What's so special about Madrigal?

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Jottle

What's so special about Madrigal?

Post by Jottle »

Why is everyone now playing in the only non-autorecording film room on GOS? Was it just a fluke where GOS got really empty and active users just happened to switch to playing in Madrigal? It just seems strange that everyone is now playing in the one room out of six that doesn't record films. There's no good game tape to watch on here anymore!
Jottle

Re: What's so special about Madrigal?

Post by Jottle »

but seriously, how is it that all games are in this room now?
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

get rid of the guest accounts and it would prob change.
Boxer

Post by Boxer »

Guest accounts, dummy accounts. Does it make a difference?
Set your active host in the lobby of your choosing. If you build it, they will come.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

drunken_deer wrote:get rid of the guest accounts and it would prob change.
Has nothing to do with guest accounts... people are intentionally choosing to play in non-films rooms specifically, for whatever reason. That is absolutely their right - would you prefer that the server *requires* all games to be recorded/publicly accessible films? Feel free to play in whatever room you want.
Jottle

Post by Jottle »

I think the truth is that since there's rarely ever more than a couple games going on at any one time, at some point a couple games got started in Madrigal, and then users logging in afterwards migrated to that room to play more games. Then you have the afker's sitting around in that room once they're done playing such that people go to that room because it has the most users logged in. So it's probably just a simple numbers game: some people started playing games in Madrigal, and so that became the popular room.

Punkuser, when people who have a user account on GOS login to GOS, do they get dumped into a random room or the last room that they were in during their last session? If it's the latter, then that would also explain it.
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Jottle wrote:I think the truth is that since there's rarely ever more than a couple games going on at any one time, at some point a couple games got started in Madrigal.
Wow, I never knew that. Keep on keepin' it real.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Jottle wrote: Punkuser, when people who have a user account on GOS login to GOS, do they get dumped into a random room or the last room that they were in during their last session? If it's the latter, then that would also explain it.
The client always tries to join the last room it was in, guest account or otherwise.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

This thread actually kinda accentuates how dead Myth is right now.
Jottle

Post by Jottle »

I miss watching game tape when I'm not sucking at this game. Get back into the auto-recording film rooms! It's been weeks since anyone has played outside of Madrigal.