Dear DantesPeak

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
sharkdrivingabus

Dear DantesPeak

Post by sharkdrivingabus »

I am going to London tomorrow. I haven't been since 2001. Are there any interesting places you suggest I visit?

Warm regards,
TB
switch

Re: Dear DantesPeak

Post by switch »

Take the thames ferry to Greenwich and visit the national maritime museum. Also the Imperial war museum is well worth it now that it's been renovated. Chances are it won't be free much longer either...
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

sharkdrivingabus wrote:I am going to London tomorrow. I haven't been since 2001. Are there any interesting places you suggest I visit?

Warm regards,
TB
I've only been to London once myself and most of that was spent visiting the House of Parliament and didn't get much chance to do any touristy things.

I wanted to see St Pauls but ran out of time, go look at whatever museum would interest you, there's certainly plenty around.

Make sure to get a good fish n chips while you're over here too, or a curry.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

england sucks and that miserable island is depressing as hell.
sharkdrivingabus

We have had fun so far. It's been very typical of the general tourist trip to London, but I don't mind that much.

I want to do a walk and recreate the Canterbury tales pilgrimage, but the kid doesn't seem to like that idea. We're going to take a train to Kent tomorrow to visit the relatives instead :(
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

sharkdrivingabus wrote:I want to do a walk and recreate the Canterbury tales pilgrimage, but the kid doesn't seem to like that idea. We're going to take a train to Kent tomorrow to visit the relatives instead :(
You mean you can't keep the kid happy with just an ice-cream? Pfft kids these days...

Anyway seems like you timed your visit well or badly depending on your point of view, its been a lot cooler in the past week or so.

Also share pictures!
enc

Post by enc »

go visit imperial war museum its nice !
sharkdrivingabus

The trip was really great. We've been having a really wonderful time!!!

My favorite part of London was just walking into a small neighborhood pub and getting a beer for me and a lemonade for the kid, then talking with the locals. My daughter kept telling everyone that London was "just like DC!" And then I had to apologize for her offensiveness :) the English are not easily offended though.

I also really love history so the Tower of London was the best tourist spot. I think that the carvings of prisoners there are truly interesting.

Will share some pics when I get back!!!