Easy Breezy

Asmodian

Easy Breezy

Post by Asmodian »

Too easy to win tournaments captaining. Going to step down from captaining and allow 2t tournaments to be more interesting.

Signed,

'Smo
adrenaline

Re: Easy Breezy

Post by adrenaline »

Yes, because clearly it was your captaining that made the difference today. Surely we would have lost that 6v4 with anyone else at the helm.
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

adrenaline wrote:Yes, because clearly it was your captaining that made the difference today. Surely we would have lost that 6v4 with anyone else at the helm.
clearly Asmo lucked out on player number attendance. This is a flawed victory to the eyes of many bystander in the community, even though it is not the fault of the attending and playing participants. More equality in player numbers would of made your victory much clearly and less lopsided.
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

We won all the games where it was even in numbers.
Besides, noone made cruniac leave or told tirri he couldn't play.
Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

Obviously winning against a team fielding it's 3 weakest players and 1 captain is something to be proud about.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I never specifically mentioned the finals. We beat every team we played in the tournament including your full roster just the week before. I was far more prepared for the finals I doubt the outcome would have been any different if you had people there.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Situation sucked for the finals, but as noted we did already play a good match the week before. Thus given the length of the tournament it wasn't worth trying to reschedule. It's the reality of 7-8 man teams... attendance is as big a factor as theoretical peak skill of a team.
tirri

Post by tirri »

haha you people crack me up. we were leading 2-1 and had already secured the final spot in the first match. after that paris just threw the last 2 games away. do you think our best strategy for tamaerlin koth was slut rush thru middle? i for one felt like it was an instant loss and didnt stop for a second with my trow, suiciding it in mere seconds. our team commented something along the lines of "this went better than expected" when we got you below 40%. using those games to justify like you somehow earned the tournament win shows how SCARED you are to face the real paris juggernaut team

the bottom line is that you faced the most dominating team in the finals, in a draft tourney where they didnt have their first 3 picks present (save for cruniac who understandably didnt want to stay there for a horribly uneven match)
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

<trash talk>
All I hear is crying... at least paris was man enough to show up, play and not try and make excuses!

The real bottom line is that while you can bitch all you want after the fact but it's no ones fault but your own that you "threw games" and "didn't show up" and "rage quit the finals". Frankly every game I've ever lost I threw intentionally so as not to demoralize the Myth community too much and make you all rage quit forever. Now I proof that was the right decision!
</trash talk>
:D

In all seriousness I just hope in the future for half as much actual playing as forum posting. While the drama is amusing, the excuses really need you to play the odd good game for them to have any sting. At this point it's just sad and I much prefer paris' stance of being willing to play out the series 1v6 even if the rest of his team abandoned him.

Also lol at you guys for taking Asmo's trolling seriously each and every time. He's not exactly being subtle and nuanced here... :P
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I would have liked to face the full team... had I known it would be what it was, I would have done something else with my Saturday afternoon. I take no pride in that victory, not that a 4-team tourney in 2013 means a damn thing anyways...

To address Tirri's point about Tamaerlin... I was equally surprised at the rush strat lol... but in counter-argument... most of us felt the same about Asmo's Mjila strat.

Either way... I played 2 matches... one decent, one a waste of time... so I don't give a shit about who won or lost... kind of pissed at myself for registering in the first place, though.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

10-2 vs Team Paris. Steam Rolled

Team Paris morale was so low after a week 3 defeat that their top players abandoned ship in order to pretend that they were not a part of the loss.

3x 2t tournament wins in a row and more to come. :mrgreen:
par73

Post by par73 »

"There is no way we are rescheduling the finals to another day or weekend." - Sat, Nov 9th. Asmo 2013

Oh so we could have rescheduled, or was that just trolling too?

Myrk was then being fairly open to rescheduling, however I guess that could have been trolling too after the MWC05-Finals-never-being-finished-scheduling-fiasco. Which some how the TO's Maddog and Cheezefist got blamed for, by idiots, in retrospect.

1/2 of my team told me they couldn't show for the finals, it was way more fun to blow up the forums between Weeks 3 and 4 with infighting (then watching people who distaste each other play together in 6 games, loel).

You guys won the tournament fair and square for what it's worth. I took a gamble with scheduling and came out pockets cleaned.

It's up to Team Asmo if they want to offer a rematch where my team can actually show up with more than 70% of my roster for recreational purposes.

p.s. We purposely threw games 4 and 5. Actually that's not true, I purposely threw games 4 and 5. After having a great showing vs your team in the first 3 games* I felt very comfortable with playing you in the finals. Of course these 'comforting' conditions involved my 3 starters and at least 2 role players, not 0-2 starters and 3 role players.

*We went into week 3 with little to no pre-game map strategy in comparison to the strategic preparation for weeks 1, 2 and 4.
If you want data on total word count in comparison, I would be happy to provide it. Maybe PunkUser could open up team forums up to a month following a tournament or something.

Actual Week 3 "Strategy" from Par's Team's Team Forums
"Tamaerlin (dark) KOTH 10 minutes

This map is overplayed in tournaments.
We keep shit alive and constantly tag the flag. We want more than 8 minutes of time if possible, so the flag always has to be contested.
We also have to win the BC fight mid. I don't really care for flanking here (especially on koth) and I think we would be better off sending stuff to go fight an incoming flank and focus more on the most important part of the map (the middle)

Cracks FR 12 minutes

Northern Paladins. empy in the 'creme np' position."

I deserved to play with a 4-man team in the finals (my last 3 picks of the tournament) and have my team get swept after throwing the 3rd match; you reap what you sew.

Arsenal, Funky and I all won the Fantasy League tournament, Easy Breezy.
Arsenal and Funky also showed up for every game in this tournament. All 22. That's dedication, great picks on my part :)

Those are my conclusive thoughts on Team Par's "Defeat" to Team Asmo last weekend.

sincerely,
p73
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

gee whiz, a bunch of post-excuses for losing a tournament they supposedly didn't care about coming from myth's usual cry babies.

how adorably pathetic and yet incredibly expected.

Congratulations Asmo, you are undefeated in 2 back-to-back draft tournaments, both well deserved wins.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

We would have rescheduled had you contacted us earlier in the week, not during the match after you lost game one. Chron and Adren both said they could not make the next day so that was not an option. The next week Adren said he wouldn't be able to show. The tournament probably wouldn't have finished if we tried to reschedule for another week.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

I can't make this weekend either - not that I'm a heavy-hitter :) Still, that'd be at most 4 people and likely 3, so there just wasn't a good option.
par73

Post by par73 »

Gee Whiz, someones upset from being excluded as a neutral observer from the finals

how adorably pathetic and yet incredibly expected.

-p73
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

i'm sure asmo gave him a play by play on ventrilo LOL
par73

Post by par73 »

Brooo they totally use Mumble or Roger Wilco LOOOOL
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

par73 wrote:Roger Wilco
Oh man, Roger Wilco... haha that takes me back!
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Team Paris should be just be happy they made it out of the finals alive. I was captaining like a monster with the play by play information I was getting from GKG.
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

http://www.utrend.tv/v/1-one-chance/

This is Asmo when he won against Paris
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

the team asmo/gkg juggernaut cannot be stopped. I just created a new team role in myth - The Coach
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

adrenaline wrote:Image
LOL ADREN
Giant Killer General wrote:the team asmo/gkg juggernaut cannot be stopped. I just created a new team role in myth - The Coach
I believe your correct title is general manager, doc.