Twitch moderators

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Codex

Twitch moderators

Post by Codex »

Was wondering if anybody want to become a moderator for http://twitch.tv/mythlive? If you are interested in streaming you can use use http://xsplit.com/ which is free streaming software for Windows. This would really help me out since I dont always have time for streaming (and I am also not the player people want to be watching and learning myth from). I also havent been free for any of the FFA matches on Wednesdays so someone else could maybe cover those if im not there? Anyway, let me know if your interested and have a good connection for streaming.
Arsenal

Re: Twitch moderators

Post by Arsenal »

I have tried streaming myth before and all I get is a black screen. I have streamed other games with no problem using both xsplit and OBS but no luck with myth. Usually with xsplit when you get a black screen you can make a new capture area and select the game you are playing and then it works, unfortunately I do not have myth as an option as a capture area when I try and set it up. Anyone have any ideas?
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Depending on the tool, you may only be able to stream "ingame" Myth, and only then if you're using OpenGL or DirectX 10/11. Streaming the menu would require a different sort of capture tool that only some applications support (i.e. you're basically streaming the desktop for the menu portion).
Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

wow, thanks. I switched to DirectX and it works fine!
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Great, looking forward to all the streams! :)
Codex

Post by Codex »

Glad that you got it fixed Arsenal :) I haven't tried streaming in opengl but I think in windows directx will work the best for streaming.
par73

Post by par73 »

I could help mod too probably. I often use OpenGL however.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

DirectX 10/11 should work fine too. Just not Software and probably not Direct3D.
Codex

Post by Codex »

Hey par73, if you wanted to be a moderator that would be great :) PM me if you are still interested.