Films

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
NewMutator

Films

Post by NewMutator »

Realized I had very little FFA content posted, so this is a request for a a couple films of FFA games you'd like to see casted, such as games from Milkman's FFA league that just concluded. Just post here identifying games or pointing where they can be retrieved, etc.

NewMutator

Re: Films

Post by NewMutator »

I realize Milkman posted his filmpacks and I guess I can select films at random from those, but I figure I would ask those that participated if there were any games in particular that they'd like to see casted.

There was mention of a game with 15 minute sudden death?
Chickenwire

Post by Chickenwire »

nerds
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

I went ahead and casted that film--thanks for identifying the map!

If you'd like to view it, follow the link: http://youtu.be/opCfP-gH94I
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

Ugh you reviewed the worst game!

Check out the Chest STB week 3, CW wins with 6 wights to hilarious effect.

Wight Falls II terries week 10 was a solid one too.

Take a look at some of the games of "Myth of Gor Ash," can't go wrong with an 11 start lmoth with a giant pyramid mid. I know it was played weeks 3, 4, 6, among others.

Another good map/game was Tokkun Doju FR, there's games of this scattered throughout.

Also, an Axe to Grind lmoth week 9. GKG he-mans a win in a long SD (an entertaining one not pussyfoot dance-off like that Stone Heart game). Also funny because even after 9 weeks of playing this map ffa champion cremisi manages to get locked out of mid yet again (funny how bad he is at a camp-proof map :)) The games of lmoth on this tended to be pretty fun in general.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Thanks for your specificity. It appears I am missing the plugin for a few of the films despite having both FFA map packs. It seems An Axe to Grind is one of those I am missing, and searching the Tain provided no hits. As for the maps you mention that were played multiple weeks, would you prefer I choose one at random or was there a specific game that makes the grade? I appreciate the information, that's more or less what I'm looking for. :)
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Why don't you pick one game from every week? There were spotlight players who scored the most per week. Pick one of the games where they win, format of either absolute rape to a close hard win. If you don't feel like watching them, or get any good suggestions, look at the players who played in the film in the pre-film screen and look for the game with the most talent featured. every week was different, it was a 3 month tournament? it practically documented the end of mwc season.
Might be an important project.
I don't doubt this could be an important project but I don't know how realistic it would be for me to attempt exhaustive coverage of the 150+ films. That's why I am asking the players who participated (and even casual observers who downloaded the films) for their input in determining the specific games I cast. That way instead of petering out a fraction of the way through (which is liable to happen) I can always be in a constant state of completion with the films if I cast them in the order of their demand. Looking at the films with the most talent featured, as you suggest, is not a very impartial approach as one's choices are always colored by subjective considerations (and they don't always make for the best games anyway). But I appreciate your suggestion nonetheless. From your perspective, what were the specific games that you think ought to be casted?
I'm sure Chickenwire had some impressive games Week 1, and I think there was a game that I absolutely raped solo vs teams in Week 2. Other than that, there are probably a shitload of films of Cremisi and Ratking teamed up against clueless newbs in ever other week.
Thanks for narrowing down some possibilities. Can you tell me what map was played in that Week 2 film? Also, if there's interest in any other films please help me identify them by mentioning both the date (or week # they were played) and the map that was played. I think that's sufficient for finding specific films.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

One more thing! I think I'd prefer not knowing the outcome of the game in advance. It makes the game a bit more interesting to watch. So if you suggest certain films, you don't have to tell me how it ends!

Thanks, hope you enjoy the video(s)
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

I wouldn't call adren's comment "insight" unless you think players like GKG, Rawr, Head Hunter, etc are "clueless noobs." There were also some "mystery players" like spot (Dantski?), Monkey Kong, Battle Axe, etc. The composition of elite players just shifted later in the season from CW/EW/Adren/Par to the players just mentioned. He's just bitter cause the schedule didn't go his way. Admittedly we were all playing mostly for fun (except adren apparently).

Oh and Axe to Grind is in this map pack: http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/tsg-map-pack
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

You should shoutcast some previous MWC's too NM – I'll post some films soon.
par73

Post by par73 »

@MM: I'm not bitter about whatever way the scheduling went! Just saying, I won 21/24 games I played in or something. You couldn't even win the tournament where you played in every single game, in Loels 2 bitterness about Fall FFA tment etc.

sup ew
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

You're on crack on multiple levels. (A) I was responding to adren's comment not yours (B) I took myself out of the scores so I wouldn't win my own "tourney" at your suggestion (C) LOELS 2 BITTERNESS
par73

Post by par73 »

where's the link to the films page?
falcon

Post by falcon »

falcon

Post by falcon »

and this is a 1 second margin KOTH game from FFA league, worth shoutcasting
http://uploading.com/files/get/mf6543bc/game%2B1
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

films of grim's FFA finals from last year

http://uppit.com/1i9ryfbewa5t/grimFFAfinals.rar
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Thanks for all the suggestions! Dantski--can you tell me what plugin I'm missing for game4 of the films you are providing?

I've finished casting your suggested Axe to Grind game, Milkman. Expect that up later on in the evening.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Thanks. :oops:

I'll take a gander at the supplied films. Anything I need to know about this FFA tournament?

By the way, a couple more videos are up. That concludes all the specific suggestions made by Milkman.
falcon

Post by falcon »

Do me newmutator, I mean do my suggestions!
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

NewMutator wrote:Thanks. :oops:

I'll take a gander at the supplied films. Anything I need to know about this FFA tournament?.
Nothing that special, was in 2011 and grim ran it at the same time as MWC was being played. Its the last 'competitive' FFA tournament played. Unfortunately some of the tournament films weren't saved/uploaded (grim's fault!).
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

sup playboi
par73

Post by par73 »

Do the film where east wind and I win 95%-0 against 5 other teams i think it was gimble or gyre
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Nub Mute check out the Titus Groan LMOTH game week 8... ends with a 3 way JMK. Great game even if cowardly crem lets my arcs die early on.
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

par73 wrote:Do the film where east wind and I win 95%-0 against 5 other teams i think it was gimble or gyre

yaya i remember that streak we had
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Hey guys sorry for the hiatus. I'm not sure which film you guys are talking about (paris & east wind)? I'll try to get some more content posted this workweek.
falcon

Post by falcon »

why u no shoutcast kroked games.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

I lost interest in the krok games about a minute in. Maybe if I had a bit of context I'd know what I was watching. ;)
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Almost done with last year's FFA tournament. Any other games I should take a look at?
falcon

Post by falcon »

New mutator you dint shout cast any of ma films
wtf idiot.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Actually I did the third one you suggested. Just you and MM I think both suggested it. I started to do the first two but it didn't really seem interesting to me because I didn't have a context for what was happening. I already said this but you never responded!
grim

Post by grim »

You should add a link to your youtube channel to your sig.