Destiny..Why bungie sucks

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Lod=Legend

Destiny..Why bungie sucks

Post by Lod=Legend »

I bought destiny day one, before i starting off sound really negative i want to say there are some aspects that will hook you - that makes it somewhat fun to play however in general the game is really poorly done. i did not have any expectations even tho i believe ( after playing the beta ) that the full game would be fun.

Why.. ?

here is godda*m why

First off all the singleplayer story cannot be played without internet connection AND on xbox you need a live account ( 30 to 60 $ ) in order to play the game. That means you cannot play the game if you eat too many donuts and forgot to pay the expenses for internet connection ( Kabuki ).

Singleplayer is REALLY SHORT and can be completed by an experienced player in 8 to 11 hours , do NOTE that traveling time, returning to base to re-equip time and getting from point A to Z time is included.

at first impression you feel like you like you get a epic storyline like , i mean cmon its bungie right ?

There is no story
They didn't bother

nothing is explained.. there is no lore or info menus in game.. you need to google everything in order to get info about the lore. there are no noteworthy characters , all seem dull, rigid and don't add any life to the game like you would expect ( compared to other games and/or genre ) there is no story line about the main character that is you , you just get revived after you were dead for who knows amount of time without any explanation what happened before that and why you are revived.

The voice acting is ok but i don't know what peter dincklage (or whatever is name is ) has to add... at most times his voice acting is rigid dull and doesn't add anything to the game, it could have well been prince harryn from england that did ingame voice. this is because of poor script and not the actor himself.

Gameplay in relationship with AI is poorly done, they just seem to randomly jump behind cover and jump back , also there are only 4 types of enemy and this count for each race : cannofodder,elite, tanker, mage, - a bit like halo 1 so to say. Bossfights are just plain stupid, all their shit is easy to dodge and the amount of time you need to kill a boss is the same when you date underaged girls and get caught.. in most cases bosses do not pose any challenge and you have to hit time 2000 times in the head ( RLLY ?!?! ). it reminded me of renwoods last farewell map.. horrible piece of shit.

The Main base called the TOWER is useless.. the reloading times you need to travel between and go there are so long you could you might as well smoke a huge bag of weed because that time is hard to kill. They want to give you this RPG like feeling but you only see like 15 people walking around at the same time like there is some retarded limit. The biggest issue is that YOU cannot talk to other people... YES that's right... in multi and singleplayer voice communication doesn't work - you can only talk in party chat which destroys the whole MMORPG concept of the game - you will get more ''snizzles from babyshaker'' than any worsd from other people playing this game. ( of course bungie did this because voice will lag the servers.. fucking cheapskates ) .. hell compared to this game babyshaker seems like a damn social legend.

Further more the amount of people you can play with is restricted to 3... ( REALLY )... sometimes when you have a event ( side quest ) randomly popping up while playing in that case 6 players will automatically randomly join you on the map in order to fight some subboss...sounds fun but it does not add much to the game and these side-quest are repetitive have nothing to add and can be downright anoying if you try to complete the main quest ( especially when you have slower connection ).

The loot is non-existent.. when you find some cool sword you lose it on the end of the mission , you won't find as many weapons as other RPG like games and the weapons itself are mediocre...here is why... all weapons look the same.. yes they do the only thing that change is the paint colour, red dot sight colour or the colour of the tracers you fire. same with armour.. there are few armour sets ( like 3 ) and they all look alike , the only thing that changes is the colour or extra defense , reload time they give.

Locations are sparse.. the only place that seems large and almost non-linear is old russia on planet earth , however i must mention that are is no reason to explore it because there is nothing to do there. Other locations like the moon etc are linear and exploring is not a factor.. same for venus. After these 3 there is nothing to do in destiny and you basically completed the game.

For some reason people praise the size of enviroments but in reality it is not better than halo reach.

Everyone seems to praise the graphics... seeing different versions on different platforms i agree it does look nice but i can only agree to a certain extent. The graphics come straight out of 2008 / 2009 PC games... there is not much difference 1080 P versions between PS4, Xbox one and 360. especially the 360 version is a joke.. poor anti -aliasing , bloom , blur and that kind of stuff - to be honest ghost recon advanced warfighter 2 had better graphics, anti-aliasing, framerate,shading and lightning, particles than destiny and it had the same draw distance as well. it is not next gen and it was released in 2007 LOL...i even believe battlefield 3 has better or the same graphics.

they try to make it epic, the only thing that make it seem epic is the soundtrack..aside from that it seems a lonely cold soulles game with no social interaction going on whatsoever.

Then we have the multiplayer..

4 or 5 goddamn multiplayer maps.. yes... even world of tanks had the same amount of maps when it came out but that game didn't cost me 60 $. it's a joke , the expensions/downloadable content they plan to release should have been included in the game on release date. I think bungie knowns their game sucks and they know they have rushed it so they give you some lame 2 acces code so you can download the first 2 expensions for free , just like those anoying bitches in relationships that think they are giving you a gift by having sex with you... like they give it away to you, like they have control over the relationship, like you own them something... skanks... you don't owe someone anything and everything is a shared interaction - and when its cost you 60 $ you want quality.. not some mediocre 50/50.

Just imagine this.. you going to a hooker and instead of getting everything you pay for she stops in the middle of a blowjob and tells you to come back later and pay additional $. that what destiny is like , when you are having fun you gradually notice that there is no content and you have to wait or pay for something that you should have gotten in the first place because you paid for it.

Again voice communication is non-existent in multi player as well

The balancing is horrible... when you are level 5 , 9 or 13 you will get dropped in games where everyone is 10 levels higher than you and unlocked shitloads of skills and abilities. Multiplayer gear is customized that means you can take your level 20 assault rifle and armour to a game where everyone is level 5 , it doesn't make sense. Weapons balance is stupid.. the only good weapons are a few pulse rifles and most shotguns.. snipers , scout rifles etc are useless.. YES useless.. they are powerfull on long range but they have no versatility whatsoever since almost all maps are about close quarter combet. pulse rifle, auto rifle and shotguns are dominant , some subtypes of these classes are overpowers as hell. Auto-aim is so overcompensated it isn't even funny , it takes 0 % skill to make a headshot in this game. all in all it's about having the best gear , the team with the best gear often kicks the shit out of the other teams

Special abilities have no place in multiplayer.. a 12 year old kid with a level 1 dude can throw his special ability on your level 30 character and kill you instantly... a game should be about skill and not instant gratification - this multiplayer is made for kids so everyone can get a kill which render the whole thing pointless.

about special abilities... all look the same , warlock for example.. the first 4 skills are really new and add something after that the skill tree only revolves about grenade duration, reload time , speed or defense. there aren't no new moves or any really interesting skills.. 80 % is shit that you won't notice and only affect gameplay and characters in sublevel. subclass Sundancer or whatever the damn name is completey sucks and revolved about igniting people doing dsmage over time but that has no use in multiplayer where shit revolves around instant kills and repitive auto aim headshots witch full auto assault rifles. what im saying here is that there is no point to evolve towards a different subclass because it sucks even more than the original one.

im not saying the skills don't add anything.. they certainly add but not to the extent that you would expect or need in order to have a unique gameplay experience. vehicles are overpowered.. yeah if you know how to be smart and kill them you will kill them , but you will not kill a player who is a expert in vehicles - expect them to have ratios of 10.0 or 20.0 each game. i also don't get the added value of turrets and vehicles because they are so overpowered in both defense and offense that for newbs it won't be rewarding to be a foot soldier.

4 maps .. facepalm

Reason they released the game without letting reviewers review the game is because they know it sucks.. from 500 million they surely spent a largest amount on marketing and not the game itself. bungie has lost its soul and has a become a marketing whore.

a large amount of people and reviewers give them game mediocre ratings.. to be honest a 6.0 out of 10 is the right rating , this is just a mediocre game - a generic FPS shooter with RPG elements that are so barebone it does not even resemble or come close to a RPG.

did this mean i didn't had or can have fun with the game... yes just like some other mediocre gamse i did had fun but not worth the 60$ ripoff... it's like going to mcdonalds and paying 30 $ for a bigmac , yeah it would taste nice or decent but not worth the 30 $ it will feel like a ripoff - and you will finish it rather quick because it has little nutritional value.

when i compare it with myth 2.... myth 2 i hated at first glance.. yes... but after playing it for a while i started to love it because it not only takes a while to discover the story and lore but it ALSO is challenging and it takes SKILL - it's a rewarding experience to have vets and win games with glorious micromanangent and strategy. if you fail in this game it is just like real life - you will get fucked up your army will be slaughtered and your vets will get their limbs cutoff and die a gruesome dead. if you win you will get rewarded, your soldiers will becomes veterens, glorious trumpets, and ale all around. first time i played singleplayer back in the day, my best archer vet and legendary heron died in the last battle just before the game ended - even tho i beated the game i felt like i had sacrificed alot to secure the real and defeat soulblighter.

with destiny i loved it first glance.. but i started to hate it as it progress because there is no discovery - just generic repetitive mssion and story. you are not exploring any lore , it is not challenging and it doesn't take skill to complete any objectives. there is no strategy ( little tactic in multiplayer). if you die nothing will happens and you just respawn without penalty. winning or losing does not add anything to the experience - it's just a dull playthrough.

i remember Soul reaver 1 for the playstation 1 ( very old game ) , great game far ahead of its time when it was released etc ( 9.5 out of 10.. youtube this game ), in that game when you died you just went to the soul realm to come back or you were revivied at the base ( the abyss ) .... yes failing didn't add much neither but the story, lore, and voice acting was so well done you want to explore it further and complete the game.

destiny does not have the above... they just released the beta to see how many people will buy the game because nothing has changed/improved released since the beta ( gameplay wise ). its just a weird marketing statistics thing.

maybe it changes with expensions etc.. but right now this game is mediocre and do not expect much , respect less when paying 60 $. you are paying 60 $ for a extended beta
BIG KROK V8 SS

Re: Destiny..Why bungie sucks

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I think we need to start talking about how great Lod's avatar is.
wwo

Post by wwo »

Never been in a game with you afaik, but in one post you have contributed more to this community than everyone else combined in the last 4 years. Good job.
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

srsly.

Thanks for the warning lod
par73

Post by par73 »

Lod=Legend wrote:first time i played singleplayer back in the day, my best archer vet and legendary heron died in the last battle just before the game ended - even tho i beated the game i felt like i had sacrificed alot to secure the real and defeat soulblighter.
when i first played as a young lad, i named the units who became vets and if they died i would restart the mission from a saved game to keep the vets :o
good times :)
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Glad an article about Bungie includes mention of the peach wonder in it.

WoW + Halo = Destiny = Bungie no longer "Making the games we wanna play!"
Destiny is a derivative project based on focus groups and marketing research into what bullshit will sell the most to the masses.
Also Bungie seemed to hire well known WoW obsessed people who clearly put more thought into their WoW characters and playing that then making a great new Bungie franchise.

The only question is, why is Jason Jones still working there?

I am funding a black ops mission to acquire Ling Ling's head
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOQFN6U0hSI[/youtube]

Stop wasting your time with shitty games and play something that is actually fun.
shinco

Post by shinco »

par73 wrote:
Lod=Legend wrote:first time i played singleplayer back in the day, my best archer vet and legendary heron died in the last battle just before the game ended - even tho i beated the game i felt like i had sacrificed alot to secure the real and defeat soulblighter.
when i first played as a young lad, i named the units who became vets and if they died i would restart the mission from a saved game to keep the vets :o

LOL. I used to name the best vet and micro with him. Like "I"/he was the unnamed leader of the battle.

shinco
wwo

Post by wwo »

shinco wrote:
par73 wrote:

LOL. I used to name the best vet and micro with him. Like "I"/he was the unnamed leader of the battle.

shinco
Same. I would even prevent other units (especially dwarves) from getting kills so my "captain" could finish them off.
switch

Post by switch »

Bumping this. Did destiny ever get good?
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Played destiny on a friend's Xbone and it was pretty fun for a single playthrough. Every level is pretty much the same shit though...fight through enemies on a huge ass map, explore part of it, fight a boss at the end. Use whatever gun you get that's the highest level, get easy headshots cuz of the aim assist.