DE 3 (bottom bracket) - Underdogs vs Gentlemen Scheduling

Asmodian

DE 3 (bottom bracket) - Underdogs vs Gentlemen Scheduling

Post by Asmodian »

the fallback is set for Saturday, 7pm EST. Use this thread to reschedule if necessary.
par73

Re: DE 3 (bottom bracket) - Underdogs vs Gentlemen Schedulin

Post by par73 »

can we play de2 maps, they are better than de3
wwo

Post by wwo »

No reason for a preference, but what are your thoughts on 2pm est Sunday?

Also, are you not recusing yourself (asmo)? I'd love to play on two teams, but thought it was kind of dickish after Dantski bailed and the other two (us) took on more responsibility.

(or just link me to the relevant thread where this became immaterial. I'm not keeping up-to-date with myth's goings-on.)
Shotgun

Post by Shotgun »

2pm Est looks bad for the underdogs players that have replied so far.

Did you mean to say "are you recusing yourself?" As in am I letting myself get off without a punishment because of dummying?
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

It's common knowledge Grim, I never tried to hide it. This is mwc 2014 with 6 teams; there is no reason for having strict rules & regulations. As I stated before in another thread, the whole purpose in making that Underdogs team was to give people a chance to play that were trying to find teams, but no one invited.
wwo

Post by wwo »

The original point in both of us dummying was to lead whatever rabble was leftover. Quite frankly, I forgot about it until someone asked me while drunk who Shotgun was. Whatever its initial purpose was, staying on as the captain/primary player is really just a douchebag move. Maybe let them combine with the team you just illegitimately eliminated?
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

wwo wrote:Whatever its initial purpose was, staying on as the captain/primary player is really just a douchebag move.
I gave players on the team (iandif) the opportunity to cap,but he rather just play so I took over captaining. I'm giving players an opportunity to play in an organized manner where they actually have a shot of playing some decent & fun games instead of just being curb stomped. There has not been 1 game this whole tournament where I gave a player that showed some useless role, every game they are getting unit intensive roles that are larger than a normal role for players on either of the top 3 teams.

As far as eliminating Teabaggers, I honestly considered throwing the match because showing to 2 matches in a weekend is pretty crazy, but I thought it would be unfair to the Underdogs players that have actually made sacrifices to have 4-5 players other than me show every week. The Teabbagers were aware that shotgun was me (the game title was 'not asmo's host) and they had no problem at all. Also I already let Teabbagers know that if they want to play more that they could join Underdogs roster. The only player that has contacted me about that is switch and I added him.

I feel like the only ones that are complaining about this are the people who haven't been affected by it at all.
wwo

Post by wwo »

That's all well and good, but I remember our initial ideas having to do with training them up to lead their own way, and we'd just take over whatever role was left. Whether or not someone else wanted to captain or lead or heavy hit is beside the point. Of course someone much better and more experienced is going to get shoved to the front. That doesn't mean you have to accept it. And you leading them doesn't mean they're still not going to get curb-stomped. So what then?

I feel like complaints can be legitimate no matter who brings them up.

That said, I'd like to play on the Underdogs this weekend if my official team shows up with enough people to spare me. I'll use the account I made the same time as Shotgun. Cool?
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

They have 'lead their own way'. The first week I didn't show and they did just fine and I feel as though I have helped them become better players. Iandiaf (doug tfs) has certainly got a level he could contribute to any team.
I'll use the account I made the same time as Shotgun. Cool?
No, I guess that's the only reason I didn't come straight out say, "oh hey I'm Asmo" because that would just lead to more complaints.

I have no shame doing what I did as I feel like it has helped the tournament overall. I feel I'm in a position that I can do what I want as long as it benefits the tournament since I had to pretty much organize the tournament by myself when other people fell through on their commitments.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Asmodian wrote:They have 'lead their own way'. The first week I didn't show and they did just fine and I feel as though I have helped them become better players. Iandiaf (doug tfs) has certainly got a level he could contribute to any team.
I'll use the account I made the same time as Shotgun. Cool?
No, I guess that's the only reason I didn't come straight out say, "oh hey I'm Asmo" because that would just lead to more complaints.

I have no shame doing what I did as I feel like it has helped the tournament overall. I feel I'm in a position that I can do what I want as long as it benefits the tournament since I had to pretty much organize the tournament by myself when other people fell through on their commitments.
Lots of lols but whatever.
Was first week the week when I went like 38-0 or something dumb on grilling grounds with trow vs the same team (but without a vet player capping and trowing for them?).
Big difference on last weeks maps that are nearly all trow maps with 2 vets doing trow duty in both teams to how games in first week went.
Regardless not many fucks given over it all.
If the fallback time for that team this week works for me and I'm not busy I'll possibly play (depends if feel like it at the time and don't have something else on).
Can't say much fucks given last week besides that a couple of spectator's in the game were truly annoying and need a mute button in-game. And not talkin about Kyrptos on that one.
Specifically crun's and paris's chat as spectators in the match was just annoying.
iaindf

Post by iaindf »

To be fair he did encourage me to take capping duties, and I was quite happy to do it until I put some effort in for only three of our team to show up. Then I sulked.
par73

Post by par73 »

I find it pretty amusing that Dantski, Asmo and Wwo allegedly conspired to oust me from TOing the mess that is MWC14, to put together The Underdogs team while being on another team.

because they would all be banned if I was TO and they had dummied.
Asmodian wrote:As far as eliminating Teabaggers, I honestly considered throwing the match because showing to 2 matches in a weekend is pretty crazy, but I thought it would be unfair to the Underdogs players that have actually made sacrifices to have 4-5 players other than me show every week.
Oh so this is why the tournament had another huge delay in scheduling. Because Asmo doesn't feel like showing up to two matches in one weekend after going through great lengths in rationalizing why he signed up two teams, against his own rules.

Gents were prepped to play 2 matches in one weekend on the chance we went to the bottom bracket. Instead we spend two weekends playing cookie cutter teams. Do we even have to show up against the underdogs at 7pm on a Saturday? I'd rather be doing other things, just eliminate and ban The Underdogs as you rightfully should do so instead of continuing to indulge in breaking your own rules and defending your actions.

Flat I probably would have had more nice things to say if I could have substituted instead of spectating 3 games of a close but mind numbingly boring match. Directions are nice things, wouldn't you agree?
I still have no idea why Father Xmas didn't allow me to sub for teabaggers, and underdogs get Crun and Kryptos in return, except for his blatant ego and distaste for me after he talked a bunch of shit in 2006 about how NFDF was gunna rape tcox and subsequently got swept.
You can pretty much thank him not only for losing the match, but for not allowing subs to play (on two teams that were designed to have subsitutes play) and allowing spectators to spectate.
You can also thank him for not detaching any units to you or rab while he marvelously AFK's in the brain during two key games. Rab pretty much sat for 8 minutes on Hills Grilling CTF for no reason, I'm sure he'll be back to play myth again in the future.
wwo

Post by wwo »

Devil's Advocate aside...

A newb team led by a dummy vet shouldn't eliminate a legitimate team. Win whatever games, but the legit team should be the only one to advance. At worst, let the dummy team's legit players auto-sub on some other team that needs players. But really, all this does is tell people who aren't on a top 2 or 3 team to just not even bother signing up.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

If you aren't on a top 3 team you sign up to get better and have a chance to play in big 2t games, which are rare these days.

If Teabbagers wanted to play more then maybe they should have played better, it's that simple. I already offered their members spots on the underdogs.
wwo

Post by wwo »

Asmodian wrote:I already offered their members spots on underdogs.
The proper thing to do would be to ask to fill-in on their team, not the other way around.
Asmodian wrote:If Teabbagers wanted to play more then maybe they should have played better
How would underdogs have done without you? Did they actually play better, or did a vet have too much influence? Answer: they're not better, anymore than Underdogs fared vs 2-ball-rabble-led-by-any-number-of-players-better-than-you.
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

paris and wwo think so highly of asmo's abilities. apparently he is such a dominant player he can singlehandedly defeat a real team of vets, with nothing but a team of complete newbies beside him. damn asmo welcome to 5 ballerdom.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

wwo wrote:
Asmodian wrote:I already offered their members spots on underdogs.
The proper thing to do would be to ask to fill-in on their team, not the other way around.
Asmodian wrote:If Teabbagers wanted to play more then maybe they should have played better
How would underdogs have done without you? Did they actually play better, or did a vet have too much influence? Answer: they're not better, anymore than Underdogs fared vs 2-ball-rabble-led-by-any-number-of-players-better-than-you.
Well underdogs won Sleepyhollow when I suicided the FG. So apparently they did just fine.
any-number-of-players-better-than-you.
This things exist? I wasn't aware.
argos

Post by argos »

ok, so are we on fallback or what?
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

wwo wrote:Devil's Advocate aside...

A newb team led by a dummy vet shouldn't eliminate a legitimate team. Win whatever games, but the legit team should be the only one to advance. At worst, let the dummy team's legit players auto-sub on some other team that needs players. But really, all this does is tell people who aren't on a top 2 or 3 team to just not even bother signing up.

Broski if a team loses to vidhiro, tangoes and (i thought for like 3 minutes but I can't actually think of there other players) not sure if that can be called a "legitimate" team.
wwo wrote: But really, all this does is tell people who aren't on a top 2 or 3 team to just not even bother signing up.
I think it shows the opposite it shows maybe some players aren't as good as others thinks and if the lesser known players put it some effort and get a decent leader they can perhaps do well.
par73

Post by par73 »

Chohan wrote:
wwo wrote: But really, all this does is tell people who aren't on a top 2 or 3 team to just not even bother signing up.
I think it shows the opposite it shows maybe some players aren't as good as others thinks and if the lesser known players put it some effort and get a decent leader they can perhaps do well.
i think its cool the underdogs players went from being swept by teabaggers to pulling off a 3-2 upset victory, however I think it had to do more with how father xmas, a more known player, is a terrible leader and captain rather than underdogs putting in effort, having a less than mediocre leader or playing well.

also idk if going 4-21 is a great example of what you're trying to preach here.
they were basically 1-19 until they upset teabaggers.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

They were competitive in at least half of those loses. You have to start somewhere.
par73

Post by par73 »

first you tell us, mwc2014 is competitive; now you tell us, underdogs had competitive games

lol
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I guess it depends on your definition of competitive. I certainly find the top 3 of this MWC more interesting than last year; TMNT was the best team last year by a wide margin.

It's unfortunate that players such as yourself and other self-proclaimed top-players can't be better to make things more interesting.
Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

Well clearly the reason teabaggers lost is becasue I wasn't there to throw them on my back. I apologize to my team for abandoning them in their time of need.
par73

Post by par73 »

Asmodian wrote:I guess it depends on your definition of competitive. I certainly find the top 3 of this MWC more interesting than last year; TMNT was the best team last year by a wide margin.

It's unfortunate that players such as yourself and other self-proclaimed top-players can't be better to make things more interesting.
It's unfortunate that players such as yourself and other self-proclaimed top-players couldn't be better from 2004-2008 when myth was more interesting.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Top Teams MWC 2005

1. No Overall Winner
2. BIAUIHYAC2 (BIA2)
2. Thundercox (TCox)
3. Hand of Allah (HoA)
4. Unholy Alliance (UA)
5. The Living End (TLE)
6. Mostly Harmless (MH)
8. Real Men Alliance (rma)
8. PoOp
10. Nowhere Final Destination (NFD)
10. Swedish Meatballs (Sm)

Seems like one of us got better than the other sooner. I was leading teams to top 5 finishes why you were on your quest to start leaching off of top teams. ;)
par73

Post by par73 »

Sm was nowhere near a competitive team in 2005
TLE wasn't either

the top 4 teams in 2005 were leagues ahead of any of the other teams, which had a huge drop off in team talent (and small drop off of total teams participating) compared to the year before (2004) and after (2006).

One of us truly got better than the other; I was a mwc finalist by 06, a champ by 07, and a repeater by hand picking talent in 08. At least you were right about one thing.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Sorry I don't think someone who placed 5 spots below me is good enough to comment on the 9 teams above him. Your statement has no credibility.
par73

Post by par73 »

Since MWC2005 never finished, nobody actually has any credibility in that tournament, do they?

:D
here's a lil reminder what happened after I wasn't on 56k dial up or a forfeit team.

Myth World Cup 2006

1. Northern Pallywankers (Np)
2. Thundercox (tcox)
3. Brills Meets Evil (BME)
4. The Fucking Sorcerers (BIA3) 5. NFD ft. fcomm (nfdf)
6. The Elephriends (Ele)
7. The Wight Foundation (TWF)
8. DIRECT EFFECT (DET)
9. Team Name (Tnam)
10. Gentlemen's Club (gc)

I raped your team
http://www.mythgaming.net/mwc2006/match.php?id=31
call me rooner

"5 spots below me", eh? :lol:

Myth World Cup 2007

1. ThunderCox (tcox)
2. 12 Tasks (12)
3. Anal Bleachers (ABS)
4. CobraKongCommandos: Castlefight Series (CKCCS)
5. Wu Tang Clan (WTC)
6. Myth Blooper Allstars (MBA)
7. The Syndicate (Syn)
8. mental (mental)

I raped your team
http://www.mythgaming.net/mwc2007/match.php?id=82
call me penos
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

All this shows is the greatness of my captaining. When I captain a team the does good, when I don't they place lower. I only played a total of 6 games during the 2006 mwc btw, I don't even count that. It was right in the middle of my heyday on WoW.

Are you proud of being a part of one of the greatest finals rapes in 2006?
par73

Post by par73 »

^ the epitome of your stupidity and lame trolling. try harder.

nostalgically
i was in my heydey of wow too, a tcox member paid for my subscription to play. :o
i think it was a huge waste of time and i stopped playing before the subscription was even up.

this was the beginning of my inclusion to the tcox core, and one of the greatest times to play myth.
hence
par73 wrote: It's unfortunate that players such as yourself and other self-proclaimed top-players couldn't be better from 2004-2008 when myth was more interesting.
so anyway, to conclude this thread: underdogs can't reschedule for tomorrow at sunday 2pm so we play the underdogs tonight at 7pm, because asmo has no dignity to disqualify himself or a team that cheated against his own rules taking levels of grimriggery to new skyhigh peaks
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Whens the fucking fallvback and I see if I can or want to show up or not