammit cu. why didn't you help me out here? You're the frenchest myther of all. Meanie.
you should've ordered the DVD.
par73

Post by par73 »

xmas, all your excuses that you are too busy studying no longer apply
enc

Post by enc »

did you enjoy versailles ?
sharkdrivingabus

Yes. I really did. I went there in 2001 and loved it. This time felt a bit different - lots more construction and the fountains were not running while we were there. The palace is amazing and the history is incredible. It's also beautiful.

My daughter liked it, but she also got bored and spent a lot of time feeding ducks and singing about their butts. I have her Versailles duck butt song on video if you want to see.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

stfu TB you facebook unfrienderer LOL