REAL LIFE YO

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Homer

REAL LIFE YO

Post by Homer »

This is a thread to talk about things other than Myth. Lets face it, this game has been analyzed to death and no one cares anymore besides Asmodian, Ratking and Rawr, and good on you for caring, I'm glad your preserving traditions.

But I'm curious to see what people are doing in real life after spending so many frivolous hours on video games for years and years at some point most of us have to find jobs and mate with women, and possibly raise brats to become the future diseases of various online communities that refuse to die.

A quick update on me, over a year ago Grim told me to buy Nokia stock, and I made $1,000.00 I promised to donate this money to Myth prize pool, well I'm not doing that, now that I actually have the money I realize how little I would want to give it to anyone of you.

DO you have any idea how many times I typed NOK into google? A lot.

Now that I've made a very modest amount of money for doing nothing and government took half I'd like to share that while society continues to crush my soul, my hopes remain high that I will one day meet a real live girl to sleep with, and raise a family of children I can make fun of and give self-esteem issues to. Something to work towards. I've been participating heavily in the DOTA 2 scene and realize the level of people's commitment to go pro in video games is probably more serious than that of professional athletes, no one will every think they are cool though or admire their physique.

Because they are not cool.

I look forward to watching everyone talk shit on each-other and challenge 1 v 1's this year it's going to be very exciting to watch how much better everyone still think they are at this game than they actually are.

Cheers
Pogue

Re: REAL LIFE YO

Post by Pogue »

Now that was a masterful post.

I spend my time working for an oil company as an analyst, golfing, riding my Ducati, watching the Red Sox, and checking these forums when I'm taking a shit like right now.
wwo

Post by wwo »

Here's something quick and easy that will make your life better.

This is my basic tomato sauce that I use for pretty much everything: spaghetti, manicotti, pizza, lasagne, etc.

1 can tomato sauce - I prefer Muir Glen brand. It's "organic" (do not care), but it's also consistently smooth, fresh, and very very mildly seasoned. Many others have an excess of salt.
2 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
1 tbsp dried oregano (double or triple the amount if using fresh)
1 tbsp black pepper
1/2 tbsp dried basil
1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp chili powder

That's it. Make it at least an hour ahead of time so the flavors have time to meld. Can be eaten as is or cooked; no independent cooking required.
par73

Post by par73 »

When did you first put stock into NOKIA?
Edulus

Post by Edulus »

One should not eat tomato sauce from a can due to BPA induced cancer risk. I ask you to only eat tomatoes and their derived products from glass containers or to buy them fresh and make your own derivatives. Praise Jambi.
Silent

Post by Silent »

----------------------------------------------
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Moved houses, met a girl from Argentina she and I in serious relationship for almost a year now, my job is on the rise almost 10 years as professional chef as a milestone, when the resturant I work at does renovations next year I am going to travel South America for at least 3 months.

My long time best friend has started building his own personal brewery in the back of his families house that ill be working with him as a chef making matching beer food and heavily investing in creating a business between both of us in ten or so years when he makes his own proper label through testing and tasting. I help once a week to do bottling and capping.

Games ive been playing include

The wolf Among us
Diablo 3 (level 70+ paragon Crusader on Hardcore difficulty)
Portal II
Myth
Shadowrun Returns; Dragonfall

Kind of giving up gaming mostly, there are not a lot of appealing games to me, and the push for MMO and online communities, platforms like Origin and Uplay have pushed me away from purchasing many games. That said there are many hidden gems I look forward into the year at such as Pillars of Eternity, Amikrog, Ultimante General Gettysburg and the Witcher III

Masterchief still does his weights and works to keep his family afloat. He escaped doing military compulsory service after Russia decided to take some land. He still works on his renders and you may of seen his myth 2 work to create a animated film of the coop level the wall.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWsqeR27Js0[/youtube] actual footage of Masterchief

Vantobia has a family still living life large, he is a Marine Biologist and pretty much moved ahead with gaming altogether but enjoys a game once every couple of months

Joker ;aka Kadvael- training to be diplomat for the United Nations, lives in Milan pretty much flat out with his studies and is under the wing of some famous Italian politicians in the inner circle. Obviously has his commitments in place, traveling to many countries for visits and community work kind of like P.R campaigning work for his Resume.

Sight; still goes to school, plays Myth when he can. Still has not figured out how to woo girls yet but likes to render them looking at similar career as Masterchief.

Sasper; still works drinks he can post his own story and plays myth like me when I can

Anyway as you can see, this is why I didnt put Deer as a team this year or any time soon for tournaments; priorities change as Homer posted. I talk to my former team mates frequently and we all want to play together when we can. I am actually in the process of getting a coop night going every Sunday at 11:30pm which would be Saturday 9:30am EDT in a few weeks to get running.
argos

Post by argos »

I am a martial arts instructor (BJJ and Judo) at a gym, and I am studying to be an elementary school teacher right now, which I am really enjoying. I just moved into a studio apartment overlooking the bay, its a really sweet place. I basically train and teach kids and teens how to strangle and throw each other, go to school, volunteer, workout and play video games.
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

What's your steam ID?
Zak

Post by Zak »

argos wrote:I am a martial arts instructor (BJJ and Judo) at a gym, and I am studying to be an elementary school teacher right now, which I am really enjoying. I just moved into a studio apartment overlooking the bay, its a really sweet place. I basically train and teach kids and teens how to strangle and throw each other, go to school, volunteer, workout and play video games.
What are your belt ranks in bjj/judo, do you do any no-gi, and what is your lineage?
Aki

Post by Aki »

i'm in grad school for economics. play dota2 from time to time. might go to Stockholm end of this summer.
Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

This is a great thread, I hope more people participate.

I worked in the mortgage business during the mortgage crisis. I was one of the shitheads who got rich off of all the stupid people. I worked in secondary selling off all the garbage sub prime loans to Bear Stearns, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and others. The company I worked for went out of business after the mortgage crisis and I was out of a job.

Instead of joining the ratrace again and competing with all the other recently laid off workers I decided to take some time off and started travelling around Asia.

I ended up really liking Korea so I decided to take a job teaching English. I have been teaching English at a public elementary school for the last 3 years.

I am engaged to a wonderful Korean girl and we are planning on returning to the US in 10 months when my current contract finishes.

I still game, just not as much. I have been playing some LoL, dota2, starcraft 2, gtaV and have been rather obsessed lately with clash of clans.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

LOGGIN'
CLOGGIN'
TAKIN NAMES
argos

Post by argos »

Zak wrote:
argos wrote:I am a martial arts instructor (BJJ and Judo) at a gym, and I am studying to be an elementary school teacher right now, which I am really enjoying. I just moved into a studio apartment overlooking the bay, its a really sweet place. I basically train and teach kids and teens how to strangle and throw each other, go to school, volunteer, workout and play video games.
What are your belt ranks in bjj/judo, do you do any no-gi, and what is your lineage?
PMed you my exact lineage, feels a little weird to post other peoples names on the internets without asking them first. Aside from that my rank in judo is ikkyu brown belt, working on my shodan right now, did kata already so thats out of the way, but id like to do it again and make it better. I just have to win more in competition and I'll hopefully have the points I need to advance at some point. At this point I'm only fighting other Ikkyu and black belts, so the competition is very good. My general lineage for Judo is from Western Washington University, my instructor is 5th degree under the USJF and has a long competitive record, including gold in US Nationals in 2008 in his weight category (45+). I have been doing Judo for about 4 1/2+ years.

My BJJ rank is blue one stripe, my instructor is a first degree blackbelt under carlos gracie and also a 4th dan in Judo. He runs a club in Bellingham, where we share space with MMA and karate classes. I have been doing bjj for about 3 years, off and on between competitive seasons and training in judo. I teach judo to kids and teens and I assist with BJJ classes for kids and teens as well, sometimes adults. since i work at the gym im usually training most days a week after work. I really like BJJ and it has helped a lot in judo.

I like No-Gi and train it sometimes, but I favor gi because of my judo base. I think no gi is good to experience, for sure. I like to compete every once in a while in bjj, going to try to be doing it more this year.

If anyone wants any specific info about the clubs I train at in WA state and wants to visit them to train if you are in the area, just PM me.

I assume you have some training as well, what do you do?
par73

Post by par73 »

there is a bellingham in WA? :O

ruiner was born and raised in bellingham MA ;)
tirri

Post by tirri »

i am listening to this song
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd3Ch53PxBs[/youtube]

i bought these shoes (the blue ones) http://www.amazon.com/Merrell-Excursion ... rell+glove

i went to see x-men days of future past. i rather liked it and was pretty excited for most of the duration

im scraping all play-by-play data from nhl.com from 2009 onwards and will hopefully have time to do all new models this summer. it isnt really possible to go much deeper with the data that nhl produces right now without watching matches manually and taking notes which isnt really possible for anyone and the net-gain would be doubtful at best. this scraped data combined with throughout modeling should keep me ahead of the market for a couple of years.

me and my wife are renovating our apartment. the house was built in 1870s i think and is located in one of the most expensive area in helsinki. i doubt usa was even founded back in 1870s

im super excited to be participating in mwc. its time to bring home another one of those mwc rings

PEACE OUT HOMIES