Single or Double Elimination?

General discussion forum for TWS2013

How should the tournament end?

Poll ended at 02 Mar 2013, 16:54

Total votes: 0

par73

Single or Double Elimination?

Post by par73 »

Should the round after the Seeding be a Single or Double Elimination?
you guys decide because i honestly don't give a fuck

double elimination will take longer but teams will have a second chance to go for the gold after losing a match. it looks something like this and is traditionally used for 2 team tournaments.

single elimination will be shorter in duration but teams will be eliminated at a faster pace. the cost of a mistake or an absent key player holds a greater value here. you could consider this more competitive than casual, therefore less desirable for a draft tournament. This is an effective format to end the tournament in one weekend as seen with Asmo's Myth2Hazah Draft Tournament, which I thought was a really efficient way to end it, but mostly due to the fact the MWC tournament was about 8 weeks long before it.

choosing single elimination or double elimination will affect the duration of the tournament following the final round of QR (which is also tentative until we figure out how many captains/teams will be participating.)
adrenaline

Re: Single or Double Elimination?

Post by adrenaline »

Single for sure for such a small tourney... lets not drag it out too long.
par73

Post by par73 »

Hmm I'm feeling that, and I really like how the last draft tournament was concise. However, we have some weeks to spare before someone throws together MWC, so double elim might not be too bad a choice.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Single is better for those that can't commit to that many weekends, though.
Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Either way is good. I don't like how one week can end your tourney.. But otherwise takes forever. Plus no one shows for 2nd BB match
par73

Post by par73 »

that only happened when the coon bros were too butthurt to play after their defeat to your team LOL
wwo

Post by wwo »

Come up with an interesting alt tourney for the eliminated teams. Maybe test new maps (or tagsets) and shit?

3v3? 2v2v2v2? There's lots of ways to keep people playing.
limp

Post by limp »

triple elim