Myth World Cup CHAMPIONS™

General MWC related discussion stuff.

Who is the best MWC champion

Poll ended at 10 Aug 2013, 08:01

Total votes: 0

Asmodian

Myth World Cup CHAMPIONS™

Post by Asmodian »

With Myth World Cup coming to a end in the next two weeks it got me thinking, who is the best MWC champion team? (since 2004)
Let the debate/discussion begin.

The rosters for Armageddon and NC 2009 may be slightly inaccurate as there is no websites up for those years so I was going off of just memory.

BME 2004

Dwarf
Bullet Tooth Tony
Magne
Chohan
Lars Jaegar
Acheron
Loial
Rattle Snake
Neo
Cannibal Ox (9ball)
Shinco
Ozzy

Northern Pallywankers 2006

Rabican
Tirri
Xel
Dante
Crème
Fire
Twix
Gekko
Pumba
ChickenWire
Arzenic
Grim
Migraine
Jushius
Red phoenix
Soul Blighter

Thunder Cox 2007

Cave
Stormrider
Ramirez
Paris
Qwerty
Zer
Grim
Orlando The Axe
Spooky
Arzenic
Weltall
Tirri
Rabican
ChickenWire

Armageddon 2008

Paris
Liger
ChickenWire
Zer
Enigaman
Kirk
Migranie
Magne
Nemesis
Browning
Akira
Gekko

Name Changers 2009

Cu
Adrenaline
Shaister
Ska
Giant Killer General
Ghengis Kahn
Homer
Limp
Ludde

Name Changers 2010

Ska
Shaister
Eastwind
Adrenaline
Limp
Sam
Ludde
Cu
Grim
The Bulls 2011

Giant Killer General
Kirk
Ghengis Kahn
Homer
Browning
Paris
Monty
Absolute
Honkey

Souther Parkians 2012

Giant Killer General
East Wind
Ghengis kahn
Homer
Browning
Paris
Cruniac
Professional Killer
Hadiez
Asmodian

Re: Myth World Cup CHAMPIONS™

Post by Asmodian »

My vote went to Name Changers 2009 for the following reasons:

Loaded with Heavi Hitters
Gkg,Adrenaline,Ghengis Kahn, Shaister (in good form)

Intelligent mythers
Cu,Shaister,Ska,GKG,Homer,Limp

Pretty hard for me to definitively name one of these teams as the best though, they would have all been very good match ups.
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Armageddon, simple fact is its such a diverse range of heavy hitters that are usually at each others throats and yet somehow they won.
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

There is no doubt in my mind that it was The Bullz. And this is proven verifiable fact going by their near SWEEP of the grand finals match against NC, who were a dynasty at that point going for their 3rd win in a row. no other team has come close to that finals score. Ghengis, Kirk, and I were basically the undisputed top 3 mythers at that point in time, all on the same team. Has any other team had that? And the rest of our roster rose to their best and were inrcedibly rock solid as well.

NC in MWC2009 was good, but the strats were inferior to what The Bullz used. This was obviously demonstrated thoroughly in the mwc11 finals.

How about RANK the teams
grim

Post by grim »

BME04 and NP06 were the most dominant one's for their time.

Ps. Kinda impossible poll.

Ps #2. It's just sad that Asmo creates the best forum content these days.

Ps #3. Not that I have anything against Asmo, it's just that we used to have such awesome forum posters.
Giant Killer General

Not everyone is in love with ducky and raz like you are grim.

Asmo is a fine forum poster, by any standard.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Alright here are my rough rankings, but I still have doubts about them. each of these rosters has an amazing "best 7" they could potentially field.

8. Name Changers (2010) - Played in this tournament and at the top of the tournament the teams that had a realistic shot going into the tournament were only two. Name Changers beat TBC in SD in the [who were missing Tirri and Arz for most of the finals]. From most neutral observes this MWC finals is more known for The Ducky Strat™ than who actually won the tournament. On paper this NC roster was great but in my eyes probably the second best team in the tournament.

7. ThunderCox - This team eventually ended up going to losing to NC (12 task) in the finals but than won two games in a row in sudden death. On Paper this team had a chance to be among the best if they had their "best 7" show consistently of Cave,Zer,Grim,Cw,Tirri,Rab,Arz. Unfortunately I'm not sure if those seven ever showed together the same week forcing them to use some decent but not great players like stormrider,ota and qwerty. Fortunately for this Tcox team they were wise enough to not add Flatline to the roster, avoiding The Curse of Flatline.

6. Armageddon - I have heard people say this was some powerhouse roster, but looking at the roster it might be the weakest of all the MWC champions that I listed in this pool. I am glad that Nemesis and Enigman got their mwc ring as they were great characters in the community, but the reality of this team is they have several players on the team that I would not trust making great decisions and no top tier captain to make up for that.

5. SP - Got d0ged to the bottom bracket by "My Team" and eventually squeaked by NC in the bottom bracket finals with and impressive come from behind victory from being down 0-2 and facing elimination. They eventually went on to beat "My Team" which was a team that was beyond stacked, I think My Team clearly had the better roster on paper, but unfortunately I think they had too many active good players forcing them to swap out player too often and limiting their in-game chemistry.

4. BME - Probably my favorite MWC champion because I have ties to Dwarf and Acheron back to the bungie days and I love the massive trash they talked and backed up and the many, many great forum post that came from this. It is pretty hard for me to list this team as they only played in two MWCS as BME and for the second one they added and played liger which all but assured failure.

3. Name Changers 2009 (yes I already switched my mind) - basically me ranking them 3rd after ranking them first just a day ago just shows how great all these MWC champion teams really were. As already stated this team had great heavy hitters and smart players. They pretty much went on to roll through mwc 2009, but I down graded them because I believe this mwc was lacking in competition compared to some of the other ones.

Cop out time - I can not give a definitive #1 so I'm going 1a and 1b

1. The Bulls - Stacked roster that had an amazing trio of heavi hitters with Ghengis (in top form), Kirk and GKG. This team probably strated and prepared better than any other MWC team which lead to some amazing team chemistry. people may argue about the competition of this mwc (which I downgraded NC 2009 for), but The Bulls dominance in the MWC finals over a very good NC roster is one for the ages and warrants them a spot to be tied for the #1 Spot

1. Northern Pallywankers - This team did not lose a match during the entire Myth World Cup, in what I consider the most competitive Myth World Cup from 2004 forward. For the most part this team went on to dominate everyone they played which included a stacked BME team, Strong NC team and a Tcox finalist. If there is any scratch in this teams armor it would have to be against BIA 3 which they ended up winning in dramatic fashion (to say the least). The game 5 loss of BIA 3 to NP is stilll talked about every year during mwc (oh infact it came up yesterday between limp and ew in the lobby LOL) http://www.mythgaming.net/mwc2006/match.php?id=103 films of the series vs BIA.
grim

Post by grim »

Giant Killer General wrote:Not everyone is in love with ducky and raz like you are grim.

Asmo is a fine forum poster, by any standard.
Raz wasn't really a forum poster really. He was a lobby guy.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

grim wrote:I FUCKING LOVE MULTIPLE DICKS IN MY ASSHOLE AND MOUTH
Captain

Post by Captain »

Asmodian wrote: 3. Name Changers 2009 (yes I already switched my mind)

Oh GKG voiced his opinion and it was different then mine, better switch!? ~Asmo
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Captain wrote:

It was suggested that I rank the teams, so I put a little more thought into it and even then I can not definitively say which team is better than another.

It is pretty cute how hard you and Flatline are dick riding though, you have the forums covered and flatline the lobby.
Captain ~ With our powers combined we create Captain idiot!
killerking

Post by killerking »

Could someone make a pack replay's of all the finals? So I can cast a good vote ;)

I can't find all old mwc sites and stuff and I thought some people might have the films saved on their hard drive.
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Asmodian wrote:1. Northern Pallywankers - This team did not lose a match during the entire Myth World Cup, in what I consider the most competitive Myth World Cup from 2004 forward. For the most part this team went on to dominate everyone they played which included a stacked BME team, Strong NC team and a Tcox finalist. If there is any scratch in this teams armor it would have to be against BIA 3 which they ended up winning in dramatic fashion (to say the least). The game 5 loss of BIA 3 to NP is stilll talked about every year during mwc (oh infact it came up yesterday between limp and ew in the lobby LOL) http://www.mythgaming.net/mwc2006/match.php?id=103 films of the series vs BIA.
I was on BIA3 and I don't remember how it ended.
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

Kug was depressed the whole summer after that
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

Iconoclasts are the only true Myth Champions.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

killerking wrote:Could someone make a pack replay's of all the finals? So I can cast a good vote ;)

I can't find all old mwc sites and stuff and I thought some people might have the films saved on their hard drive.
I don't think it's a fair way to give the best vote based only on the finals, sometimes the best matches come before the finals. I do have a map pack of every final other than 2009 though if you want them.
wwo

Post by wwo »

Asmodian wrote: It was suggested that I rank the teams, so I put a little more thought into it and even then I can not definitively say which team is better than another.

It is pretty cute how hard you and Flatline are dick riding though, you have the forums covered and flatline the lobby.
This made me laugh. You deserved to know.
Captain

Post by Captain »

Asmodian wrote:
Captain wrote:

It was suggested that I rank the teams, so I put a little more thought into it and even then I can not definitively say which team is better than another.

Wow, nice 3rd grade comeback!

Sticking with your routine.

I am rubber and you are glue.....You suck dick
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

np lost to smurfs in 06, who lost to lrcg
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

Np obviously, none of these other teams have the longevity of dominance Np had and they won tournies well before this game went into its downward spiral which really can't be said for almost all of the others listed.
Zak

Post by Zak »

armageddon also had akira/browning

I would pick them, since that was the most competitive mwc
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

i thought np play with like 4-5 ppl vs a full team in that year dant
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Zak wrote:armageddon also had akira/browning

That's fine if you want to put armageddon as the best team, but the most competitive mwc? That's pretty laughable to the people who have been around awhile.

1999-2007 were all more competitive tournaments.

good competition = Many teams are capable of winning the tournament and few others are capable of pulling of upsets.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

East Wind tmnt wrote:i thought np play with like 4-5 ppl vs a full team in that year dant
Yeah, apparently NP lost to that team 4v7, but they had some solid players on that team like nemesis,monty,Da and many others.
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Np was the best team of all time because tactics were still being developed, and they were influential in developing those tactics and won all the major tournaments when there was a ton of activity.

Bullz was the best team talent wise with fully refined tactics (with SP a close second). I only give the nod to bulls because Kirk played like a fucking madman and above the level of any of his replacements. Paris was also a more dominant player, and abs as a #5 option (when he was a heavy hitter) pretty much sums it up. In a time warp bulls probably wouldn't have lost a single Mwc game.
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

as far as Sp vs bulls, bulls had some good role players too. Also had a clear rivalry with NC, so more motivation. Bulls were kind of a lightening in a bottle mix; Kirk actually tried and the NC rivalry thing. On paper Sp/bulls pretty close though.
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

ya they were but GKG said it best. They had him, gk, and kirk who were far and away the most dominant mythers in the time period. Abs and paris were top "role players". Which really makes a difference. SP was very very good, but Bullz was motivated, and frankly scary good.
Zak

Post by Zak »

Asmodian wrote:
Zak wrote:armageddon also had akira/browning

That's fine if you want to put armageddon as the best team, but the most competitive mwc? That's pretty laughable to the people who have been around awhile.

1999-2007 were all more competitive tournaments.

good competition = Many teams are capable of winning the tournament and few others are capable of pulling of upsets.
So having npcox/armageddon/bia (with GKG)/MoC/NCcoming off their first tournament win, aren't teams capable of pulling off upsets? Pretty sure the top 4 teams traded matches in the QR.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

yeah that is pretty strong actually, I wasn't around that year. I didn't think there was a BIA team that year.

I would still take MWC 06 over it though
Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

Asmodian wrote:
East Wind tmnt wrote:i thought np play with like 4-5 ppl vs a full team in that year dant
Yeah, apparently NP lost to that team 4v7, but they had some solid players on that team like nemesis,monty,Da and many others petition
Yeah we played them 4v7 and it wasn't that close, felt about about that. But don't get me started on the most bullshit match I've ever played in smurfs vs lrcg, who should actually be called leet really cool guys who host drop when they are losing and cry like bitches.

I'm really surprised at the lack of BME love here, they were completely dominant with some of the best players at the time. They were also, in my opinion, the only team relevant when there was actually competition in this game.
Zak

Post by Zak »

Arsenal wrote:They were also, in my opinion, the only team relevant when there was actually competition in this game.
What exactly does "the only team relevant when there was actually competition in this game." mean? Do you mean 2004? NP wasn't relevant?

Was BME relevant in 2003, 2005, and 2006, or was 2004 the only time "there was actually competition in this game"?
Giant Killer General

I think it is much more understandable to argue which team was more historic, had a greater legacy in myth history, etc. which is always going to give an edge towards the older teams, in more competitive eras, etc.

But as far as raw skill, if you took the bullz and matched them against the best NP team, or the best BME team, we would have destroyed them. I don't care how innovative their strategy was in their respective time period, it was inferior to what the Bullz used which was innovative in its own right as well. I have seen the films from those eras, there is nothing impressive about them. Even strategy aside, our preparation, execution, and just raw skill made us unstoppable.

My rankings would be something like this:

#1 Bullz in 2011 - achieved the only 6-1 finals record victory in mwc history, and done against the previous dynasty team to boot. it really should have been a sweep too. enough said.
#2 NP in 2006 - won the most competitive MWC ever, which is certainly impressive. Also the closest player to my capping ability is undoubtedly Rabican.
#3 NC in 2009 - had me as a heavy hitter when I was at the absolute top of my game, crushing 2 1v1 tournaments this year. the team was also rounded out by a bunch NC guys hungry for an MWC win after winning a bunch of TWS tournies, and losing the MWC finals the previous year.
#4 BME in 2004 - I didn't know this team well, but they won possibly the 2nd most competitive MWC. A bunch of great players, including Chohan, the second best 1v1 player to ever play the game in his prime.
#5 SP in 2012 - Not as good as Bullz, but we still had great strategy and execution on a whole higher level than most of these other MWC championship teams.
#6 Armageddon in 2008 - solid, but just not as great as the teams above it. Oh I didn't know this, but they also lost their finals match, and just won in SD I guess? Yea any MWC win by losing the main match and winning the SD is not nearly as legit. The whole 2-win SD concept is very flawed.
#7 Thundercox in 2007 - i don't know if they really deserved to win. they lost the initial 7 game series, then won in SD. winning by SD is always a bit sketchy, winning 2 games in a row doesn't prove much.
#8 NC in 2010 - least competitive MWC in history, and also the closest finals match in history. All of that against a team captained by Ducky. I think in this MWC, both finalist teams came out as losers. Good thing I didn't play in it.

SP, while similar to bullz, was still pretty different, and a clearly inferior team. "My Team" definitely had the better team on paper, but they let ducky captain which basically created a repeat of what happened in the 2010 finals. Ghengis, Paris, and I were all not quite as good that year as we were the year previous on the Bullz. The bullz had a true killer instinct going that year.

I created this list before looking at Asmo's list, and I guess it turns out that Asmo's list and my list are pretty much the same, except I knew who to place at #1 and #2.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

To ppl talking about tournament success... just a bit of a history lesson on NC:

Mwc07... won finals, lost in SD... 2nd place
TWS 2007 champions
MWC08 won finals, lost in SD... 2nd place.
TWS 2 champions
MWC09 champions
NML10 champions
MWC2010 champions
MWC2011 2nd place

...since then we have suffered from inactivity and lack of care/ppl no longer playing.
We had a pretty solid run of dominance/top contendership... just sayin... ppl seem to have forgotten.
Giant Killer General

uhmm, I don't think anyone forgot adren.

actually EW tells me that NP barely won the BB finals (by 1 point) in 2006 against bia, and they basically should have lost it from what I hear if bia didn't shoot themselves in the foot. and bia in 2006 was a raz-led team, so that is pretty horrible. AND it doesn't sound like they were very prepared if they were even in the bottom bracket finals to begin with (how do you have attendance issues with a 16 player roster?). In contrast, the Bullz only lost 1 game each in both the top bracket finals and grand finals, that is how dominant they were. NP in 2006 sounds very similar to the rest of the NP teams in the years since then, and Bullz crushed NP 4-1 in mwc2011.

Seeing as NP is basically the longest living dynasty team and they only came out with 2 MWC wins, that is another hit against them. 2 MWC wins out of how many appearances? hrmm...im not so impressed anymore the more I think about it.

So #1 is pretty clear cut to me, but now I am on the fence about #2 again. NP may not be #2 after all, but certainly still close between #2 and #3, whoever it may be.

As far as overall dynasties, its clear that NP and NC were the 2 biggest dynasty teams, followed by BIA i suppose in 3rd. I think that is really just more of a testament of how much those groups of players just want to play with each other over and over again more than anything though. Many other players like myself like to jump around to different teams.
Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

Zak wrote:
Arsenal wrote:They were also, in my opinion, the only team relevant when there was actually competition in this game.
What exactly does "the only team relevant when there was actually competition in this game." mean? Do you mean 2004? NP wasn't relevant?

Was BME relevant in 2003, 2005, and 2006, or was 2004 the only time "there was actually competition in this game"?
What I meant by this was that BME was the only team playing when there was actually a substantial player base, and even in 2004 it was dwindling rapidly.

I'm sure I'm going to annoy a lot of people here, but all these teams reached their prime when there was a player base of maybe 1000 or less, and in the later years significantly less. It's hard to call that any level of competition when it's the same people playing year after year.

These players on all these teams are very good, but let's be honest here, they have been playing for 10+ years against the same people. That's not what I would consider a competitive scene. Back in the day, while the skill was not as good, it was more competitive because there were more people. I'm sure if you gave the top players back then 10 more years of practice they would be as good as the top players today.
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

Myth has always been pretty pathetic as far as competition goes if you want to compare it to other games, even in its prime.
Giant Killer General

same old debate arsenal, the dead horse has been beaten over and over again on that one.

personally I think overall competitiveness is strictly about the highest level of skill achieved in a single match, not by number of players / teams. Because if a single match had the highest level of play achieved in it between two players or teams, that would make it the most competitive match ever compared to every other match, regardless of what tournament other matches were in. and the tournament that had the most competitive match ever, is the most competitive tournament in my eyes. Are pro sports more competitive than college sports even though it has less players and teams? Obviously yes.

I think it is widely agreed upon by the majority of myth circles that MWC 2006 was the most competitive MWC, had the most care, etc. and it has been on a general (but not absolute) decline since then.
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

adrenaline wrote:To ppl talking about tournament success... just a bit of a history lesson on NC:

Mwc07... won finals, lost in SD... 2nd place
MWC08 won finals, lost in SD... 2nd place.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Cutard wrote:Myth has always been pretty pathetic as far as competition goes if you want to compare it to other games, even in its prime.
That's because online games were very new to the scene at that time and e-sports had not really taken off. Trying to compare myth 2 scene to another game that came out when online gaming started to take off is pointless.
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

The real best team on myth was civil/sf. They only stopped winning every tournament they ever entered because they got bored of the game and quit, and had a solid 2 years of winning literally every tournament they played in.That was a good amount of tournaments with a lot of good teams playing in them, full of people who actually regularly played Myth. MoR picked up the reins for 1 tournament and then NP became the team to beat, then of course they stopped giving a shit themselves and someone else took up the reins (BME). And so on and so forth. Is any team post 2000 really in the same league as civil/sf were as far as utter dominance? No. I'm sure had they cared enough to continue playing Myth they'd still be at the top.
Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Asmodian wrote:
Cutard wrote:Myth has always been pretty pathetic as far as competition goes if you want to compare it to other games, even in its prime.
That's because online games were very new to the scene at that time and e-sports had not really taken off. Trying to compare myth 2 scene to another game that came out when online gaming started to take off is pointless.
Heh...Starcraft Brood War came out around the same time as Myth 2 and it was massively more competitive. Way shittier game imo but the masses like what they like.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

No doubt Starcraft was more competitive (pretty hard to compare any game with it), but for the time of Myth 2 it was an extremely good online game. Unfortunately Bungie selling Myth 2 limited the potential that Myth2 had to grow any further on the online scene.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Asmodian wrote: 7. ThunderCox - This team eventually ended up going to losing to NC (12 task) in the finals but than won two games in a row in sudden death. On Paper this team had a chance to be among the best if they had their "best 7" show consistently of Cave,Zer,Grim,Cw,Tirri,Rab,Arz. Unfortunately I'm not sure if those seven ever showed together the same week forcing them to use some decent but not great players like stormrider,ota and qwerty. Fortunately for this Tcox team they were wise enough to not add Flatline to the roster, avoiding The Curse of Flatline.

Feel free to stop riding my cock anytime you want. It gets enough action as it is and it's getting a little chafed.
Your list sucks in that it didn't include 2k1 NP who basically went undefeated in a tournament with more competition than the later mwc's.

oh and back then stormrider was better than a "decent" player. Sometimes you can be a retard :(
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

With Myth World Cup coming to a end in the next two weeks it got me thinking, who is the best MWC champion team? (since 2004)
Let the debate/discussion begin.
reading comprehension fail.

Believe what you want about stormrider or any number of players, but the reality is a bunch of decent players are deemed "good" or even "great" sometimes because they always join a top roster. It is very very easy to look good on a roster that in good enough to win mwc if you don't play like a retard.

I actually like stormrider,migranie and verminix, but players that have been overrated in the past like them are just a result of their situation.
Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

Gkg - Yeah I am well aware of the age old debate, which was why I was hesitant to say anything and assumed I would annoy people.

It's just, in my opinion, important to compare the teams to the time they were playing.

What myrk just said about civil/sf and the older teams is pretty spot on to what I think, it's really hard to compare them.

I guess I have a different opinion on what competitive means. I don't find it very competitive to have a dozen teams and most of the talent stacked on 2 or 3 of them. I think it's more competitive to have more teams with more chances.

I'm sure someone will come along and explain why I'm wrong and how my parents were obviously cousins, but this is just my opinion on why, as far as competition goes, the earlier teams were ahead.
Giant Killer General

another comparison i would make, for any MMA fans out there is this:

what was more competitive, UFC 1, or modern era UFC's?

Would Royce Gracie be just as dominant if he could somehow stay young?

of course you are going to say that the numbers were greatest at the beginning with myth. however of the 80 or so teams in mwc 2000 and 2001, 90-95% of them were completely worthless, those shouldn't even count towards the numbers. Even in the biggest MWC there was only maybe 4-6 truly contending finalists. So just look at the relevant talent there. How long did people need before they could really learn the game and master it and achieve the greatest amount of overall talent? Myth needed several years for the talent to truly mature, just like any new sport. No one could master this game in 3-4 years, especially when there was absolutely no other game like it before. just my opinion as well.
killerking

Post by killerking »

What's wrong with having Ducky as a cap?
And what's the curse of Flatline? lol
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

Arsenal wrote:But don't get me started on the most bullshit match I've ever played in smurfs vs lrcg, who should actually be called leet really cool guys who host drop when they are losing and cry like bitches.

Agreed with most bullshit match, some of your team spent all match being giant jackasses and making personal attacks against our players without provocation. I believe we ended up playing the last map like 5 times, 3 of them LRCG was clearly winning when a smurf host dropped (if I recall it was newbiestyle 2x and rabiez once) another game got dropped on a smurf host when the game was even and teenie host dropped probably when LRCG was losing after I got seriously fucked over by magic dirt. Whatever the case we replayed and LRCG won. I recall we got fucked over later in the tourney when a captures game bugged out and magically gave Asmo's team a win too, that ended up putting them ahead in the MWC standings.
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

Also in '10 - Ducky actually did a good job until some no puss shit in the final des game. Again we came back too from being down 40% on an elimination.. that's a testament to us (and a fuck up by tirri HEHEHE). Again in '06... its not as if np was bad to barely win vs bia, bia played well. VS a stacked np/cox team too...Rab, tirri, arz, cw - right off the bat comes to mind. Similar np/cox team won '07 too. If you want to actually base any of this on fact and you'd have to watch all these teams in action... we're all guilty of using memory or just going by the result. Also another way is to go man for man on each roster and see who matches up against who to see who has the edge.
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Asmodian wrote:No doubt Starcraft was more competitive (pretty hard to compare any game with it), but for the time of Myth 2 it was an extremely good online game. Unfortunately Bungie selling Myth 2 limited the potential that Myth2 had to grow any further on the online scene.

Bungie has one of the worst marketing teams until Microsoft came along in comparison to blizzard. Blizzard already had Diablo 1 and Warcraft under its belt as massive titles. I dont know about you but I still have about 6 different wall sized posters of blizzard games such as the Diablo 2 poster with all the characters and myth had nothing like that.