Kickball League CANCELLED

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Kickball League CANCELLED

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

Due to unforeseen changes in my schedule this event is CANCELLED
the next Stoned Trow event will be ffa league 2015 in the fall... till then, GL & HF

par73

Re: KICKBALL: Volunteers Needed

Post by par73 »

playing 2team at the moment seems like a waste of time, while a tffa would actually work and is probably the only thing i would be interested in helping put together. i'm pretty sure tffa is the bridge between "FFA" and "2t" as well so it goes well with your idea.

set map standard in kickball is pretty stupid, and ive always enjoyed the aspect of a 2nd place team picking the next map. set map standard might work if there was an actual consistent 16 players who were interested in playing but in all likelihood there are not; give the control of what is played to those who show up.
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

Tffa would be awesome, kickball 2t sounds fun but i have my doubts about the turnout for that. There needs to be some kind of transition though, even some kind of continuation of ffa league would be cool.
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

You guys might be right, but if so that's really too bad. If there's not enough interest in kickball I'd do a testing night for the map pack that would take place on Tuesday nights. The pack still has a few kinks and a few trades that don't work too well. I was thinking of doing signature trades by this year's and past FFA League medalists à la Poison Holiday. Zak has said he no longer wants to develop the pack so I'm going to poke around and find someone who wants to help on that end.
shadow

Post by shadow »

zero chance for Kickball
next any good 2T games will be in TWS 2015 (if that would happen)

TFFA sounds about right
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

The next time good 2 team games will happen is never. There are not enough good players left to field 2 quality teams.
par73

Post by par73 »

lahl
ill do the pack just teach me how to take out the annoying voices that attributed to at least one player quitting myth

would be great to do that pack in a tffa format

also, what do you think about a TFFA League MM? i realize doi and almighty bob aren't around but a lot of the ffa league games end up being TFFA anyway. there would be plenty of different ways to implement a scoring system as well
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

If by TFFA league you mean people have set teams that they have to play with, then I think the likelihood of it being a success is below kickball.
par73

Post by par73 »

that sounds like a really limited idea with the amount of players we have. i think players should be allowed to play for (or be randomed onto) any team, however scoring could be for set teams i.e. team A consists of two players who have 38 and 62 points for 100 combined
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

I like that idea par, would there be a way for the server to automatically display team totals as well as individual?

The way I see it is the show n' play method is really the only thing that's proven successful in the "off season". Any league or tournament idea fashioned around that premise should be successful as well. You could take the tffa/teams of two concept a step further perhaps and allow teams to go head to head against eachother in 2v2's, combined team 4v4's etc playable at any time during the week (so long as you're in phelot and for a significantly less point value) with a set tffa time one night of the week. The only problem I could see with this is that it could potentially reward activity rather than skill, i.e. one or two teams playing a ton of games during the week, so a weekly match limit may be a wise institution should this happen.
par73

Post by par73 »

did you play in toxyn's valor tournament?
was TFFA, and the 6-team bracket results would seed the bonus round of each week, where the 1st place team would play the 6th and so on. was a really great idea at the time and fielded enough teams for 5 rounds. i don't think it would be that successful as it has limitations the show-n-play style does not, such as set number of teams (per bracket, per match); but is worthy of mentioning in regards to TFFA to H2H
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

What if I just started hosting a weekly show & play 2t night? It wouldn't be scored but we could keep stats. I guess the problem is mostly people getting butthurt about noobs on their team, and then those noobs getting counter-butthurt.
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

That would be cool, could just make it a show n play of any kind, ffa, 2t, tffa.
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

I think I might actually just host a 2t kickball league myself. Cap gets 5 points, player on winning team gets 1 point. First to, say, 200 points wins. Show & play, but after the first selection, the teams must lock & players that show up after have to random the rest of the match. This would prob be Tuesdays from 9-12 PM EST. Even if turnout is low we can just play smaller maps. What do you guys think? Does anyone know of a good small 2t map pack?

In related news TWC just upgraded my connection to 200 MBS for free, NYC baby.
Garrick

Post by Garrick »

I like that idea milk. I'll try to participate as much as I can!
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Won't have time to start this until mid January, but if nothing else is going on I'll def host it then
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Re: Kickball League 2015

OK I am going to do this once I start school again. Please chirp in with suggestions for the rules. Gonna PM punk & see if he can get some autoscoring going, and maybe a sticky for this thread. I've edited the first post, check it for the tentative rules, dates, etc. I'm wondering if we should have a map standard?

Even if, at first, we only get 4-8 people the 2v2 3v3 and 4v4 will be fun while word spreads.
Garrick

Post by Garrick »

Work pending, I'll be there. I can also host if need be.

Personally, I like the idea of a simple show and play. Pick a time and date, advertise, and get as many people on as we possibly can. Doesn't matter if the games are 2t, tffa, or ffa.
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Yup, and show & play it will be. All in all if you read the rules this league is more pick-up than it is kickball.

Oh and guys I'm still relatively flexible regarding the day/time. Could host Wednesday or Thursday instead, on east coast evenings, so if anyone is really interested but can't make the time I've proposed please speak up.
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Re: Kickball League 2015 begins Wed, Jan 28 @ 8 EST

Please be advised that the day/time has been changed to WEDNESDAY from 8 - 11 PM EST due to changes in my schedule.
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Re: Kickball League CANCELLED

Due to unforeseen changes in my schedule this event is CANCELLED
the next Stoned Trow event will be ffa league 2015 in the fall... till then, GL & HF
ska

Post by ska »

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

LOL AUTOCRAT AND SAM PLAYING WITH BIG BALLS IRL