90 degree lock shot film

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Giant Killer General

90 degree lock shot film

Post by Giant Killer General »

http://gateofstorms.net/games/47562

occurs at about 4:55 - 4:50 time remaining in the game
punkUser

Re: 90 degree lock shot film

Post by punkUser »

Haha weird. I had thought you meant the cases where a lock just fires 90deg off of where it "appears" to be facing, but this is a real bounce. Never seen that in regular myth :)
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

You know you've played too much mazz when this just looked normal to me at the time.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

When a fast approaching unit is charging a warlock, and the warlock's auto shoot is engaged at the right time while running away from that unit, the warlock's shot will compensate for the velocity by shooting while facing the opposite way, but the fireball will shoot out to meet the oncoming attacker.

same is true for units that shoot any projectiles. if a unit is traveling fast enough at a soulless or archer, they will shoot at the attacker, but the spear/arrow will travel either straight up in the air or even straight behind.

one scenario i would like to try is the aforementioned except with a fetch. since the fetch's strike is always precise in striking its target when within range, i'm thinking the same as the warlock scenario would hold true, and it would shoot the bolt from behind its back. i don't think the bolt would miss if a unit was approaching a fetch fast enough that it shot up in the air or behind itself like an archer/soulless.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

watch the film, krok. the shot started going one direction, then turned 90 degrees and went another direction mid shot. never seen anything like it before.

i was planning on making a little edit with this shot... but I'd have to re download all the software I used to make vids... maybe eventually when I have more time. It's worth immortalizing this moment in myth history lol.
Edulus

Post by Edulus »

I watched the film and enjoyed the full on zoom out. I saw rawr rage quit in that game.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I'll check out the film now. I was just elaborating on some other general physics of the game. I've see a warlock shot go straight up. On venice it can be achieved if the warlock is up on the rampart and shooting downward at a unit. The shot literally goes up like an escalator. i wish i'd have saved that film from when it happened. it only ever happened once.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Yeah that is interesting. Its not like the ghol was right in front of the lock either. It was already established and just decided to turn. My guess is maybe there is something in the terrain, like a microscopic glitch or some sort of infinite hill that diverts the warlock shot that way. I don't think it has anything to do with the ghol.
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:I'll check out the film now. I was just elaborating on some other general physics of the game. I've see a warlock shot go straight up. On venice it can be achieved if the warlock is up on the rampart and shooting downward at a unit. The shot literally goes up like an escalator. i wish i'd have saved that film from when it happened. it only ever happened once.
Someone posted a video on YouTube of that. I think it was Enc if I recall correctly.