rawr being a poor sport.

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
shinco

Re: rawr being a poor sport.

Post by shinco »

Aki wrote:Someone alert the trow council!

Settle down, I'm here.

shinco
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

I find it amusing how much kashmir and others like him sound just like OM / vinylrake. It can't just be coincidence that they all share a superiority complex, thinking they know what is the correct way to behave on the internet, and that anyone who doesn't conform with them somehow needs to be mentored online until they do conform with their definition of proper behavior. It is like they want to be online parents for others. What's next, no cursing online? Are they all grammar nazi's online too? Possibly. So many things shared in common. OM / vinylrake will forever represent this stereotypical person in my mind.

I also find it amusing when the term bullying gets thrown around online. Of course cyber-bullying exists, but I would bet it hasn't happened to any of you yet in myth. Has anyone been digging up your personal information and posting it publicly? Is anyone attacking you online with personal attacks? Many of us who have been around in myth long enough have experienced true cyber-bullying, and most of us that are smart about it, still don't give a shit even when it happens to us.

No, instead you are whining about bullying from someone hate-playing you in an ffa. Gee whizz, welcome to FFA in myth. If you don't like it, then do what everyone else does: don't play FFA, or don't play with those people. Or maybe it was some "mean" text that flashed on your screen. It may be boo-hoo for you, but it isn't bullying. If somehow you could magically take away people's ability to be "mean" to each other online, then really all you have done is just infringed on the basic freedoms of the internet, making you 10x worse than the supposed "mean" people.

There is a strange irony in how these people think the "mean trolls" are the self-centered and selfish ones whose behavior needs to change. I would argue the opposite, it is actually they who think the world revolves around them, and if anything it is their behavior that needs to change.

The myth community isn't full of sociopaths or even abnormal. Ever heard of twitter? You will find way more vile shit spewing out of people there. Okay so the issues everyone is really talking about is not just the myth community, but really everywhere in the internet.

Oh, and competitive players will always prioritize competition (i.e. fun) over friendliness. I highly recommend Kashmir and others like him go play with the private OOH crew, so OM / vinylrake can protect you from the big bad wolves. Plus they are more on your skill-level anyway.

Alas, let me be completely sincere for a moment and give you one piece of advice: it is important in life to grow a thick skin. Try growing yours.
par73

Post by par73 »

the only poor sporting done by rawr (as his competitive aggression is just natural) was when he made the claim he would rise to #1 on the leaderboard in wins and subsequently 1v1'd THOR on his own host.
Kashmir

Post by Kashmir »

It's refreshing to see that reading and comprehension is alive and well in the world. It's also refreshing to see that independent thought is alive and well in the world.
shadow

Post by shadow »

fuck kashimir, fuck new players - nobody need them

everybody want old players to come back
and as maximum, new MYTH (but bungie and jason jones personally - dont give a single fuck about it ; also gkg spending his time on some shitty "free-to-play" games and carrying assmo's ass , so everybody can keeping wish)

time's up
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

Giant Killer General wrote:I find it amusing how much kashmir and others like him sound just like
You are not getting what's being posted about. Are you actually reading the discussions? You're certainly not understanding my own posts. Disappointing. I thought you were smarter than that.

It's not about "they know what is the correct way to behave on the internet". It's that they personally find some behavior less fun to be around, AND we know lots of people in various online games are so turned-off by that same behavior that it drives them away when they come in as newbies, and are faced with a bunch of asshole vets. It even drives vets away, when they're sick enough of it.

Is everyone an asshole in real life, or do many people prefer, and use, some degree of social civility? Is it a requirement to be an asshole in a game? If being around assholes is disliked by many in real life, should they suddenly like it when it happens during their gaming recreation? Many of us are fortunate enough to deal with few assholes in real life, should we enjoy in our leisure time playing with a higher % of assholes? Should we do nothing and say nothing about it? I'm not going to be passive about something I dislike.

>"they all share a superiority complex"

Amazing you can make such a deep analysis based off of nothing. So for you, "disliking assholes" means "I think you must have a superiority complex". I think your all-knowing amateur psychologist reference sheet needs updating.

>"What's next, no cursing online?"

No one has said that, why are you inventing straw men? And, LOL, have you read the Terms of Service for pretty much every online gaming environment ever? Here's the one from GoS: "You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material".

>"Are they all grammar nazi's online too? Possibly."

No one has done that kind of bs, why are you again inventing straw men?

>"OM / vinylrake will forever represent this stereotypical person in my mind."

Perhaps you should get past your preconceived notions and see what people REALLY are about and what they're ACTUALLY saying. You sound like Adrenaline...you have ESP, you don't need to read anything to already know exactly what it says.

>"No, instead you are whining about bullying from someone hate-playing you in an ffa."

I don't believe a single one of these posts are whining about bullying (though maybe I mis-remember one). I know for sure several posts are making it very clear that it isn't about what happened to them (in some cases, it didn't even happen to them, just witnessed!). It certainly hasn't happened to me. It's concern (not whining) about the effect of bullying on others.

>"infringed on the basic freedoms of the internet, making you 10x worse than the supposed "mean" people."

So do you find the ToS of every gaming environment you have ever been in (including GoS) horribly repressive, unjust, and draconian?

>"There is a strange irony in how these people think the "mean trolls" are the self-centered and selfish ones"

People who don't give a shit how their behavior affects others, the community, or their environment ARE selfish. But to you "disliking assholes" equals "selfish"? Your amateur psychologist reference sheet needs updating.

>"it is actually they who think the world revolves around them"

I don't think any of those discussing the topic are acting like the world revolves around them, but feel free to make whatever "diagnosis" you like. You seem to like making a lot of them, based on nothing.

>"The myth community isn't full of sociopaths or even abnormal."

It's worse than Myth was in 1997, and it's worse than any new online game I've played lately. Because there aren't enough normal people to dilute the population of assholes, so the ratio is worse. And the more that trend continues, the worse it will get, making Myth smaller and smaller, as normal people leave it, and won't join it.

>"Oh, and competitive players will always prioritize competition (i.e. fun) over friendliness."

Nope. I've played in plenty of online games with very skilled players who are normal people. One doesn't have to be an asshole to be skilled. Although there certainly are assholes who are very skilled.
Kashmir

Post by Kashmir »

There's really no point in even trying to carry on any semblance of a discussion at this point, jason. These people either:

A) Are incapable of understanding what they read.

B) They have no grasp of the language this exchange is being carried out in.

C) They've joined the thread, read a few people's comments categorizing it as what it's not, formulated their stance and gone from there.

You would have more success carrying out a discussion with an amoeba.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

I see what's going on here. It is a big misunderstanding. If you only read the title of the thread and saw the long posts by Kashmir, you would draw the conclusion he was whining about being wronged in a game. But that isn't what he was doing. His post from page 3 summarized it a lot better than the rest before it. Basically he was talking about someone else who was whining about being wronged in a game.
Kashmir

Post by Kashmir »

Pyro wrote:I see what's going on here. It is a big misunderstanding. If you only read the title of the thread and saw the long posts by Kashmir, you would draw the conclusion he was whining about being wronged in a game. But that isn't what he was doing. His post from page 3 summarized it a lot better than the rest before it. Basically he was talking about someone else who was whining about being wronged in a game.
Just stop it, you make too much sense. Your kind has no place here!
East Wind

Post by East Wind »

Kashmir - you just need to figure out who the idioits are. Can't do anything about them really and to your point of turning new players off - its nothing new. Myth has a pretty steep learning curve at least in terms of becoming elite, so newb bashing has been going on for ages. All you can do is do the opposite and help out any new players.
Kashmir

Post by Kashmir »

East Wind wrote:Kashmir - you just need to figure out who the idioits are. Can't do anything about them really and to your point of turning new players off - its nothing new. Myth has a pretty steep learning curve at least in terms of becoming elite, so newb bashing has been going on for ages. All you can do is do the opposite and help out any new players.
This thread hasn't been about anything meaningful to me since my page 3 post, which Pyro just referenced. Purely comic relief since then, it's been amusing to watch the idiots come out of the woodwork like cockroaches, one after the other since. The only question now, is just how many there are. Returning to play Myth after being away for 12 years or so has been comical. It's like I opened a time capsule that has been buried for 12 years or so, only to find that there are lifeforms inside among the inanimate objects. I'll let the cockroaches ponder that for a while and see what sort of antics ensue.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Pyro wrote:I see what's going on here. It is a big misunderstanding. If you only read the title of the thread and saw the long posts by Kashmir, you would draw the conclusion he was whining about being wronged in a game. But that isn't what he was doing. His post from page 3 summarized it a lot better than the rest before it. Basically he was talking about someone else who was whining about being wronged in a game.
If Pyro is intentionally being ironic, his post was golden.

Allow me to edit/translate:
Pyro wrote:I see what's going on here. It is a big [sarcasm]misunderstanding[/sarcasm]. If you only read the title of the thread and saw the long posts by Kashmir, you would draw the [obvious]conclusion he was whining about being wronged in a game. [sarcasm]But that isn't what he was doing. His post from page 3 summarized it a lot better than the rest before it.[/sarcasm] Basically he was [whining] about someone else who was whining about being wronged in a game.
Running home and crying to mommy = whining, end of story.
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

adrenaline wrote:Running home and crying to mommy = whining, end of story.
Where is there any mommy in all this? No one has asked anyone to rescue them from some big, bad meanie.

You have a strange dictionary if someone saying "I think vets yelling at newbies for no good reason is not good for the future of Myth" = "crying to mommy"

Did you bother to read enough to realize that Kashmir has never been complaining about anything done to him? If not, then you know nothing about "the story" and you have nothing to contribute.
Magic Jane

Post by Magic Jane »

jason_ac wrote: Newbie assholes can drive away people as can vet assholes. Though, a newbie asshole being likely unable to repeatedly hateplay anyone right out of the game, probably has less ability to drive away people than a vet.
Assumtions you made on your own Self. In other words; Your view of the world that new players are incapable of hate playing or not playing the game according to the Bungie NET RULES. It's your self centered assumptions that drive you.
jason_ac wrote: Though I have trouble believing anything you claim.
What ever, No need for me to lie, but thanks for taking the time to post about something you have no Idea about. Oh wait you said something about this::
jason_ac wrote:despite knowing nothing about me, other than what you made-up in your head

jason_ac wrote:You were committed to spending an entire weekend to hateplay me off GoS

???Quote me where I said I'd hate play you.. Your next last word post should include that quote. If I remember correct; I wrote, I'd play in the way that you recommend.
Yes, I said I'd terrorize your host until you left for the day, frustrated. Yes, I can read the posts and did. Yes, I know you weren't the original poster. Yes, If your gonna QUOTE ZAK, as YOUR reference to good behavior, that's gonna have a price. Yes, You have no clue about the terror that went on at Mariusnet, that brought me to your attention with the Quote, which was kind of the point. Yes, Two weeks and 100 post later your apparently still butt hurt about all that.

jason_ac wrote:Makes me wonder how many newbies you have personally hateplayed right out of Myth based on "justifications" you made-up in your own head.

Oh wait, This has already been said..
jason_ac wrote:despite knowing nothing about me, other than what you made-up in your head
All too funny and very clueless. Go ahead and insert your I and rehash the same stuff you've already been stuffed on. It's ok... I understand
argos

Post by argos »

what is even happening here!~
Magic Jane

Post by Magic Jane »

For that matter. This post is about rawr acting in poor form. I gave a clear example that new players can be in bad form also. You commented that they can and then went on to be rude and abusive to me.. For what reason?!?
An oxy moron if you will. You claim you can not believe me that a new player would be foul to another player, yet here you are.. Being foul
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

I honestly don't see any point in taking any stock in what Kashmir or Jason say because:

A) Every year some new/returning player bring up the SAME topic.
B) After realizing they will get lambasted and ridiculed they leave myth.
C) Adren, GKG, Paris post the same things in these topics every year since I've been back on myth (2009) they're still here, the newbs they argued with are long gone.
D) Everyone is set in their ways at this stage and even though they talk about avoiding the "idiots" I've seen everyone that has posted in this thread play like an "idiot" (hateplay, BC, etc) at least a couple times. It is part of the game, take it or leave it, but complaining about it on a 7 page thread will just make more people want to hateplay you in games.

At the end of the day I like to compare myth to prison. When I first came back I was nice to everyone and all like "yay, it's all wonderful, everyone gets along!" Then I learned it was either time to toughen up or be someone's bitch. No one that plays myth anymore has a thin skin like Kashmir and Jason obviously do since they're so indignant all the time it seems. "No one understands the topic boo hoo." Yeah actually they do, they have just heard it before too many times.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

in this case, "mommy" = the intended audience of this thread, obviously. does everything have to be so fucking literal for you to understand it?
Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

This isn't a myth problem, this is an internet problem.
Kashmir

Post by Kashmir »

Somebody has turned out the lights and here they all come, scurrying about.
cremisi

Post by cremisi »

Kashmir I was 20 points away from wining an FFA tournament hosted by Milkman and for 3 weeks straight I was getting rushed by 2 to 3 players at the start of every game to prevent me from wining , I was having a lot of fun getting rushed and lolling the whole time , I kept on playing and ended up wining the tournament . the point is play this game to have fun and enjoy your time and do not pay too much attention to how the players are behaving . its just a game .
Giant Killer General

Pyro wrote:I see what's going on here. It is a big misunderstanding.
Not a misunderstanding at all. His first post says it all:
Kashmir wrote:This is right in line with the discussion in the "Jerk infestation" thread. rawr gripes at me in PG KotH after I killed his locks and mortar which were blasting away at me.
Kashmir wrote:On KG KotH he's attacking my HGHs nonstop, then he starts whining when I retaliate. Note that in both games I am at the flag, playing the game type and competing for the win. Imagine a new player being lambasted by him for no good reason, just as in these films, they're probably going to abandon the game as he is exhaustingly annoying.
"me, my, I". Just because on page 3 he says his feelings aren't hurt doesn't mean anything. The fact that he started this thread and continued to post so much on this topic means everything. Nobody believes he doesn't care after he posts as much as he has, and nobody cares.

And yea Kashmir, it is easy to post 3 pages of bullshit nobody is going to read, then claim lack of reading comprehension on everyone else. That's so cool bro. It's not you, it's everyone else, right?

And yes, I did not read everything in this thread, and yes, I am responding to multiple people not just Kashmir.
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

EW wrote:you just need to figure out who the idioits are
EW wrote:idioits
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!
Kashmir

Post by Kashmir »

Hello everybody, my name is Giant Killer General, it's page 6 and I haven't read shit, but I desperately need to show my stupidity, so here goes:
General Killer General wrote:I find it amusing how much kashmir and others like him sound just like OM / vinylrake. It can't just be coincidence that they all share a superiority complex, thinking they know what is the correct way to behave on the internet, and that anyone who doesn't conform with them somehow needs to be mentored online until they do conform with their definition of proper behavior. It is like they want to be online parents for others. What's next, no cursing online? Are they all grammar nazi's online too? Possibly. So many things shared in common. OM / vinylrake will forever represent this stereotypical person in my mind.

I also find it amusing when the term bullying gets thrown around online. Of course cyber-bullying exists, but I would bet it hasn't happened to any of you yet in myth. Has anyone been digging up your personal information and posting it publicly? Is anyone attacking you online with personal attacks? Many of us who have been around in myth long enough have experienced true cyber-bullying, and most of us that are smart about it, still don't give a shit even when it happens to us.

No, instead you are whining about bullying from someone hate-playing you in an ffa. Gee whizz, welcome to FFA in myth. If you don't like it, then do what everyone else does: don't play FFA, or don't play with those people. Or maybe it was some "mean" text that flashed on your screen. It may be boo-hoo for you, but it isn't bullying. If somehow you could magically take away people's ability to be "mean" to each other online, then really all you have done is just infringed on the basic freedoms of the internet, making you 10x worse than the supposed "mean" people.

There is a strange irony in how these people think the "mean trolls" are the self-centered and selfish ones whose behavior needs to change. I would argue the opposite, it is actually they who think the world revolves around them, and if anything it is their behavior that needs to change.

The myth community isn't full of sociopaths or even abnormal. Ever heard of twitter? You will find way more vile shit spewing out of people there. Okay so the issues everyone is really talking about is not just the myth community, but really everywhere in the internet.

Oh, and competitive players will always prioritize competition (i.e. fun) over friendliness. I highly recommend Kashmir and others like him go play with the private OOH crew, so OM / vinylrake can protect you from the big bad wolves. Plus they are more on your skill-level anyway.

Alas, let me be completely sincere for a moment and give you one piece of advice: it is important in life to grow a thick skin. Try growing yours.
Giant Killer General wrote:
Pyro wrote:I see what's going on here. It is a big misunderstanding.
Not a misunderstanding at all. His first post says it all:
Kashmir wrote:This is right in line with the discussion in the "Jerk infestation" thread. rawr gripes at me in PG KotH after I killed his locks and mortar which were blasting away at me.
Kashmir wrote:On KG KotH he's attacking my HGHs nonstop, then he starts whining when I retaliate. Note that in both games I am at the flag, playing the game type and competing for the win. Imagine a new player being lambasted by him for no good reason, just as in these films, they're probably going to abandon the game as he is exhaustingly annoying.
"me, my, I". Just because on page 3 he says his feelings aren't hurt doesn't mean anything. The fact that he started this thread and continued to post so much on this topic means everything. Nobody believes he doesn't care after he posts as much as he has, and nobody cares.

And yea Kashmir, it is easy to post 3 pages of bullshit nobody is going to read, then claim lack of reading comprehension on everyone else. That's so cool bro. It's not you, it's everyone else, right?

And yes, I did not read everything in this thread, and yes, I am responding to multiple people not just Kashmir.
Congratulations, you just beat out adrenaline in a landslide for the stupidest human being on the face of the planet award. A round of applause please.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

HAVEN'T READ A SINGLE WORD OF THIS THREAD GG.
Giant Killer General

you are too mean, let me go post a thread about it
Kashmir

Post by Kashmir »

Giant Killer General wrote:you are too mean, let me go post a thread about it
Sweet, I'll be there on page 6 to chide you for something you didn't say.
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

Pogue wrote:has a thin skin like Kashmir and Jason obviously do since they're so indignant all the time it seems.
I'm not indignant. Nothing has been done to me. I simply agree with the sentiment that "asshole vets abusing people will drive both newbies and some vets away from Myth". Kashmir is also not complaining about anything that's been done to him. Just pointing to it as an example of behavior that will drive some newbies & vets away.

>"No one understands the topic boo hoo." Yeah actually they do, they have just heard it before too many times

No, they don't understand. They're confusing 1 topic they've heard before for another topic they've heard before. This topic hasn't been "boo hoo, I'm Kashmir, poor me, I got mistreated". It's been "asshole vets abusing people will drive both newbies and some vets away from Myth".

And just to reiterate, I'm not talking about rawr specifically. I have no idea how he behaved.
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

adrenaline wrote:in this case, "mommy" = the intended audience of this thread, obviously. does everything have to be so fucking literal for you to understand it?
When your analogy is invalid and makes no sense, you do have to make it literal, because otherwise it's incomprehensible. And now that you've made it literal, you show how little sense it makes. No one has asked anyone to save them from a big meanie. No one is crying to any mommy. Not once. Which you'd know, if you bothered to read the thread.
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

Giant Killer General wrote:And yes, I did not read everything in this thread
Which is why your posts (& Adrenaline's) have nothing to do with the actual topic of the thread.

>"Nobody believes he doesn't care after he posts as much as he has"

Oh, Kashmir cares, as do I. You just have no clue what he cares about, because you're not reading. He doesn't care about what was done to him. He cares about the effect of people on players of Myth in general (newbies in particular). As do I.

>"it is easy to post 3 pages of bullshit nobody is going to read, then claim lack of reading comprehension on everyone else. That's so cool bro. It's not you, it's everyone else, right?"

It's only a few people demonstrating lack of reading (or reading comprehension), and yes, it is on them.
sasper

Post by sasper »

jason_ac wrote:
Pogue wrote:has a thin skin like Kashmir and Jason obviously do since they're so indignant all the time it seems.
I'm not indignant. Nothing has been done to me. I simply agree with the sentiment that "asshole vets abusing people will drive both newbies and some vets away from Myth". Kashmir is also not complaining about anything that's been done to him. Just pointing to it as an example of behavior that will drive some newbies & vets away.

>"No one understands the topic boo hoo." Yeah actually they do, they have just heard it before too many times

No, they don't understand. They're confusing 1 topic they've heard before for another topic they've heard before. This topic hasn't been "boo hoo, I'm Kashmir, poor me, I got mistreated". It's been "asshole vets abusing people will drive both newbies and some vets away from Myth".

And just to reiterate, I'm not talking about rawr specifically. I have no idea how he behaved.
it won't drive many players away.
myth has a clique system... the newbs, the mediocre long term never improvers, the committed competitive players etc. they all keep to their own more or less, and it works like that since there isn't much fun playing against players much better or worse than yourself. sure GKG and krok and whatnot are assholes but just steer clear of them if it bothers you.
the newbs obviously have the thinnest skin and take it all to heart but they just aren't used to the way the community works.
East Wind

Post by East Wind »

Dantski wrote:
EW wrote:you just need to figure out who the idioits are
EW wrote:idioits
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!
:( This was very grim of you dant
Giant Killer General

jason_ac wrote:Oh, Kashmir cares, as do I. You just have no clue what he cares about, because you're not reading. He doesn't care about what was done to him. He cares about the effect of people on players of Myth in general (newbies in particular). As do I.
As I have already stated, it doesn't matter, it is the same damn thing. Whether it is about yourselves or not, it doesn't matter. You are both talking about wanting a behavior changed, or thinking it is bad in some way. You think this behavior is bad for newbies, when in fact you both are newbies. But let's ignore that for a moment and pretend that we believe that you aren't talking about yourselves, in which case everything I/we have said still stands perfectly. You want to act tough about it to save face online, yet also take the time to write this much about it, that's fine.

So I didn't need to waste my time reading everything in this thread, I got the point just fine. Next time, maybe Kashmir should try being more concise and communicating his point more effectively (especially in his original post to start the thread, which I did read), and then maybe people will read everything his says. Of course when you write 3 pages of bullshit after your original post, not everyone is going to read all of it. Poor author or poor audience? I will go with poor author.

Really I think the main thing that we have all learned here is that Kashmir is as big of an asshole as everyone else. And that is perfectly fine. He is just also a giant hypocrite about it as well. Which discredits him greatly and we all find amusing, and I thank him for that.
THOR

Post by THOR »

That's lack of what to do, OMG.
Kashmir

Post by Kashmir »

Giant Killer General wrote:
jason_ac wrote:Oh, Kashmir cares, as do I. You just have no clue what he cares about, because you're not reading. He doesn't care about what was done to him. He cares about the effect of people on players of Myth in general (newbies in particular). As do I.
As I have already stated, it doesn't matter, it is the same damn thing. Whether it is about yourselves or not, it doesn't matter. You are both talking about wanting a behavior changed, or thinking it is bad in some way. You think this behavior is bad for newbies, when in fact you both are newbies. But let's ignore that for a moment and pretend that we believe that you aren't talking about yourselves, in which case everything I/we have said still stands perfectly. You want to act tough about it to save face online, yet also take the time to write this much about it, that's fine.

So I didn't need to waste my time reading everything in this thread, I got the point just fine. Next time, maybe Kashmir should try being more concise and communicating his point more effectively (especially in his original post to start the thread, which I did read), and then maybe people will read everything his says. Of course when you write 3 pages of bullshit after your original post, not everyone is going to read all of it. Poor author or poor audience? I will go with poor author.

Really I think the main thing that we have all learned here is that Kashmir is as big of an asshole as everyone else. And that is perfectly fine. He is just also a giant hypocrite about it as well. Which discredits him greatly and we all find amusing, and I thank him for that.
The general of the stupid brigade returns. How was the long march from the sovereign state of stupidity? Seriously though, I made a total of 5 posts in the first 3 pages, one of which was the initial post which a few people obviously misunderstood. I made a few of posts defending myself from baseless attacks by a few people who obviously didn't understand the post. I made a final post about the topic on page 3, reiterating the 3 main points that people just couldn't understand, even though they were very simple. From that point on I have just been watching the stupid cockroaches come scurrying out of the woodwork, eager to show how stupid they are or what little grasp of the english language they have. I was genuinely impressed with the magnitude of adrenaline's stupidity, but then you showed up. You are absolutely priceless, your first post was just hilarious. You come in all high and mighty, with this longwinded post chiding me for things I never said. It's clear that you saw there was a 6 page thread racking up posts rapidly and decided you had to participate. You were too lazy to read anything though, so you gave it a brief skim, just like adrenaline, the result is your longwinded post that has no applicability whatsoever. You just come across like an arrogant lackwit. Please, do continue, you are my new favorite. I haven't laughed as hard in ages as I do reading your posts. I would be willing to bankroll your standup comedy career, my only condition is that you not try to be funny, just be yourself. The headline will be Giant Killer General: The Unintelligent Ramblings of a Fool. Each night we'll give you a random topic to offer commentary on. We can split 50/50 and we'll both be absolutely rich beyond imagination.
Zak

Post by Zak »

If I start trolling newbs again will they make 9 page threads about me?
Kashmir

Post by Kashmir »

Nobody makes a 9 page thread. Somebody opens a topic for discussion and the community determines the length. Nobody forces anybody to participate in a thread. It's a simple concept.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Kashmir wrote: How was the long march from the sovereign state of stupidity?
Probably not as long as your loveboat cruise with jason_ac down the river of tears.
Kashmir

Post by Kashmir »

adrenaline wrote:Probably not as long as your loveboat cruise with jason_ac down the river of tears.
Welcome back adrenaline. I see that your capacity for understanding the written word hasn't improved since your last visit.
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Just gonna reply to the original post since I don't to read 10 pages of bullshit
Kashmir wrote:This is right in line with the discussion in the "Jerk infestation" thread. rawr gripes at me in PG KotH after I killed his locks and mortar which were blasting away at me. He accuses farhad of crossing the map to tag him, all farhad did was attack his stuff at the flag, then rawr goes full tilt and sends his entire army across the map to BC farhad, completely abandoning the flag and game type. On KG KotH he's attacking my HGHs nonstop, then he starts whining when I retaliate. Note that in both games I am at the flag, playing the game type and competing for the win. Imagine a new player being lambasted by him for no good reason, just as in these films, they're probably going to abandon the game as he is exhaustingly annoying.
1. Rawr is BM? I'm sure this is news to everyone
2. Every game community has toxic players, I am currently playing dota 2 and it's full of people even worse than the bottom of the Myth barrel
3. People get to play however they want, if Rawr wants to be an annoying dick there's nothing in the Myth Constitution to say he can't
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

Magic Jane wrote:new players are incapable of hate playing or not playing the game according to the Bungie NET RULES
I never said newbies are incapable of hateplaying or breaking rules...I did say that they're likely incapable (too unskilled) to be able to repeatedly BC anyone right out of the game.

>"thanks for taking the time to post about something you have no Idea about."

You wanted to BC me off GoS because you thought I approved of breaking a host's rules, and had done so myself.

Had you bothered to read, you would have known I don't support that, and have never done that, not even by accident/ignorance.

Anything else you write to justify your reasons is just a smokescreen for the fact that you decided to hateplay from making a conclusion without reading.

>"I said I'd terrorize your host until you left for the day"

So why are you asking me to quote you? You're saying yourself right here you were planning to BC me off GoS. Which was clear from your posts.

>"I wrote, I'd play in the way that you recommend."

Had you bothered to read, you'd know that I never recommended breaking a host's rules, and said it was not right to do so. Several times.

>"If your gonna QUOTE ZAK, as YOUR reference to good behavior"

I never quoted Zak as a reference to good behavior. Another example of how you weren't following the thread. As I posted back then, I quoted Zak to make fun of the sentiment that "EVERYONE knows this tradition, therefore if you don't follow it, you're intentionally being an a-hole".

>"Two weeks and 100 post later your apparently still butt hurt about all that."

No. But seeing you claim anything about anyone's behavior, reminded me that your credibility is suspect (with me). Given that you'll make decisions to hateplay people without bothering to read. You've shown you'll jump to conclusions based on the tiniest shred of partial information. That makes me suspect any judgments you'd make.

>"then went on to be rude and abusive to me.."

I pointed out your credibility is suspect. I didn't call you names, swear at you, or comment about anything outside of posting & gaming (no personal comments questioning your appearance, sexuality, etc). Doesn't seem abusive to me.

>"You claim you can not believe me that a new player would be foul to another player"

I never claimed that. Go back to the top of this post.
HeadHunterKC

Post by HeadHunterKC »

I tried reading this entire thread, I really did.

LOL @ "rawr being a poor sport" = No Shit.

Myth is a strange land, I applaud you for wishing to make it a safe and friendly place to play video games. What you may not realize is that Myth has always thrived on this type of drama. I was just saying the other day how Rawr has become the new kneipp, the new bunny, the new zak, the new kirk, take your pick, the wheel always turns and it goes back to the beginning of Mythical times.

I hear you on how certain types of behavior will repel new players.

I agree with you, but honestly, we who remain are survivors and we are damn proud of it. We don't want any wimps because wimps die easily and often.

For the most part, when you see players trash talk each other, on a certain level it is friendly, because we who remain are forced friends and if not that, familiar enemies.
wwo

Post by wwo »

Animals make a show of ritual and showmanship because actual combat can be fatal.
Kashmir

Post by Kashmir »

HeadHunterKC wrote:I hear you on how certain types of behavior will repel new players.
That's the point and it's not even about people being rude, it's about people behaving like children. You come on to play and with some people you feel like you are hanging out with children.
HeadHunterKC wrote:I tried reading this entire thread, I really did.
That's a tall order at this point.
Magic Jane

Post by Magic Jane »

jason_ac wrote:. .
Magic Jane wrote: Go ahead and insert your I and rehash the same stuff you've already been stuffed on. It's ok... I understand
LMAO I hope your Mything is better than your Trolling.